• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    I ended up buying a Bobin Tail jake/gobbler decoy.

The “skin” on it is pretty realistic looking. The tail portion is hung on a eyelet and moves with the breeze.

I put another eyelet on the tail portion and ran a string to it so I could move it and make it go uo and down. It doesn’t go completely horizontal, but I will modify that to make it do that.

Looks pretty decent as is though

CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR A SHORT VIDEO..

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v474/Woowoo1/?action=view&current=ee26c49a.mp4

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    THAT LOOKS PRETTY GOOD THE WAY IT IS. Where did you get it? How does it compare in cost to some of the other gobbler dekes?

I had a $40 gift card for Gander Mountain so I bought it there. It was $69.95. That was about $20 more than a "Pretty Boy". The lycra "skin" is printed with very lifelike looking feathers.

I think that tail movement will be an eye catcher for a dominant tom.

I'm going to add a link to the tail hook so it will go at least horizontal. I'd prefer it to go almost to the ground, but I'm not sure I can make that happen.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    The DSD decoys are my favorite but of course they are very expensive. The Bobbin tail looks like it will work just fine. I think you got a good deal twice. Financially and decoy wise.

Top Bottom