• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The moral of this story is that if you're depressed don't call a suicide hotline. They'll send people to arrest you, destroy your home, seize your dog and kill your fish. All without a warrant, too. I can't help but imagine how many vets things like this happen to, (or will happen to in the future). Hope this poor guy gets every penny he's suing for and then some. If there were any justice the people who kidnapped and assaulted him would be doing hard time.

Courthouse News Service

justjoe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2011
    gun counter at walmart
    Hope his lawyer sucks the life out of the departmental and all the officers involved. They trampled his rights into the dirt. This what happens when you militarize the police, overreaction and inappropriate responses.

serpicostraight

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    they need to start pressing charges against these neanderthals. lock them up and take away thier pensions. i bet things like this would quit real quick.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    As long as the officers got home safely.

I'm not following why he was arrested after being released from the VA hospital? The article didn't say, unless I missed it, why he was arrested.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    "To Protect and Serve"

I guess he got served.

And the moral of this story is: Don't call the government for help.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    The three firearms were a rifle, which was unloaded and trigger-locked in a locked hard-side container under his bed, a hand gun which was in a hard case in a drawer in the closet, and another handgun which was in a zipped bag on the shelf at the bottom of a clothes rack (pillows and blankets were on top and next to the bag).

I'm thinking that the above bold type is what they got him for, doesn't DC still have that ridiculous secured weapons law on the books? If so, I think it might have been an unsecured weapon.

nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    This is just one more perfect example of the joke: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help you."
    Being a descendant of the real "first" Amerikans, I am totally aware of just how much of a joke that really is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I'm thinking that the above bold type is what they got him for, doesn't DC still have that ridiculous secured weapons law on the books? If so, I think it might have been an unsecured weapon.

if thats the reason thats sad because those guns sound secure to me.

jake

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Ah! Could be that. Will need to look into it.

if thats the reason thats sad because those guns sound secure to me.

jake

Fruit of the Poison Tree rule would apply. Even if said pistol were laying on his night stand in the open. If the police searched without a valid warrant and no exigent circumstances existed, which it does not sound like there were, it is an unlawful search and seizure and an unlawful detention.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    Ziplock bag or not, it was secured. Doesn't locking a door to your home secure it? How is a gun in a locked and secured home not secured? It was not unsecured until the police broke down the door. Everyday, more and more, I feel like law enforcement and military are becoming nazis. Military personell not subject to civilian law, U.S. courts have no jurisdiction over Guantanamo Bay, detainees afforded no constitutional or any rights and endure torture sessions. Its happening folks, and we let it happen. All these illegal violations of our constitutional rights which are diminishing at a rapid pace. Sounds like American nazis to me.

Last edited:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Ziplock bag or not, it was secured. Doesn't locking a door to your home secure it? How is a gun in a locked and secured home not secured? It was not unsecured until the police broke down the door. Everyday, more and more, I feel like law enforcement and military are becoming nazis. Military personell not subject to civilian law, U.S. courts have no jurisdiction over Guantanamo Bay, detainees afforded no constitutional or any rights and endure torture sessions. Its happening folks, and we let it happen. All these illegal violations of our constitutional rights which are diminishing at a rapid pace. Sounds like American nazis to me.

I have to disagree with you on portions of your statement, Drew.

Military personnel are, in fact, subject to civilian law in addition to the UCMJ.

The people held at GITMO are Enemy Combatants, POWs, and are afforded rights in accordance with the Geneva Convention. They are not US citzens and we are not required to extend Constitutional protections to them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2011
    You may be right because I can't find the articles where I have read my statements to cite them so they may not be completely accurate. I will keep looking. I'm probably wrong and confused my late night reading. However I still don't understand why those people were tortured and how that is legal yet considered inhumane, yet the whistleblower is the one put on trial, which is maybe what I am confusing why the person all conducting the torture was not charged or put on trial. What happened to our right to observe? Maybe I'm talking out my a**. I know this is America and things like this just don't happen here, and when they do we are redirected away from it and hope that it is forgotten. Any who, I intend to research and have citations next time I make such statements, I was just writing how I feel about what is becoming of our country. :( what happened to this poor guy is sad sad sad, and increasingly more common.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    here is his NRA "please pay my legal bills" statement.

"Matthew Corrigan (District of Columbia). He contacted a telephone suicide hotline. The police broke into his home and seized firearms and ammunition. He was arrested and was charged with possession of unregistered firearms and possession of ammunition for unregistered firearms in the home. He was released on bail on February 19, 2010. He wants to challenge the registration statute. Counsel informed on January 31, 2011, that he filed motions to dismiss and to suppress."

Something to consider is we have no idea what the evidence is except for his account. If this guy called 211 411 or 911 and said, "i have a **** tons of guns and i'm gonna kill everyone because i'm so depressed" that operator is obligated to call the cops. D.C. may have a similar law like Indiana's "Jake Laird" law.

House Bill 1776

Top Bottom