• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I think we would be remiss to forget the origin of 11/11...Armistice Day.

Albeit a wiki entry, reading this may help us keep in touch with the roots of the day...especially timely with the sacrifices and sufferings our most recent combat vets have experienced. So much for Wilson's "war to end all wars".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armistice_Day

Thanks veterans for all you did.

I wish we could hold the politicians more accountable to limit the sacrifices future generations will have to make.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Never enlisted, but have 31 years with the DoD as an electronics engineer at NSWC Crane. Served six months in Afghanistan in 2011 with MTRC FOB Tarin Kowt.

Thank you to all who served. That includes my grandfather who was awarded the purple heart in Northern Africa during WWII, and my uncle Dairl who served aboard the USS Belknap during Vietnam.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    My great Uncle Paul, an ass kicking, island hopping Marine!

uncle_paul.jpg

ces6508

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Cave Town
    Tell him the way Active Duty were treated in the 60s and 70s.
    Better a pat on the back than a kick in the ass.

Army 66-68.
    11E Armor
    Korea

Old women did not buy us ice cream. No upgrades on flights. No "Thanks for your service". However, I was asked to leave a party because I was in dress greens. I made the other guests "uncomfortable". Different time.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Army 66-68.
    11E Armor
    Korea

Old women did not buy us ice cream. No upgrades on flights. No "Thanks for your service". However, I was asked to leave a party because I was in dress greens. I made the other guests "uncomfortable". Different time.

Really sad to hear that. I'm not young enough to remember that, but the scene in Forrest Gump comes to mind.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Army 66-68.
    11E Armor
    Korea

Well, I was raised differently. It may be late, but "Welcome Home. Thank you for your Service"

I have family that served then, so I've heard the stories what they had to deal with.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Army 66-68.
    11E Armor
    Korea

Thank you for your service. 2 ID up north I take it? Cave Town, near Washington/Orange County line?

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I love INGO. I have been in the Guard since 2010. I just got back on Halloween from Kuwait and Iraq. I signed up for more while I was there, but I am going to commission soon. It was always the goal and now that I have had the enlisted experience and a deployment I am ready to make the leap to the dark side. Super proud of my wife too - our first child was born 3 days before I left. His birthday is today. So I missed almost the entire first year.

My Uncle served in WWII the last talk I had with him before he passed, he opened up about his experience. I just sat and listened. Best part was when he said that Hitler was a stubborn SOB.
    My Dad served 4 years in the 80s and hates that he got out since he would be retired now.
    My wife's uncle just retired 20 years fro the Marines.
    Her cousin just left for Marines Basic Training.

To all before, current and future, THANK YOU!!!

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    Thank you to all who have served, are serving, and will serve. :bowdown::rockwoot::patriot:

I was pretty proud of my 12 year old this morning when he got dressed and said he was going to wear one of his appleseed shirts because "we are supposed to wear red white and blue, but I figure this is as patriotic or more than red white and blue"

Then to top it off, his bonus mom, my wife, just called and said he saw a bald eagle while waiting on the bus stop.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I dont consider myself a vet, I tore my knee up in basic and got a medical discharge.
    I do think of all the vets daily especially my family members past and present.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago