• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    I will be hosting a Utah CFP CLass in Ft. Wayne on March 9 from 9:00am until approx 2:00pm. Class, Fingerprints and Photo as well as lunch are included in the price of $80.00 I will also provide applications and fingerprints or Arizona Permits for an additional $10.00

Location will be provided after registration, will be held in Zip 46804

To register use the following link: http://tinyurl.com/avsyq29

or email info@team-life.org or call 260-901-6655

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    For Clarification for those asking:

Indiana Permit = 28 States
    Indiana + UT = 34 States (Including Ohio)
    IN + UT + AZ = 38 States

Utah Fee is $ 51.00 and AZ is $60 = 111.00
    Florida is $ 117.50 and you get less states.

Renewal: Florida = $117.50

Renewal: UT & AZ Combined is $ 55.00 $40 for AZ and $ 15 for UT

Best BANG! for your Buck.

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Remember that only those who register will be supplied with the location of the class for security reasons.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Once you go through the initial class and receive permit, do you have to do a class for every renewal...I would assume not, but have learned to never assume

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Once you go through the initial class and receive permit, do you have to do a class for every renewal...I would assume not, but have learned to never assume

I've meant to ask about this, I registered, but never did receive an email or anything. I still have no location!?

Thanks!

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Renewal does not require a new class, just submit a renewal application, new Passport Photo. You can also renew online by uploading a passport quality photo and pay the renewal fee.

For those that registered, the exact location will be emailed out on Friday. This was a special request for security reasons at the request of the host location. You will understand when you see it.

Booya, you are registered.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    So I'm at this class right now and if I didn't want to get my license I would be walking out. I've heard a few things I disagree with but are arguable, however I just heard an instructor say "so if I point a gun at someone but don't touch the trigger they won't get hurt" when teaching the 3 rules (I prefer the 4 but whatever). I've also been swept by an instructor twice, as well as by several students when they passed the guns around the room. I also saw an instructor cover a muzzle with their hand. I also may not have seen everything because I was taken out of the instruction area to get fingerprinted. I sure hope they didn't cover anything I needed to hear. On top of all of that we weren't notified of the no live ammo requirement ahead of time.

I absolutely cannot recommend these guys to anyone.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    So I'm at this class right now and if I didn't want to get my license I would be walking out. I've heard a few things I disagree with but are arguable, however I just heard an instructor say "so if I point a gun at someone but don't touch the trigger they won't get hurt" when teaching the 3 rules (I prefer the 4 but whatever). I've also been swept by an instructor twice, as well as by several students when they passed the guns around the room. I also saw an instructor cover a muzzle with their hand. I also may not have seen everything because I was taken out of the instruction area to get fingerprinted. I sure hope they didn't cover anything I needed to hear. On top of all of that we weren't notified of the no live ammo requirement ahead of time.

I absolutely cannot recommend these guys to anyone.

I disagree with this. If you really ever didn't feel safe, you should have walked out. I do agree that there were a few opinions being sprinkled in, that I maybe didn't agree with, but whatever. It's there class they can say whatever they want. However, you took this "so if I point a gun at someone but don't touch the trigger they won't get hurt" out of context. The statement itself is true, but he listed 2 other statements and brought it full circle saying you have to break these rules (statements) or failed to have followed them for someone to get hurt. You must have missed something there. Out of context what you quoted is the opposite of what (the point) was being said.

Secondly, I didn't see the instructor sweeping anyone, matter of fact, I thought he was doing pretty good, but i will admit, I wasn't concentrating on it. The STUDENTS though, sure that may have happened. some of the STUDENTS may not have the same firearms handling experience as some of us. Anywhere there are guns, generally people get swept. You try your best to avoid it, but it happens. Not to mention the guns were cleared several times, you knew you were safe. I'm not justifying it, I'm just saying don't get all in a tizzy about it. The muzzle you saw covered, was it on the training gun the instructor had in his hand forever? Just curious.

Now on top of ALL THAT (holy smokes) was removing the live ammo that big of a deal? Maybe it was, I'm just saying. I didn't have any one me so...

These guys can be recommended. The class was fine unless you want to nit pick, in which case, no class will be fine.

I will say, the logistics needs some work. I thought the way the pics and prints were done, wasn't necessarily the most efficient (especially time wise) way to get it done. All in all though, the class was fine. I'd recommend them.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I disagree with this. If you really ever didn't feel safe, you should have walked out. I do agree that there were a few opinions being sprinkled in, that I maybe didn't agree with, but whatever. It's there class they can say whatever they want. However, you took this "so if I point a gun at someone but don't touch the trigger they won't get hurt" out of context. The statement itself is true, but he listed 2 other statements and brought it full circle saying you have to break these rules (statements) or failed to have followed them for someone to get hurt. You must have missed something there. Out of context what you quoted is the opposite of what (the point) was being said.

I don't think the context justified saying that to a class room of 25+ people of varying degrees of knowledge. Bottom line is that you don't point your gun at someone you don't have the intention of putting holes in...making any kind of statement along the lines of "but as long as you don't pull the trigger it should be fine" is a huge misstep, regardless of context. I was sitting next to another INGO member and he seemed to share my sentiment.

Secondly, I didn't see the instructor sweeping anyone, matter of fact, I thought he was doing pretty good, but i will admit, I wasn't concentrating on it. The STUDENTS though, sure that may have happened. some of the STUDENTS may not have the same firearms handling experience as some of us. Anywhere there are guns, generally people get swept. You try your best to avoid it, but it happens. Not to mention the guns were cleared several times, you knew you were safe. I'm not justifying it, I'm just saying don't get all in a tizzy about it. The muzzle you saw covered, was it on the training gun the instructor had in his hand forever? Just curious.

No it was up at the gun table during a break. Sure we all "know" they were unloaded (:rolleyes:), but again treating any gun like it isn't loaded...especially in front of students...is just plain unacceptable. Also I'm quite aware that the "gun" he had up front was a laser pointer used for training, but proper muzzle discipline should always be maintained even with training guns..that's how you demonstrate and develop discipline for the real ones. The only time you demonstrate bad behavior is when you clearly explain "I'm about to show you what NOT to do." Not to mention the fact that it was laying on a stand facing the class when I walked in, and it's real enough looking I wasn't entirely sure it wasn't.

Also with regard to the students, in a crowd that big the guns should have been disabled not just unloaded.

I expect every instructor to consistently demonstrate good behavior and when they fail to do so, stop and explain what they did wrong. Also, yes, handling of hot firearms should be kept to a minimum so telling students ahead of time that they aren't allowed is just another good safety step.

I disagree with this. If you really ever didn't feel safe, you should have walked out.

I didn't say I felt unsafe, I was just fairly angry at the lackadaisical gun handling I saw going on.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom