Utah To Get Constitutional Carry This Year?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like there will be a full court press from gun rights advocates to push for Constitutional carry in Utah. No permits required for concealed carry. Hope they manage to get it passed. I'm not holding my breath that it'll ever happen here. There's just too many politicians that love infringing rights and too many gun owners that love the permit system. Go Utah!

Proposal would allow Utahns to carry hidden guns without permit | Deseret News

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'm for it, but if they do so, what then becomes of the folks who have Utah's permit to gain a few extra states like many in Indiana do?
    They'll likely keep the permit system intact for that reason and so that Utahans can carry in other states. You just won't need a permit in Utah to carry. That's what AZ did. It's a cash cow for the state.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I'm for it, but if they do so, what then becomes of the folks who have Utah's permit to gain a few extra states like many in Indiana do?

Perhaps the government-loving gun-owners will push for Indiana to further restrict our LTCH, to become more like Utah's (current) system.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I think we need to push for the same thing here!

Unless we get Pat Bauer out of the Speaker's chair, this will not happen in Indiana. It is possible that it won't happen even if we get him out of that chair, at least for now. I don't think our legislature is ready to make that step now. That doesn't mean that it's not a worthwhile goal, I agree fully that it is. I just think that right now, the likelihood of it passing is not high. By all means, write to your legislators in both the House and the Senate and ask them to introduce a bill like this and/or to support such a bill. Point to Vermont, Alaska, and Arizona. Point to the possibility of Utah passing it. Point to the fact that Texas CHL holders are among the people who do not have to pass through security and a metal detector to enter the state Capitol there. I would love to see this pass and become law (or lack thereof) in Indiana.

Blessings,
    Bill

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Looks like there will be a full court press from gun rights advocates to push for Constitutional carry in Utah. No permits required for concealed carry. Hope they manage to get it passed. I'm not holding my breath that it'll ever happen here. There's just too many politicians that love infringing rights and too many gun owners that love the permit system. Go Utah!

the title of the article should read: Utah legistlature realizes current Utah law infrindges on Utahns CONSTITUTIONAL 2nd Amendment rights

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    We have enough active members on here, could we all get organized to either call/write our state reps or just show up at the state building with a bill that has been put together by "We THE PEOPLE" OF INGO?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    We have enough active members on here, could we all get organized to either call/write our state reps or just show up at the state building with a bill that has been put together by "We THE PEOPLE" OF INGO?
    I'm not sure we have the numbers here on INGO. There's a poll on another thread that has to do with Constitutionality of the LTCH and there's quite a few people, of those polled, who think it's just a peachy keen idea and the right thing to do, to have to have permission to carry. The very thought of Constitutional carry makes their heads assplode. While there are quite a few of us who would definitely be behind it, there are more than a few who would stand in front of it, in opposition.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom