• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    Everyone keeps b______g about this stuff, yet, they keep putting the same school boards and lawmakers in office. Parents need to go to the next local school board meeting and chew them out regarding their zero tolerance crap. Until then, we're all stuck.

(OP, not directed at you - just what I thought about while reading the article, it's ridiculous)

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    This is even worse than the kid that got in trouble over the finger gun. Or the paper gun. Or the little toy gun that was with his action figure.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Suspended for his imagination? Isn't that the "Thought Police"? Just think how far out of hand this could really go. You might get in trouble just for what you're thinking...

Ramiel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    East side of Indy
    This is definitely teetering on thought crime. It scares me the direction we are headed as a country.
    I have been thinking it more and more in recent days because of these kind of stories.

So if a kid were to draw a bottle of alcohol, would that be underage thinking-about drinking?
    Draw a picture of a dead cat, impending animal curelty?

It is so obvious that this is being spun to create more "mentally unstable" people. If they make it look like an epidemic of young people "obsessed" with violent imagery they will get prescribed drugs to subdue their "aggression". The side of effects of such drugs include aggression, thoughts of suicide etc. So we've taken harmless children doodling and turned them into ticking time-bombs. This will also be used in a negative way in favor of gun control. We will hear about how our "gun culture" is influencing kids to be violent and how America needs to change our views on guns in order to keep our kids from becoming criminals. Again it will be this whole "If you actually cared about kids, you'll ____"

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Im telling you, its getting there.. It makes me sick.. Actually kinda sparks the flame in my inner revolutionary.. Im getting sick of this boys...

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    If we are going to be punished for what we are thinking about, the prisons are going to be full of a lot of men on sexual crimes. Heck, women too! :)

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Violence without motive is nothing. It takes morality to turn violence for good or lack of morality to turn violence for bad.

This sounds like just another lazy administration enforcing a no-tolerance policy.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    This is beyond right.
    These are the D-Bags responsible for education for our children.
    I can see my son getting suspended for a similar event.
    I had to see the teacher once and principal a couple of times over dumb stuff. Nothing this trivial and disturbing though.
    How do you see this kind of "Stupid" coming?
    LMAO! I know it's not funny but Dangit, WTF is wrong with these people?

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    If we are going to be punished for what we are thinking about, the prisons are going to be full of a lot of men on sexual crimes. Heck, women too! :)

Based on what I've seen at most school dances every single one of the participants should be suspended for "simulated" sex acts.

I guess that isn't a problem though. For some reason sex, booze, and pot are PC, but personal responsibility, true patriotism, and any form of Godly morality are plagues on the American society.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    My daughter talks about "Daddy's Guns" at times I think at school as one of the boys in her class Dad has guns too. I think I'm going to buy my daughter a little Cricket for her birthday this year...so not sure how that won't end up being talked about at school. If this were to happen in our school district and htere was an uproar at a school board meeting I would be there in support of the kid and his family.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Can you imagine this stupidity going on when we were young? We would have been in so much trouble!

In my neighborhood, all the kids had their choice toy weapon many of which were those .22 starter pistols you could buy at the department store for under $10.

We spent a lot of time playing the imaginary version of Battle Field III. In our imaginations, the school next door was a Nazi headquarters.

We spent many a Saturday afternoon 'parachuting' onto the grounds, 'liberating' the facility and then 'stealing' an aircraft and 'flying' to safety.

If kids were to play the way we did, the local SWAT teams would be busy folks!!!

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Based on what I've seen at most school dances every single one of the participants should be suspended for "simulated" sex acts.

I guess that isn't a problem though. For some reason sex, booze, and pot are PC, but personal responsibility, true patriotism, and any form of Godly morality are plagues on the American society.

So true.

"We live in an embarrassing, politically correct culture that exalts and rejoices in the bizarre; aggressively promotes an 'anything goes' value system; and vilifies, condemns and mocks traditional societal values and customs at every opportunity," -- Uncle Ted Nugent

Cowboy71

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 26, 2013
    Clark County, IN
    It's ridiculous how we're neutering kids, especially little boys because these moronic school administrators are now overreacting to a few incidents of school violence.

My nephew is in the 6th grade and he's learning to draw. He didn't get suspended but he recently got in trouble for drawing a tank. Not a tank blowing up classmates or teachers, just a tank. I suppose little boys have to draw Hello Kitty or they will be deemed psychos.

Top Bottom