• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    January 29th and 30th is the gun show in Ferdinand. This is my absolute favorite show because there are still gun parts people who set up there.

Tables of gun stocks (and the guy has warehouses of stocks and parts) and good deals to be had.

For example: last year I bought a Winchester 1897 black diamond stock for $25.

I have no skin in this game, I just show up and pay like the rest of us but this is one you don't want to miss...

Guns&engines

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    I haven't been able to make it to this one for a few years, but plan to go this year. Looking forward to it!

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks for the reminder. This is a really fun show, albeit not huge. I still can spends a couple hours there. Definitely will be there Saturday, probably hauling something or two around to sell trade. It is a good show for that.

Guns&engines

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    How does the selling and trading work at this show? Do you happen to know? I have some things I've been thinking about getting rid of that I could bring with me. Don't want to do it if they make it a pain in the butt like some shows. Certainly don't want to have to pay or register as a vendor just to sell or trade a couple items.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Good show, always something to see. (I picked up some Romanian 7.92mm a couple of years ago.) The front room usually has historic and/or hand-made weapons on display.

Alas, I have to work this Saturday...maybe next year!

Gypsy31

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2014
    Newburgh
    I'm interested to hear reports on the show. The one in Evansville at the 4H grounds earlier this month was noticeably smaller than the previous one in October.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I picked up numerous parts that I needed, sold 4 guns and bought 2. I also picked up a real nice UFH '03/M1 bayonet.

I always wanted a UFH cuz now I can say, "U Fork'n Hoe" and no one can be mad at me...

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    372   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Still a good show. There was a crowd but getting through the aisles was not bad. There were a lot of priced too high S&W revolvers and plenty of interesting used guns. I took an SKS paratrooper in an aftermarket stock to trade or sell. Lots of Chinese SKSs at the show for $550-$750. I ended up trading it for an SMC-918 plus cash.

Quite a few Marlin 39as as well but all were north of $800. Saw an older Marlin 1894 in .357 for $1,350.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Good show, just got back. Had the chance to visit with our own mkgr22, been a day or 2 since I've had the chance to knowingly talk with a fellow INGOer. Ran into a mess of folks I know and shot with from the old days so ended up spending more time B.S.ing than shopping but definitely worthwhile. Only had two things I was really looking for, one of which there was none there and the other was way overpriced. Did pick up a couple of Moras and a puukko from one vendor along with a deer antler back scratcher.
    Lots of older and hunting stuff along with parts for them out the yingyang, some decent pricing, some outrageous.

mkgr22

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2010
    Starlight, IN
    Good show, just got back. Had the chance to visit with our own mkgr22, been a day or 2 since I've had the chance to knowingly talk with a fellow INGOer. Ran into a mess of folks I know and shot with from the old days so ended up spending more time B.S.ing than shopping but definitely worthwhile. Only had two things I was really looking for, one of which there was none there and the other was way overpriced. Did pick up a couple of Moras and a puukko from one vendor along with a deer antler back scratcher.
    Lots of older and hunting stuff along with parts for them out the yingyang, some decent pricing, some outrageous.

I'm glad I recognized you in the crowd, John. I enjoyed our visit.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I did see a Savage combi rifle that was .357 over 20ga and another that was .30-30 over 20ga. I hadn't seen these combos in some time.
    One of the guns I bought was to relieve Mauser Mike of one of his Mossbergs, it is a keeper. Thanks...

Guns&engines

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    I went just before lunch Saturday and it was packed! Unfortunately I didn't find any casting supplies at all. Didn't find any reloading supplies that I was looking for either. The gun prices were mostly higher than I expected, so nothing even tempted me. The only thing I walked away with was a new straight razor knife.

Top Bottom