Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Okay. I was surprised.
    The first went as I expected.
    The second one, WOW! I thought for sure it was still going to be toast.
    The third, I was surprised it lasted the first. But figured the 2nd shot would do the job.

Sp guns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Greece
    Okay. I was surprised.
    The first went as I expected.
    The second one, WOW! I thought for sure it was still going to be toast.
    The third, I was surprised it lasted the first. But figured the 2nd shot would do the job.

yes the second was very tough..!!!! Thank you my friend..!!

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Forget the lock! That's a tough ass log! As always a very informative and entertaining video.
    Dan

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Another good video.

But...
    Maybe having metal to shoot at (such as the car from the part of the video with the gas station).
    And, sparks are easier to see if it's darker.

I've shot at a car on a farm. Got some good sparks at dusk. Not sure if that would equate to igniting gasoline or not. We made sure all fluids were drained from the car.
    Our tests were more for the penetration of various rounds, at different parts of the car.

Sp guns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Greece
    Another good video.

But...
    Maybe having metal to shoot at (such as the car from the part of the video with the gas station).
    And, sparks are easier to see if it's darker.

I've shot at a car on a farm. Got some good sparks at dusk. Not sure if that would equate to igniting gasoline or not. We made sure all fluids were drained from the car.
    Our tests were more for the penetration of various rounds, at different parts of the car.

hello my friend..! Thank you for the idea too..!!

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    So here is my thoughts.

The reason the first shot sounded louder was because you got more noise bouncing off the surrounding obstructions.

I think the experiment needs to be tried again but this time without the muzzle device! They are designed to push gasses up and out. If the muzzle device was removed it would direct it forward into the water and you may get a different result?

This may be all for not because part of me is trying to remember when the Sega 410 was on the shelves here if the muzzle device was a choke or a break?

Also remember water is pretty hard and doesn't absorb sound well....I am thinking something softer....hmmmm...... FLOUR

That is the one i want to watch.:laugh:

Last edited:

Sp guns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2016
    Greece
    So here is my thoughts.

The reason the first shot sounded louder was because you got more noise bouncing off the surrounding obstructions.

I think the experiment needs to be tried again but this time without the muzzle device! They are designed to push gasses up and out. If the muzzle device was removed it would direct it forward into the water and you may get a different result?

This may be all for not because part of me is trying to remember when the Sega 410 was on the shelves here if the muzzle device was a choke or a break?

Also remember water is pretty hard and doesn't absorb sound well....I am thinking something softer....hmmmm...... FLOWER!

That is the one i want to watch.:laugh:

Hahahahahaha...thank you for the idea my friend..!!

Top Bottom