• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lyudmilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    On another thread, someone asked about John Hostettler's postion on 2nd Amendment issues. I contacted his campign and they emailed me the following info:

John Hostettler was repeatedly endorsed by GOA and NRA.

Legislative highlights:
    • Cosponsored and voted for the repeal of the Clinton semiautomatic weapon and large capacity magazine ban
    • Led the fight against the Clinton administrations efforts to sue gun manufacturers out of business, including:
      • Authoring and passing in the U.S. House a measure to defund the Clinton Administration’s U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Developments "settlement agreement” with Smith & Wesson also known as HUD's “Community for Safer Guns Coalition.”
      • Authoring amendments to defund the Treasury's settlement agreement with Smith & Wesson
      • Authoring the Interstate Commerce Freedom Act which was designed to protect all manufactures, including gun manufacturers, from being sued for the illegal use of their products.
    • Led the effort to arm pilots after the attack of 9-11
    • Authored and introduced the Secure Access to Firearms Enhancement (SAFE) Actto allow concealed carry reciprocity across the country.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    John Hostettler was one of if not the strongest proponent of the individual RKBA in the modern history of Congress.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    For those voting for who ever runs for Bayh's spot pleas pay close attention to who they are, you might end up putting someone worse than him in his place. (if thats possible)

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Hostettler was consistently rated A+ by GOA. Their grading standards are a lot more strict than the NRA.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    NEVER assume.... not ALL former sheriffs are worthwhile, although it is a good start.

Exactly - Sheriffs are an elected position....they are politicians first. If you want to find those in law enforcement who support the RKBA, they are the deputies. Unions, Int'l Police Chiefs, and all the rest of the elected wonks are hit-or-miss.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As a former sheriff I would hope he is pro-gun
    IN State Senator Jim Arnold is a former sheriff and has fairly consistantly voted against gun rights for us commoners.

You'd think he would understand that there is no place safe from criminals, so it is better to put more people out there to combat them.

Sadly, he seems to have fallen into the liberal Democrat trap of feeling that a school campus border (and other "forbidden" locations) contain some magic that turns good, law-abiding, peaceable citizens into evil, murderous criminals and evil, murderous criminals into good, law-abiding, peaceable citizens if they cross that line while armed.

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Let me take a WILD guess: the GOP establishment is backing a more "moderate" Republican. (I'd be happy to be wrong on this).

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    It's not just a matter of "whoever runs against Evan Bayh" but a matter of campaigning for and voting in the primaries to help select that person. I've seen a number of candidates for that position who mouth the pro-gun platitudes but from the above I see that this candidate appears to have an actual track record to back up the words.

Top Bottom