• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Scary. Using emergency powers, the U.K. government now perform a forcible relocation of anyone they deem to be a terror 'suspect.' No judge, no jury, no appeal. Just go to the camps like a good little subject .

Forced relocations for terror suspects allowed under emergency powers
    The government is planning emergency powers to forcibly relocate terror suspects, months after pledging to scrap the existing measure.Launching the terrorism prevention and investigation measures (Tpim) bill in May, the Home Office said "relocation to another part of the country without consent will be scrapped". But it has now brought back the powers, reserving them for "exceptional circumstances".

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Terror suspects being relocated

Holocaust-WarsawGhetto.gif

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Hey, it's Great Britain, not the U.S.A. Since they've been coddling terrorists all along, it's not surprising there's now a backlash against them. The gov't wouldn't dare take those measures if it weren't afraid it was going to get thrown out if it didn't do something fast.

Not our system. Not our problem. Their government doesn't work like ours does, so their solutions won't be the same.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    and another pro-terrorism post from rambone!

To be fair, I don't think he's pro-terrorism; I think he's an anarchist who doesn't like the rules all the rest of us live under. In HIS universe, we can all live our own lives without all that pesky history of social and cultural relations that just drags us all down from his utopian ideals.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

Because after all, how can the UK defeat the terrorists if they aren't capable of keeping them from working where they please or even studying what they wish to.

I'll grant that the UK is not a nation like ours that guarantees many of the rights we consider to be obvious and inalienable. That said, I don't see why we should then just yawn and go back to our morning coffee when people's liberties are taken away just because they aren't in our nation.

also,

"Tpim notices, like the control orders they will replace, are intended to be used in such cases – where there is no realistic prospect of a prosecution, and there is no imminent prospect that further investigation will yield evidence that could be used to prosecute," the Home Office said."

Last edited:

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    To be fair, I don't think he's pro-terrorism; I think he's an anarchist who doesn't like the rules all the rest of us live under. In HIS universe, we can all live our own lives without all that pesky history of social and cultural relations that just drags us all down from his utopian ideals.

yeah...in his world we should all be allowed to crash planes into skyscrapers....gotta protect those freedoms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    yeah...in his world we should all be allowed to crash planes into skyscrapers....gotta protect those freedoms

I am confused. You wish to have a balance of trade (so to speak) that is more heavily balanced on the side of the illusion of security at the cost of personal freedom?

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    Hey, it's Great Britain, not the U.S.A. Since they've been coddling terrorists all along, it's not surprising there's now a backlash against them. The gov't wouldn't dare take those measures if it weren't afraid it was going to get thrown out if it didn't do something fast.

Not our system. Not our problem. Their government doesn't work like ours does, so their solutions won't be the same.

Exactly. Like closing the barn door after horses are gone.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Terror suspects being relocated

Holocaust-WarsawGhetto.gif

Rambone, I understand that you are obviously an individual that believes in anarchy. With that being said, I dont approve of the image.

My great-grandfather was able to escape Auschwitz and the death camps, his family was not so lucky. I think that it is sick and reprehensable that youd compare The Nazis rounding up Jews to the British rounding up people with ties to terrorism.

The comparison is void of any legitimacy.
    :puke:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Rambone, I understand that you are obviously an individual that believes in anarchy. With that being said, I dont approve of the image.

My great-grandfather was able to escape Auschwitz and the death camps, his family was not so lucky. I think that it is sick and reprehensable that youd compare The Nazis rounding up Jews to the British rounding up people with ties to terrorism.

It seems to be one of his favorite ploys. Anyone he disagrees with is a Nazi.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Their government doesn't work like ours does, so their solutions won't be the same.
    You seem to be implying that something was solved?

You got me. I love terrorists. Round me up and put me in a camp with the other "suspects."

To be fair, I don't think he's pro-terrorism; I think he's an anarchist who doesn't like the rules all the rest of us live under.
    An "anarchist" who seems terribly concerned when due process and property rights are obliterated. Quite a paradox.

gotta protect those freedoms
    Do you listen to yourself? We're talking about rounding up people just because the government puts them on some secret watch list. No trial, no judge, no jury, no appeal. Can you see any glaring issue here?

I must be a terrorist anarchist to raise an eyebrow. :koolaid:

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    You seem to be implying that something was solved?

You got me. I love terrorists. Round me up and put me in a camp with the other "suspects."

An "anarchist" who seems terribly concerned when due process and property rights are obliterated. Quite a paradox.

Do you listen to yourself? We're talking about rounding up people just because the government puts them on some secret watch list. No trial, no judge, no jury, no appeal. Can you see any glaring issue here?

I must be a terrorist anarchist to raise an eyebrow. :koolaid:

Youd have a legitimate point, if those people didnt have ties to terrorism. You see, Britain and France both have histories of taking in the scum of the earth (people whose home country didnt want to deal with their chaos). I cannot say I find fault in them removing hooligans and trouble makers.

Heres the thing, due process and the amendments of the U.S. Constitution/ B.O.R arent valid over the pond. You dont have the right from search and seizure nor do you have the right to avoid self incrimination. Enjoy the luxuries and freedoms you have here, or you can go over there and enjoy common law with the Brits.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rambone, I understand that you are obviously an individual that believes in anarchy.
    Well, you'd be wrong too.

How do you think the people ended up in camps to begin with? Because governments drummed up how these groups were a threat, sub-human, devoid of rights. You should be outraged as much as anyone.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Well, you'd be wrong too.

How do you think the people ended up in camps to begin with? Because governments drummed up how these groups were a threat, sub-human, devoid of rights. You should be outraged as much as anyone.

And who are the scapegoats to be this time? Not the Jews; not the Blacks; certainly not the Mexicans nor the Muslims; they've already been either vilified to absurdity or they've been declared "Off Limits." How will the government sell your program? They've struck on on "domestic terror" groups; can't do that because then they'd have to acknowledge Ft. Hood, Arkansas, New York City and who'd done those jobs (I'm being circumspect here). The last time they went after the "Militias" was pre-9/11; most people aren't buying the white Christian Separatist line anymore. And people are getting sticky about gun-control and taxes and human rights and . . .

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    And who are the scapegoats to be this time? Not the Jews; not the Blacks; certainly not the Mexicans nor the Muslims; they've already been either vilified to absurdity or they've been declared "Off Limits." How will the government sell your program? They've struck on on "domestic terror" groups; can't do that because then they'd have to acknowledge Ft. Hood, Arkansas, New York City and who'd done those jobs (I'm being circumspect here). The last time they went after the "Militias" was pre-9/11; most people aren't buying the white Christian Separatist line anymore. And people are getting sticky about gun-control and taxes and human rights and . . .

Anti-vaccination people :rockwoot:

Top Bottom