• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I'm getting ready to accessorize my new colt le6920 and I've got all my stuff picked out except for the vertical grip. I've used the magpul moe grip and the Daniel Defense grips before and I really like them but I thought about trying out the new Magpul AFV2. Does anyone use this grip? Pro and Cons? I really like the way it looks but I've never had a chance to actually feel one or see how its feels on a rifle. Any help or input is greatly appreciated!

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    I have the AFV2 on my Noveske and I like it. I am running it with the smooth insert...didn't like the little bump.

I think the AFV2 works good as a reference point so that your support hand is in the same place every time.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I think the AFV2 works good as a reference point so that your support hand is in the same place every time.

This is why I purchased mine. As a reference point and to assist in pulling the rifle back into my shoulder with my offside hand. I currently only have 1 on my 15-22 as my AR has an MOE handguard.

I like it quite a bit.

I had been contemplating a Gear Sector or other handstop but the AFG2 works well.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I think I'm gonna have to give it a try. I want to try something different on this build rather than the standard vertical grip, plus the afg2 just looks wicked.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    What kind of support hand grip do you normally utilize? The AFG was designed for a very specific grip.

AFG_2.jpg

AFG_3.jpg

AFG_4.jpg

AFG_5.jpg

AFG_6.jpg

AFG_7.jpg

AFG_8.jpg

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Those pics, are the biggest load of.....amazing marketing I have ever seen.

"in this potition the musculus pronator muscles are in flexion and most weapon movement will be orgininating in the proximal radioulnar articulation"

Yeah.. whatever.

Harden up.

The AFG is a gimmick.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers

"in this potition the musculus pronator muscles are in flexion and most weapon movement will be orgininating in the proximal radioulnar articulation"

Yeah.. whatever.

Harden up.

The AFG is a gimmick.

Gimmick?

Gimmick or not, I will agree that the marketing folks did quite a job there.

However, it is the most comfortable and stable foregrip FOR ME that I have tried. "broomstick" vertical foregrips do not affored ME the control that I desire.

Note that each user may be different hence my capitalazation of ME.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

Yeah.. whatever.

Harden up.

The AFG is a gimmick.

Actually if you ever watch the Magpul Dynamics Carbine training video their experts will also say that a vertical foregrip should only be used as a reference point of where to put your grip. They show first hand how you have less control of the muzzle by holding onto it like a "broomstick".

To each their own, but I agree with their experts. I used to hold onto the foregrip like a broomstick until I saw that video and I can control muzzle climb of the weapon much easier with the "C clamp" method. During rapid firing I could never keep the muzzle from climbing so far up that my sights were way off target. With the "C clamp" method I can easily keep my sights on target. :dunno:

All that being said, I wouldn't spend the money on the AFG. I'd just keep a standard rail and use a standard hand position since it does pretty much the same thing.

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Well my AFG2 came in today and I must say, I really like it. It feels much better and more natural, FOR ME, than any other forward grip I have used. I can't wait to get out a put some rounds through it.

d1b73d61.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    Thats one bad looking gun!!! I cant comment on the AFG as i've never had the chance to use one, thinking about getting one just to try and see how it turns out. Let us know how you like it at the range, im looking for all the afg feedback i can find

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Thats one bad looking gun!!! I cant comment on the AFG as i've never had the chance to use one, thinking about getting one just to try and see how it turns out. Let us know how you like it at the range, im looking for all the afg feedback i can find

Thanks man, I really love this rifle. As soon as I get to throw some lead around I'll let you know how it is.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I bought one at the last 1500 so I could use it on my spr build but I like it so much I might need to get another cause I don't think I will take it off my ar

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    I forgot to mention that I ended up doing this setup on my Daniel Defense M4v5 not my LE6920. I added some accessories to my colt as well but it's not finished yet. Just thought I would add that because im sure some of you are looking at it thinking man, that doesn't look like a LE6920. Lol

Top Bottom