• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I heard sirens at the beginning. Doesn't that tip off the residents? At 9:00 am I hear sirens and then door knocks, I may not have enogh time to answer the door but I surely could drop my weapon and get my hands up. Sure is easy to second guess by watching the video.

You can also hear someone yelling "Police, search warrant, open the door" before they make entry. The officers might not have knocked, but they sure made their presence known.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I think I found the answer.

The First Zombie-Proof House
    ZIXe5.jpg

Nope rambone you are forgetting that a few shells from this:
    img306new.jpg

will cause the defenses of that house to go bye-bye.

It might stop zombies for a while but the best defense is a good offense.

They are installing cameras inside their helmets now.

stormtrooper.jpg

Are these really the helments that SWAT is using?

Looks very much like these:
    Stormtrooper_Head.jpg

(ie. star wars stormtroppers)

---
    NWI INGO MEMBERS
    Get the latest news by joining the NWI INGO group here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/group.php?groupid=12

General NWI Status Update Thread (Subscribe to it):
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post.html

UPCOMING EVENTS
    NWI INGO MEET & SHOOT - SAT 28 MAY 2011
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...wi_ingo_meet_and_shoot_sat_28_may_2011_a.html

Appleseed June 25-26 @ Norther Porter County, IN
    http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=22474.0

Every Wed: Lunch, Cigars, and Guns @ Pine Island Pit Stop Cigar Lounge
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ne_island_pit_stop_cigar_lounge_part_2_a.html

NEED YOUR HELP
    List of ranges in NWI; Is your range here?:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/106004-nwi_ingo_general_post-3.html#post1252132

Pro-Gun & Anti-Gun Stores in NWI:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...un_and_anti-gun_stores_northwest_indiana.html

OTHER INFO
    A Guide to Protecting Your Rights: What to do when LEO stop you and your are carrying.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...what_to_do_when_leo_stops_you.html#post915009

Wallet IN LTCH Info with IC Codes
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../83645-wallet_in_ltch_info_with_ic_codes.html

FFLs in Indiana
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...n/81265-indiana_gun_shop_info_-_combined.html

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    there is a fire station about a mile down the street from me, and when the sirens go off you can hear them loud and clear. If that siren was at you door step there is no way your not going to hear it, no way.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Without x-ray vision, how much of that can you see from the inside?

Something doesn't seem quite right about that video, so my instinct is to call fake, but... who knows....

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    @ 7 seconds, split second before the sirens go of you can hear them yell "police, search warrant". I'm listening to it through my headphone and it's quite clear.

They were doing multiple houses, I believe that was bleed in from the house next door.

Don't forget, the guy was asleep after working the second shift. If he's in a quesionable neighborhood to start with, he's used to hearing sirens. He's also used to being prepared for anyone coming though the door.

My B-I-L (and the wife's parents and grandfather) live in Tucson. 2 years ago he had 3 guys bust down his door and window to come in and kill him and steal his prescription drugs. This is not some new thing for that area.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    They were doing multiple houses, I believe that was bleed in from the house next door.

Don't forget, the guy was asleep after working the second shift. If he's in a quesionable neighborhood to start with, he's used to hearing sirens. He's also used to being prepared for anyone coming though the door.

My B-I-L (and the wife's parents and grandfather) live in Tucson. 2 years ago he had 3 guys bust down his door and window to come in and kill him and steal his prescription drugs. This is not some new thing for that area.
    they are in his driveway. first you can't hear it, now you hear it and claim it's bleed over? :dunno:
    not all of Tucson is like that, that's like saying all of Indianapolis is like the east side

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

That neighboorhood is lot nicer than the one I live in. Just wondering what time did your BIL have his house broken into did they use sirens? He was awakened by his wife first, had time to get his gun and get his people to safety. If he was trully prepared for anyone coming though the door he would still be alive. At the very least he would have gotten a shot off.:twocents:

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    B-I-L fought his way out the front door. GF went out through a bedroom window. This was ~6pm, broad daylight and he comes from a NJ family that believed all guns were evil. He was used to hearing sirens and alarms at all hours of the day, so they were pretty immune to it.

He moved out that weekend, and had the house sold in two months.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    B-I-L fought his way out the front door. GF went out through a bedroom window. This was ~6pm, broad daylight and he comes from a NJ family that believed all guns were evil. He was used to hearing sirens and alarms at all hours of the day, so they were pretty immune to it.

He moved out that weekend, and had the house sold in two months.

Off topic but wouldn't your B-I-L's GF be your sister? or his wife?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I heard sirens at the beginning. Doesn't that tip off the residents? At 9:00 am I hear sirens and then door knocks, I may not have enogh time to answer the door but I surely could drop my weapon and get my hands up. Sure is easy to second guess by watching the video.

If I was awoken from a dead sleep, hearing sirens outside, I would think that the neighbors are in trouble or there is a fleeing felon in the area. I'm not going to be pondering if SWAT and the local judge have been conspiring behind my back to raid my home over suspicions that aren't true.

If I hear commotion, I grab my gun. I KNOW that I am legit, and anyone who invades my home is NOT a friendly. I don't give a **** what kind of battle cry I hear the invaders screaming when they breach my door -- they just declared war on my family.

Maybe if these yahoos would try knocking on the door like men, and talking to the family, this kind of fatal confusion wouldn't happen. JBT tactics are to blame.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    If I was awoken from a dead sleep, hearing sirens outside, I would think that the neighbors are in trouble or there is a fleeing felon in the area. I'm not going to be pondering if SWAT and the local judge have been conspiring behind my back to raid my home over suspicions that aren't true.

If I hear commotion, I grab my gun. I KNOW that I am legit, and anyone who invades my home is NOT a friendly. I don't give a **** what kind of battle cry I hear the invaders screaming when they breach my door -- they just declared war on my family.

Maybe if these yahoos would try knocking on the door like men, and talking to the family, this kind of fatal confusion wouldn't happen. JBT tactics are to blame.

Hey you posted the video, I can only make my assumptions on what I see and hear. I saw a knock, I heard sirens, I heard "police search warrant".

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers

yeah, that would work........knock knock, "it's the police! we'll just wait here at the front door until you answer."
    if you heard all that commotion outside of your house wouldn't your first inclination be to look out a window to see whats going on?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Hey you posted the video, I can only make my assumptions on what I see and hear. I saw a knock, I heard sirens, I heard "police search warrant".

So generous of them to wait for 2 seconds after knocking before breaching the door. I am a deep sleeper, and nobody yelling outside my home would register in my head while I am asleep. It would probably take them more than one knock for me to even hear them at my door.

The alternative would be to knock on the door -- and actually wait for the homeowner to answer -- and and then ask them to come outside while they do a legal search.

Top Bottom