• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SilveradoII

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2013
    I recently stopped at a little gun shop in Pais, IL just to see what they had. There was a small area on the back wall of the shop that had a gate across it. All they had in that area was used long guns. They had a big sign that stated to enter a resident of IL had to have a FOID, a resident of IN had to have a LTCH.

Was a little un-nerving when I asked what that was all about and they laughed so I left.

Dagoney22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    NWI-Merrillville
    There is a place in Joliet, IL called megasports or something, during the initial gun rush they wouldn't let anyone without a FOID card in, and no IN residents where allowed in. I don't even think we where allowed in the lot...

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I recently stopped at a little gun shop in Pais, IL just to see what they had. There was a small area on the back wall of the shop that had a gate across it. All they had in that area was used long guns. They had a big sign that stated to enter a resident of IL had to have a FOID, a resident of IN had to have a LTCH.

Was a little un-nerving when I asked what that was all about and they laughed so I left.

There is a place in Joliet, IL called megasports or something, during the initial gun rush they wouldn't let anyone without a FOID card in, and no IN residents where allowed in. I don't even think we where allowed in the lot...

What do these have to do with Pelchers and their new store/gun range?

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Any update on the range and new store? Inquiring minds want to know...

I don't have an update as I've been pretty busy lately. Didn't seem to me that anyone here gave a rats ass anyway. I'll check back in when I go see Larry again, but probably not till next week.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have a bad taste in my mouth from a transfer they did for me back when I lived in a Illinois. Called and asked the price and they quoted $35. When I went to pick up my handgun they told me that the state required them to charge me sales tax (it doesn't) and added another $50+ to my transfer. I wouldn't step foot in the place.

I wouldn't step foot in IL period.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    When I started this thread I thought folks around here would be happy to see a new shooting range opening in the area. I'm now sorry I started it. I'm sorry it's taking so long for the owner to jump through all the Illinois hoops, I'm sorry that the owner seems to be a dick head to some. Please delete.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    I'm as excited as you are about a new range. Living in Munster and not having to have to go to Deb's and inhale all that crap in a dim range or having to drive out to Valpo would be swell.

I called because I was curious. I want to shoot, the weather has been crappy at best and not feeling the love for Deb's lately. I can't wait 'til Pelchers range opens.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    No need to delete the thread.

Granted, it's taking awhile, but until we get some feedback on present day experiences none of the past stuff means squat.

They can treat people like sheeot and commit business suicide if they want, and maybe they will, but if they turn out to be a decent, clean, friendly place to shoot they'll have my business.

I'd love to have a range that close.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I'm as excited as you are about a new range. Living in Munster and not having to have to go to Deb's and inhale all that crap in a dim range or having to drive out to Valpo would be swell.

I called because I was curious. I want to shoot, the weather has been crappy at best and not feeling the love for Deb's lately. I can't wait 'til Pelchers range opens.

Well I guess there's two of us.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    When I started this thread I thought folks around here would be happy to see a new shooting range opening in the area. I'm now sorry I started it. I'm sorry it's taking so long for the owner to jump through all the Illinois hoops, I'm sorry that the owner seems to be a dick head to some. Please delete.
    I'm sure we would all like to see another shooting range in the area. I don't get why you seem to be taking this so personally though. :dunno:

If anyone has any future updates or new info I would be glad to hear about it.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I stopped in here today, Pelcher's gun and range Lansing IL jsut to see if the range is actually open or not, IT IS !

I didn't shoot, but it looks nice - 5 lanes - that's it and given the size of the building would guess 10yds maybe 15 (?)

$20 per shooter

Dan T

M9Hoosier

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    NWI
    I stopped in here today, Pelcher's gun and range Lansing IL jsut to see if the range is actually open or not, IT IS !

I didn't shoot, but it looks nice - 5 lanes - that's it and given the size of the building would guess 10yds maybe 15 (?)

$20 per shooter Dan T

at double the price of debs, i will continue shooting at debs. plus the fact that pelchers are run by crooks

Top Bottom