• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    it sounds like he was gonna start crying at 1:46.

is this common with PTSD?

PTSD can present in many ways.

Had this incident been full focused on the driver, I'd say it could be... when he switches his anger over to the female and back to the male, that's where it falls apart for me.

In most cases of PTSD related "snaps" the focus is intense and on one person. The PTSD aggressor usually becomes so blinded they cannot even see any other people or things except whatever/whoever triggered the episode. I'm not an expert in such matters however.

Basically what I see in the video is a douchebag with road rage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Acts like a lot of active duty marines to me, till you put an ass whooping on them then their whole attitude improves. It's amazing.
    This meat head doesn't need meds he just needs an attitude adjustment.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    it sounds like he was gonna start crying at 1:46.

is this common with PTSD?

In the comments, I see people defending him and saying he's a Non-Commissioned Officer, a Purple Heart recipient and has PTSD. I also watched the whole video.

I, myself, am also a Non-Commissioned Officer, a Purple Heart recipient, and suffer from diagnosed PTSD. I can tell you right now that what you see in the video is not a result of it.

The guy is just a ****bag who needs his ass kicked. That's not the way PTSD works, and anybody who has it is well aware of it. He's just your stereotypical Marine who thinks he's bulletproof. I hope he loses rank over this. It's a ****ing shame that he's casting such bad light on service members, and adding to the stigma of PTSD.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    If you look closely to the term PTSD, you could apply it to almost anyone. All of us out here have experience trauma in their life... Or you're just not living.
    Just because this douche is a Marine (or was) doesn't set him apart as something special to me. I suppose that this vid will release him from his 2nd amendment rights (Which I may add is viable in this case).

SIDEPOINT!

I don't believe we should be in 'gridlock' in these big cities Traffic-wise, Dependant-wise for food, energy, water, shelter, etc... Which I believe is a huge contributor to these type of outbreaks, and until we gt away from the falsity that we need to live so da#n close to one another, because of imaginary overpopulation.
    'The closer your neighbor is the less you trust them.'

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    [Warning - Some Inappropriate Language]

From The Blaze: Marine Absolutely Loses It During Road Rage Incident Caught on Tape: ‘Get the F**k Out of Your Truck!’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

What would you do if you were in the car that he was shouting at?

It reminds me a great deal of how a lot of the football players acted in college when they were roiding. Irrational outbursts, aggressive behaviors. One of my friends (and fraternity brother) was a safety.....and when he roided......he was out of control.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    That place looks familiar... Oceanside?

Sad.... I've read that War Veterans are committing suicide at a rate of 1 per day right now.

We need to get our troops the hell out of the Middle East. Unfortunately the world is so volatile right now I don't see any long period of peace in our immediate future.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    It reminds me a great deal of how a lot of the football players acted in college when they were roiding. Irrational outbursts, aggressive behaviors. One of my friends (and fraternity brother) was a safety.....and when he roided......he was out of control.

I think stress, ego and the feeling of invincibility are a big factor in this type of behavior.

The indoctrination done in the Marine Corps is an interesting thing. All it would have taken was for one SSGT to roll up and scream in that kids face and he would have stopped in his tracks and stood at attention.

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I'm tired of the demonization and mis information of PTSD. It doesn't equate to a raging lunatic ready to kill. PTSD affects each Marine, soldier, or other service person differently.

Living on base with other Marines is a different experience altogether. Some guys just dont know how to turn off the attitude when their uniform comes off.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am very sympathetic to those who have gone in harm's way for their country. However, this guy seems to have run out of steam until a couple of his buddies show up to hold him back and then his is "out of control" again. I wonder who he was performing for?

Top Bottom