• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Maybe I watched Perry Mason and other shows about the legal system too much when I was a kid, but this type of courtroom conversation keeps rattling in what is left of my mind. " and mister defendent, you are a bit of an expert on guns, in fact you actually manufacture your own ammo, You are not satisfied with regular factory ammo like the Police depatrtment finds to be good enough. You know how to select just the right bullet, and know how to pack exactly the right amount of powder, to make the ammo as deadly as possible, you just could not wait to see how it works on a human, you have been looking for an opportunity to see just how lethal you can be, AND YOU SEIZED THE CHANCE on my poor depressed client who thought he was coming to your house at 3:00 am for help because his medicine was fussing his vision. YOU HAVE BEEN WANTING TO KILL SOMEONE FOR A LONG TIME! HAVEN"T YOU!!!!! You carefully planned it like any cold blooded murder would do, didn't you!!! the prosecution rests your honor.

Yep, you watch too much TV. ;)

Ever been to a REAL trial, or watched one on TV? TNT might know drama, but they do not know actual courtroom procedure.

If a person is ever forced to fire their handgun in self-defense, their first two concerns must be proficiency and effectiveness, which basically go hand-in-hand. When your life, or the life of a loved one, is in danger, putting rounds on target is your first order of business, followed very closely by what the bullets you chose do when they land. In that moment, you are not going to be thinking, "gee, I hope the bad guy's family doesn't sue me cuz I used XTP's in my handloads." :rolleyes:

I contest the earlier assertion that most self-defense shootings result in some kind of court case. Please provide documented statistics to back this up, and not just a handful of sensationalized cases. I would submit that most SD incidents are investigated and closed without any kind of criminal or civil proceedings. The greatest worry any person is likely to have after killing a would-be assailant is living with that knowledge for the rest of their life.

Shoot what you carry...and carry what you shoot. This is my castle and I WILL defend it.

Top Bottom