46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I know that many people on the left applaud these companies for taking up causes they believe in, but everyone should be wary of the idea of corporations openly dictating what laws elected officials should pass or repeal. Ironically, they claim to be defending democracy while doing it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    “They didn’t even get approval from state legislatures, which is mandated under the U.S. Constitution.”

What in God’s green earth is he taking about? Because this one has me scratching my head.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I know that many people on the left applaud these companies for taking up causes they believe in, but everyone should be wary of the idea of corporations openly dictating what laws elected officials should pass or repeal. Ironically, they claim to be defending democracy while doing it.
    Honestly, it’s their right to do so isn’t it? I do understand your sentiment tho, and do think it’s problematic as long as our govt actively entice these businesses with tax dollars.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    “They didn’t even get approval from state legislatures, which is mandated under the U.S. Constitution.”

What in God’s green earth is he taking about? Because this one has me scratching my head.
    Most likely referring to some state and local bureaucrats modifying election procedures without legislative approval under the guise of the 'pandemic'.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Most likely referring to some state and local bureaucrats modifying election procedures without legislative approval under the guise of the 'pandemic'.
    Well if that’s what was meant, can we agree that statement is poorly written?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    This'll be a good test. Well see if folks have the wherewithal to actually follow through? Maybe Trump has the platform and sway to best get these boycotts accomplished?

I get poo pooed a lot for boycotting antigun and BLM terrorist sided companies, but am often amazed at the random folks I run into who bring it up without my prompt.

Couple years ago, conversation with a cop and a walleye fisherman by the water. Cop is bragging about his yeti cup keeping ice for days. Fisherman days he would NEVER support yeti, they are antigun. I didn't have to say a word.

Those companies are easy to boycott as I hardly do biz with them anyway. Only one to really put my efforts into is UPS. I'm happy to specify to my online ordering companies "no UPS delivery please."

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Honestly, it’s their right to do so isn’t it? I do understand your sentiment tho, and do think it’s problematic as long as our govt actively entice these businesses with tax dollars.
    I didn't say they don't have a right to do it, didn't imply it either.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have no problem boycotting those companies. However, UPS is going to be hard because businesses you order from send UPS sometimes if there isn't an option for you to choose shipping method.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    'Member when the left used to hate corporations?

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Trump remains the only one teaching the right how to fight by the left's rule book.

Eventually they'll take the hint.
    ... and criminalize possession of more gun accessories.

That seems counter-productive.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    ... and criminalize possession of more gun accessories.

That seems counter-productive.
    When did you become such a fan of bumpstocks?

iu

Top Bottom