• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    from 2010, so most likely old news to you all but I had not seen this video before and was impressed enough to want to share it. A VERY heart felt thanks to the combat vets from an old Navy electrician. Your actions make our world a better place.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh_U-iWD690[/ame]

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Wow! I didn't know that ammo existed. The .50 is a deadly weapon to be sure...with that ammo? It's almost unfair!! ;)

CandRFan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Kokomo
    Indeed :)

I wish I still had access to the rifles and ammo that I used on a daily basis when I was in the Army. There's nothing unfair about the ammo lol ... still not anywhere near the mind f**k that an 8 year old with a bomb on his chest is.

Yeah, I should have put that comment in purple. ;) When if comes to our guys and what they fight with...the more "unfair" the better, if you understand what I'm saying! It's sort of like the introduction of the proximity fuse in WWII against ground targets...it was a game changer and the Germans had no idea what hit them.

Thanks for your service. :yesway:

shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I am amazed at some of the shots there guys make. I am in th early stages of learning about long range shooting. I am not a sniper and never will be. I just like learning about and shooting long distance. Like the bumper sticker says " God bless our soldiers. Especially the snipers."

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    I am amazed at some of the shots there guys make. I am in th early stages of learning about long range shooting. I am not a sniper and never will be. I just like learning about and shooting long distance. Like the bumper sticker says " God bless our soldiers. Especially the snipers."

Yep, God bless them all. Active and retired. They do the heavy lifting.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Wow! I didn't know that ammo existed. The .50 is a deadly weapon to be sure...with that ammo? It's almost unfair!! ;)

Just be aware that there are plenty of scammers out there passing fake Raufoss rounds off. There's one guy who keeps popping up on the various auction sites under different usernames. Real ones exist out there in the civilian market but they are rare and can go for $75-100@ which encourages fakes. The only real way to tell a real one is x-ray. Arfcom .50 forum has a good discussion on this from time to time as it pops up occasionally.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    That was in Lutifiya, Iraq. I was stationed on a patrol base there from late 07-08. Our patrol base was on the end of the city in 3 buildings we took and walled off. The oil refinery that the sniper shot from was easily visible at about 3/4 of a mile. I laid on top of one of the oil tanks and I can say that it was definitely an impressive shot to say the lease.

The funny thing is that the town, while we were there at least, was calm and we never had a problem with the locals. We had to drive a mile in any direction to get anyone to try to pick on us.

Indeed :)

I wish I still had access to the rifles and ammo that I used on a daily basis when I was in the Army. There's nothing unfair about the ammo lol ... still not anywhere near the mind f**k that an 8 year old with a bomb on his chest is.

An 8 year old with a bomb on his chest is just a slower target than lets say a 25 year old with a bomb.

xanderphillips

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Wholly crap! This guy made a Taliban take a nap at 1.5 miles! Took him several shots to get zeroed in at that distance, but still 1.5 miles!!! Wholly crap! I'd probably have a hard time even keeping the dude in my field of vision in my scope at 1.5 miles let alone hitting anything smaller than a school bus or dump truck!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MK4SEoBFXk[/ame]

Top Bottom