• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Anybody have a clue what this guy is worth?
    8JUHbin.jpg

9wbBNkt.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Hard to tell what it's worth, but I agree with Tommy. But it's missing the throttle control lever so that's something to consider. Does it even run?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hard to tell what it's worth, but I agree with Tommy. But it's missing the throttle control lever so that's something to consider. Does it even run?

This. ^

Does it run is the big question, followed by how close to original condition. I messed with a vintage boat for a while, it's fun, but parts like your motor are expensive.

LeverGunFan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Bartholomew County
    Neat old outboard! Ebay has some active and closed listings for about $350 plus or minus a lot depending on condition. Here's one link for parts lists. They have more links to parts dealers if you are interested in getting it running.... if you want to go down that rabbit hole....

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Most old outboards seem to only be worth a couple of hundred dollars. I have a pre war 4 cylinder Evinrude, and 1950's vintage Firestone and a Scott Atwater. I have seen old vintage outboards sit on craigslist for months before disappearing I just don't think there is much of a market for them

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Even when these old motors run, they need to be gone over before trusting to use them.
    Things like ignition coils, rubber impellers on the water pump rotting, etc, can often fail and strand you out on the lake.

So even if it runs, I wouldn't use it without checking it out mechanically.
    If it uses a rubber impeller for the water pump, I'd replace it if possible, so at least if it fails, the motor won't get burned up.

I have a vintage early 1950's 5hp Johnson Seahorse that was my late father's.
    It's in like new condition, has low hours on it, and was always stored inside.

It hasn't been run since 1971.
    I bought the service manual and parts manual several years ago in hopes ot going over it and using it.
    But have never gotten around to it.

It's a great motor for getting one around the lake for fishing.

Top Bottom