up coming Rural King ad not published yet. great prices on AR15's......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County
    Closest RK to me did this to several us numerous times. Then they lost their ability to sell firearms for awhile due to paperwork discrepancies with the BATF. They allowed them to continue to sell ammunition. In the meantime, during the onset of the .22 panic, the department manager was buying up all the .22 ammo coming through the back door and driving around to local gun shops in a 30-40 mile radius and selling it to them for a nice profit. Too many issues with that particular store and employee that made me want to take my business elsewhere. I would give a different RK store a chance though.

Which location are you talking about?

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    So.....you think it's ok if any employee from any business (that's not a site advertiser that's paid to do this) comes on INGO and creates threads about their company's great deals?

IDK about you, but I call that index.jpg

I'm trying to be nice and give INGO members a heads up with out breaking the rules completely. But I guess the road to hell is paved with good Intention's here. Since every little snow flake on here isn't satisfied with just a heads up if they were already looking for an AR to wait till Sunday before making a decision. More, more more.... Me, me, me... OVER IT........

^^^^^^^^ only applies to INGO snow flakes you know who you are ^^^^^

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Yes the rebate is a RK gift card physical or emailed to you depending on which you select. Email takes less time to get to you so if your planning on buying ammo or accessories...

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    The difference is, the OP works for RK.

So I assume it's cool if I let everyone know on the general board in a new thread every time I post a killer deal in the classifieds. You know.....just to let people know.

i say thank you for the heads up on a good deal. I see this as no different than this thread https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ammunition-reloading/78409-get-your-ammo-here.html which is basically people letting others know of good deals at places that are not site supporters.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I appreciate the heads up. I can follow up on info and decide if it's something I'm interested in or not.
    Thanks

^^^QFT^^^

So.....you think it's ok if any employee from any business (that's not a site advertiser that's paid to do this) comes on INGO and creates threads about their company's great deals?

IDK about you, but I call that View attachment 46335

I think that's calling things a bit over the top. Yeah, it might be skirting the rules a little bit, but no specifics were put forth and the "just a heads up if they were already looking for an AR to wait till Sunday before making a decision" angle makes a lot of sense to me. If someone had saved for months for their first AR, finally purchased it after work on Friday, then found out about a better deal at RK on Sunday when the ad comes out...well, I'm sure we would hear about it on INGO and rightfully so because that would suck. It's not like the OP is getting a commission or is a small business owner/sole proprietor/spouse of same, he's just trying to do his fellow INGO members a solid since he has a little bit of advance notice that a good deal is coming. Us readers are left to decide if we want to hunt up the RK ad or not, which helps show that this is not spamming. Heck, how many times have people on INGO asked various store employees when the ammo truck is coming? Isn't this pretty much the same as answering that question so that us INGOers have a better shot at getting some ammo at a good price before it sells out?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

So I assume it's cool if I let everyone know on the general board in a new thread every time I post a killer deal in the classifieds. You know.....just to let people know.

The difference between what the OP did and what you are proposing is that there is a direct profit motive for you. And it's not like the OP posted up the ad. By your reasoning we should stop the gunshow threads just because some INGOers happen to be vendors at the show.

jgressley2003

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    Miami County

Works for RK, but doesn't own RK so it's not like he's pushing to gain something for himself.

BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Does that include the "dealer" that doesn't pay for advertising? RK doesn't pay INGO do they? Someone, maybe with no relationship with, RK posts about a great sale at RK, is that not a violation of TOS? Just asking, cuz I be not knowing?

Well let's see I was an INGO member before working at RK and since I do work at RK now I thought I would be nice but if y'all don't want info that I come across with out me being a ( paid advertiser ) then I'm more than happy to keep future info to my self.

Top Bottom