• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Without starting more issues, what do the LEO's do when they ask a permit holder in a traffic stop if they have a firearm and the driver tells them its non of their business?

yournamehere

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    Its not a permit, its an LTCH.

Did I make any typos as well. I have been carrying a gun for over 30 years. Permit/ LTCH I just roll my eyes when people insist on making an issue out of a simple term of nomenclature. Yes you can write a thousand words on the hair splitting but for general discussions on the subject most of us interchange the terms but do understand.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Did I make any typos as well. I have been carrying a gun for over 30 years. Permit/ LTCH I just roll my eyes when people insist on making an issue out of a simple term of nomenclature. Yes you can write a thousand words on the hair splitting but for general discussions on the subject most of us interchange the terms but do understand.
    I believe Frank was razzing you a bit. But believe me, on INGO, permit and LTCH are NOT interchangeable. Someone will be along shortly to explain why. :):

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed

:welcome:.......:popcorn:

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Most of us working stiffs are only "bothering" those who we suspect are doing dirty. 98% of the rest of the community will have no negative interaction with us EVER.
    The problem is - how does one know whether your 'casual' interaction is exactly that, or if you really suspect something and you're not trying to let-on. The sheer fact that it's only your suspicion and, honestly, you probably don't have to reveal said suspicion unless challenged - makes all interactions potentially questionable.

tinfoil hat

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

Stick around awhile and you'll probably have a good idea when I'm being sarcastic. Which is most of the time so its pretty obvious.

To answer your question I don't routinely ask drivers if they are armed. If I see a firearm or catch a sight of the pink paper when someone is giving me their DL I tell them if they don't touch their piece I won't touch my piece. It has so far worked out well for everyone involved.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    The problem is - how does one know whether your 'casual' interaction is exactly that, or if you really suspect something and you're not trying to let-on. The sheer fact that it's only your suspicion and, honestly, you probably don't have to reveal said suspicion unless challenged - makes all interactions potentially questionable.

tinfoil hat

I can't speak for the otherJBTs on INGO, but if I suspect something is up you'll know. I may beat the innocent, but I don't beat around the bush.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Top Bottom