• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Same here and hard earned too. But big difference between training pvts and making arrests. They are totally and utterly ridiculous for le work imo.

We don't wear them that often anymore, usually during the first few weeks and then once the real training starts it's patrol caps unless you have some type of garrison duty. That of course ebbs and flows with who the current CSM is and how he feels about it.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Same here and hard earned too. But big difference between training pvts and making arrests. They are totally and utterly ridiculous for le work imo.

It's not that big a deal, if it gets knocked off in a scuffle when you're done you just pick it up and put it back on, happens to us every now and then.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Look at the bright side--they could make you wear one of these!

846760195_260.jpg

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    For sure. Just this morning I walked into a gas station to buy a cup of coffee and some guy said "good morning". I'm a cop so I elbowed him in his chin and dropped him. Stared down at him in my best "HOW DARE YOU" stare before walking over him and dragging my jack boots across his white button up shirt.

I'm a cop, that's how I roll. It's just unfortunate that someone is out there making these videos and warning people. I really enjoy this daily ritual.
    :laugh: that was a good one.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    These threads are so pathetic it's hilarious. I feel far more threatend by attorneys than I do LEO's, which everyone else should also! I'd say that your far more likely to be screwed by a dirt bag money loving attorney than a police officer!:dunno:

There is no law against representing yourself pro se. Just like there is no law against changing out your own transmission, but that does'nt mean you should if you don't know how, it also does'nt mean you have to take your car to the highest priced shop in town.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    PLUS, it helps to avoid another pitfall for the unlucky citizen randomly accosted by the po po..getting fleeced by some high priced defense attorney.

Most defense attorneys I know beg me to file more charges so they can make money!!! I see them all the time at the county court house. :):

They love us! That is until we are on the stand.... then we are rotten, no good for nothing, pieces of.... well you get the point! :D

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I think the majority of people already try their hardest to avoid attorneys, no need for a thread.

Too bad I married one.

These threads are so pathetic it's hilarious. I feel far more threatend by attorneys than I do LEO's, which everyone else should also! I'd say that your far more likely to be screwed by a dirt bag money loving attorney than a police officer!:dunno:

Vindication! :rockwoot:

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    Would you care to expand on this thought. Criminal Procedure seems to cover quite a bit of territory.

So far in my Criminal Procedure class, the cases we have reviewed have illustrated how much some LEOs and the government have moved to limit the rights granted by the fourth amendment, against unreasonable search and seizure.

In example; we recently covered Florida v. J.L. 529 U.S. 266 (2000). If it were not for this decision, police officers would have reasonable suspicion for stop-and-frisk encounters on the basis of unsubstantiated anonymous tips. In this case it was a 17 year old with a concealed weapon waiting at a bus stop. Luckily for us the Sup. Ct. held that this was a no go.

I am in no way suggesting that every prosecutor or other LEO in America goes out of their way to infringe on our rights. but the fact of the matter is that some do and if you dont know your rights, they're liable to be trodden upon.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that when you see the worst in LEOs (which is every case in a Criminal Procedure class) you tend to lose a little bit of trust in law enforcement as a whole.

Last edited:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Basically what I'm trying to say is that when you see the worst in LEOs (which is every case in a Criminal Procedure class) you tend to lose a little bit of trust in law enforcement as a whole.

I could make the same blanket statement based on interactions I've had with and arrests I've made of gun owners. But since I make a wholehearted effort to not stereotype gun owners or perpetrate an us-versus-them attitude, I won't.

gunrunner0

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Goshen
    I could make the same blanket statement based on interactions I've had with and arrests I've made of gun owners. But since I make a wholehearted effort to not stereotype gun owners or perpetrate an us-versus-them attitude, I won't.

Did you read the sentence directly above that which you quoted? I'm not trying to bash LEOs, just exlain my original statement as to why a Criminal Procedure class would further an "us-versus-them" attitude.

Top Bottom