• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    When I dont want people talking to me I just tell them I hardly speak any English (which is really not far from the truth).
    It works for every profession, not just LEOs.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I'm serious, Dude was like.....
    Sir.jpg

And I was all...

Elbow.jpg

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    So much for talking to people while working. Look, it's great to know how to conduct yourself in public but for crying out loud...LIGHTEN UP FRANCIS!!! Sometimes a conversation is just that...a conversation.

The black kid walking home from school in Brooklyn disagrees. In essence, this scenario/article doesn't apply to INGO...unless we happen upon a cowboy.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Yeah, but will they violate your rights like Frank and Phylo?
    :laugh:
    :): New ad campaign: "Get curb stomped now. Ask me how."

People try to avoid the police but sometimes the police come to them, when all they want is coffee.
    :joke: (Ya knew it was comin')

Nope, she wasn't at fault, but just think of the raping that society takes financially from these pathetic lawsuits and how corrupt ALL of these attorneys are!
    All? Disagree. If we've learned anything from History, it is that all men, all institutions are capable of being corrupted. However, it does not follow that they actually are.
    Sometimes people vent a little due to past occurrences, and they might well be distrustful of groups or occupations for those or other reasons. Nevertheless, attorneys and police officers both are extended the benefit of the doubt, and greater levels of trust until proven otherwise, especially if they've already distinguished themselves through exemplary service.
    (JMO)

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The black kid walking home from school in Brooklyn disagrees. In essence, this scenario/article doesn't apply to INGO...unless we happen upon a cowboy.

Probably a million friendly citizen encounters alone in Indy every year. Not a huge concern here either...not just this board. How many consensual encounters between the 1000 or so protesters at the Statehouse and the 10 of us LEO's there? TOO many to count. We didn't volunteer to work that event, we were picked because we were already working shift so there would be no overtime. They could have picked another 10 from our unit and the response would have been the same. Most of us working stiffs are only "bothering" those who we suspect are doing dirty. 98% of the rest of the community will have no negative interaction with us EVER.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    That's nice. I've been bulimic for years - just kept forgetting to throw up. Thanks for the reminder.

this shows how good a cop I am. this poor gentlemen has an eating disorder, which is hard to treat, and I helped him without even trying. I should get a medal.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Probably a million friendly citizen encounters alone in Indy every year. Not a huge concern here either...not just this board. How many consensual encounters between the 1000 or so protesters at the Statehouse and the 10 of us LEO's there? TOO many to count. We didn't volunteer to work that event, we were picked because we were already working shift so there would be no overtime. They could have picked another 10 from our unit and the response would have been the same. Most of us working stiffs are only "bothering" those who we suspect are doing dirty. 98% of the rest of the community will have no negative interaction with us EVER.

True enough so far as it applies to folks like you and the rest of those we know. The problem in my experience generally comes up when dealing with specialized subsets of law enforcement which exist for the purpose of proactively searching for billable offenses and also crooked little departments that consider themselves the proprietors of a feudal feifdom. My challenge is that it is difficult to tell the difference aside from the most obvious cases with officers who are new to me until after it is too late in the event I have a situation destined to go wrong.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Seriously, aside from it being a foregone conclusion that any LEO in motor carrier enforcement is there to collect revenue, it is extremely difficult to predict what to expect from a LEO we don't already know, and if we give the benefit of the doubt, it is too late when we find out that in the event we are mistaken in doing so. You gentlemen, on the other hand, have nothing to lose in the situation. It may be frustrating to deal with distrust on account of the uniform, but you have far less risk in the situation than we do--and when the encounter is over for you it is over. Not necessarily so for us.

If it makes you feel any better I have no desire to ever meet you in person so you don't have to worry about having a consensual encounter with me.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Unless I have to, I don't talk to people who have the power to destroy my life and whose word AUTOMATICALLY carries more weight than mine.

Rattlesnakes are more afraid of me than I am of them. I still go to great pains to walk waaay around them.

Top Bottom