• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I am glad that Eatmeerkats made my Glock look good. Too bad I couldn't shoot with you guys this weekend - had to help my girlfriend move out of her apartment.

EatMeerkats

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glock or an M&P, either will serve Jakes son better than that XD.

The XD has returned from Springer Precision with an all-new trigger job that was done under warranty. The pre-travel is virtually non-existent, and reset is extremely short now. Now that is what I call good service!

I am glad that Eatmeerkats made my Glock look good. Too bad I couldn't shoot with you guys this weekend - had to help my girlfriend move out of her apartment.
    Thanks again for lending me the Glock... it shoots very well, although a little high in my hands.

captpaul

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Indy
    I learned a lot from this match. After every match or practice session I write down in a journal my positive and negative feelings about my performance. Shooting prone, which I have near zero experience with, is a different discipline. I also voluntarily shot SHO on a stage which is a first for me. As my technical abilities strengthen I begin to see more loopholes in my mental game. Aside from just shooting holes in things, I am really starting to appreciate the lessons of this game.

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I should have stayed in bed. Gun didn't run on 3 stages. Shot like crap on the rest. Had a bit of a head cold and now my head and body is aching.

-rvb

So other than that how did the match go?

First stage I shot was stage 2. Didn't ID the extraction failure right off, just racked assuming it was a bad feed or ejection failure. That really jammed it up. Had to rip the mag, clear, and reload. Figure that cost me around 5s. And I didn't get a good look at the movers so I played it too conservative and didn't take anything between the activators and movers, that had to cost me another sec.

Stage 3 I had another extraction failure prone. Figure it cost me 3 sec and I had to make up a plate.

I had assumed it was bad brass, stuff I had gotten for free. So I switched to usual ammo.

Stage 4, the freestyle/sh/wh stage I absolutely rocked. except for the extraction failure (3 sec again).

Off to the safe table to tune the extractor...

Stage 5 my head cold was really playing havok with me. Felt weak and shakey. Tried to eat something but it was too late. 2 Mikes. ouch. (And I didn't call them which was very frustrating).

Stage 1 I just shot 'ok.' Nothing barn burner, nothing disasterous. Didn't plan well and just kinda shot as I saw them.

Felt like hell on the road and when I got home. Guess my alarm not going off and making me rush out was a sign I should have stayed in bed.... frustrating shooting... frustrating that my gun is usually a sewing machine didn't run.

As for the club, it's a very very nice facility. Could use a couple of shade trees. ;) Excellent burms! Stages were layed out well with some subtle options and got-chas. Curious with 2 standards why no classifier, but it's not a big deal. Good group of folks there.

Drive wasn't as long as I thought. google said 2 hours but only took about 1h-40m, so I'll be back more often. Looking forward to some SC.

-rvb

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    This sounds like a lot of fun. I've got that last few items I need to give it a shot (lame pun intended :): ) on the way, and I'm really hoping to make the next round.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    This sounds like a lot of fun. I've got that last few items I need to give it a shot (lame pun intended :): ) on the way, and I'm really hoping to make the next round.

It is great fun. Our ACT instructional league might be a good place to start, PM me if you would like to know more about it.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Not sure why they decided against a classifier this month that is strange. It did not break my heart though.

Sorry to hear about the gun trouble, that is always frustrating.

First stage I shot was stage 2. Didn't ID the extraction failure right off, just racked assuming it was a bad feed or ejection failure. That really jammed it up. Had to rip the mag, clear, and reload. Figure that cost me around 5s. And I didn't get a good look at the movers so I played it too conservative and didn't take anything between the activators and movers, that had to cost me another sec.

Stage 3 I had another extraction failure prone. Figure it cost me 3 sec and I had to make up a plate.

I had assumed it was bad brass, stuff I had gotten for free. So I switched to usual ammo.

Stage 4, the freestyle/sh/wh stage I absolutely rocked. except for the extraction failure (3 sec again).

Off to the safe table to tune the extractor...

Stage 5 my head cold was really playing havok with me. Felt weak and shakey. Tried to eat something but it was too late. 2 Mikes. ouch. (And I didn't call them which was very frustrating).

Stage 1 I just shot 'ok.' Nothing barn burner, nothing disasterous. Didn't plan well and just kinda shot as I saw them.

Felt like hell on the road and when I got home. Guess my alarm not going off and making me rush out was a sign I should have stayed in bed.... frustrating shooting... frustrating that my gun is usually a sewing machine didn't run.

As for the club, it's a very very nice facility. Could use a couple of shade trees. ;) Excellent burms! Stages were layed out well with some subtle options and got-chas. Curious with 2 standards why no classifier, but it's not a big deal. Good group of folks there.

Drive wasn't as long as I thought. google said 2 hours but only took about 1h-40m, so I'll be back more often. Looking forward to some SC.

-rvb

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

South Central is coming up this weekend in Freetown, IN, and is much closer to Bloomington, you should join us.

Atkinsons

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 19, 2009
    Greenwood, IN
    I would appreciate any information on shooting events thats going on here.. Use to shoot and now I am getting back into the game.. If anyone can steer me in the right direction please let me know...

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    It was a great match and I had a great time , right up until i found out my Dad was in the ER.
    I didn't shoot too well on the last stage because of it.
    I will be returning
    Thaks for a good time

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Shot the match clean, 16th overall and 10th in my division.

Me thinks shooting minor PF is starting to affect my standings.:dunno:

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Me thinks shooting minor PF is starting to affect my standings.:dunno:

You can get a good idea the next time you have scores uploaded to uspsa.org. The match summary for each shooter shows how many As, Bs, Cs, Ds, on each stage. it's real easy to throw that into a spreadsheet and recalculate your HFs and match points to see if major would have gained you any positions.

-rvb

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    It was a great match and I had a great time , right up until i found out my Dad was in the ER.
    I didn't shoot too well on the last stage because of it.
    I will be returning
    Thaks for a good time

Hope everything goes ok with your dad!

Top Bottom