• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump hasn't won the nomination yet. No one has.
    I thought the conversation was about chances of winning the general election. Pretty much looks like HKfan was originally talking about Trump having zero chance of winning the general election.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought the conversation was about chances of winning the general election. Pretty much looks like HKfan was originally talking about Trump having zero chance of winning the general election.
    You did mention the nomination.

miketx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2023
    Texas
    There were other experts. There were people trying to tell him not to shut the country down. There were people warning him of the fuse he was lighting when he blew the deficit out. There were people telling him the medical advice he was getting from his brain trust was bad.

Trump chose to take the path of least resistance. He had people like Atlas trying tap the brakes, being a voice of reason but in the end he chose not to follow anything but the experts and the politics. He chose the swamp and in doing so abdicated his presidency to Fauci.
    You were there right, or did the tv tell you all that?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Just in the interest of painting the entire picture these poll numbers are based on if the election were held today. According to poll respondents that could all be subject to change with a conviction and imprisonment.

More than half of swing-state voters would not vote for Donald Trump in the upcoming 2024 presidential race if he were convicted of a crime, according to a new Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll.

The poll of voters in seven battleground states showed that 53% of respondents would not vote for the former president if he is guilty of a crime. Additionally, if Trump, 77, were sentenced to prison, the number would increase to 55%.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Just in the interest of painting the entire picture these poll numbers are based on if the election were held today. According to poll respondents that could all change with a conviction and imprisonment.

More than half of swing-state voters would not vote for Donald Trump in the upcoming 2024 presidential race if he were convicted of a crime, according to a new Bloomberg News/Morning Consult poll.

The poll of voters in seven battleground states showed that 53% of respondents would not vote for the former president if he is guilty of a crime. Additionally, if Trump, 77, were sentenced to prison, the number would increase to 55%.
    The old news is it is unlikely any of the federal will even have a trial, much less, a conviction before election.

The DC case is on permanent hold for issues that will resolve it or go to SCOTUS. The Florida case will need months of discovery and prep time as there are a ton of documents at issue and the judge is not showing she cares about Smiths arbitrary deadlines. it is possible both of theses have issues that go to SCOTUS several times before a trial is even possible.

The GA case prosecution is imploding leaving the question of will the next prosecutor will even prosecute or will they continue with the rico charges. It took the corrupt prosecutor a year and a half to put together the charges. A new prosecutor will have to get up to speed on all the evidence and all the legal rulings, and of course all the filings. Several of the plaintiffs may try again to move this to federal court creating its own set of cases that likely will go to SCOTUS.

With all of that I just don’t see any trials this year…

Reactions: KG1

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The old news is it is unlikely any of the federal will even have a trial, much less, a conviction before election.

The DC case is on permanent hold for issues that will resolve it or go to SCOTUS. The Florida case will need months of discovery and prep time as there are a ton of documents at issue and the judge is not showing she cares about Smiths arbitrary deadlines. it is possible both of theses have issues that go to SCOTUS several times before a trial is even possible.

The GA case prosecution is imploding leaving the question of will the next prosecutor will even prosecute or will they continue with the rico charges. It took the corrupt prosecutor a year and a half to put together the charges. A new prosecutor will have to get up to speed on all the evidence and all the legal rulings, and of course all the filings. Several of the plaintiffs may try again to move this to federal court creating its own set of cases that likely will go to SCOTUS.

With all of that I just don’t see any trials this year…
    I was just merely pointing out that these types of polls this far out don't carry much weight because there are outliers. I believe you've said as much yourself. Everything could be subject to change with a conviction according to over half of the poll respondents.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There were other experts. There were people trying to tell him not to shut the country down. There were people warning him of the fuse he was lighting when he blew the deficit out. There were people telling him the medical advice he was getting from his brain trust was bad.

Trump chose to take the path of least resistance. He had people like Atlas trying tap the brakes, being a voice of reason but in the end he chose not to follow anything but the experts and the politics. He chose the swamp and in doing so abdicated his presidency to Fauci.

There was a point during the campaign it seemed like Biden and Trump were in a bidding war for who could get us furthest into debt to give the highest bribe stimulus. Between Trump and Biden, I'll take Trump, but I have no confidence that he'll pay any concern to spending.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I was just merely pointing out that these types of polls this far out don't carry much weight because there are outliers. I believe you've said as much yourself. Everything could be subject to change with a conviction according to over half of the poll respondents.
    NO, you, you arguer! You're trying to win! Just kidding! :):

What you're saying here is what I was saying about the betting odds. According to the gambling industry, Ramaswamy has a 0.7% chance even though he dropped out. Because **** can happen that changes the potential of what is possible.

If Trump won the nomination, and chose Ramaswamy as VP, Ramaswammy's chances would probably increase of becoming POTUS because Trump could die. Doesn't mean they'd increase a lot, but they'd increase.

The opportunities for **** to happen are more or less open until the potential for certain opportunities close. Like if Ramaswamy died suddenly, he'd have a zero chance of being sworn in as POTUS. If Trump is convicted his odds of becoming POTUS will definitely decline.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    NO, you, you arguer! You're trying to win! Just kidding! :):

What you're saying here is what I was saying about the betting odds. According to the gambling industry, Ramaswamy has a 0.7% chance even though he dropped out. Because **** can happen that changes the potentials of what can happen.

If Trump won the nomination, and chose Ramaswamy as VP, Ramaswammy's chances would probably increase of becoming POTUS because Trump could die. Doesn't mean they'd increase a lot, but they'd increase.

The opportunities for **** to happen are more or less open until the potential for certain opportunities close. Like if Ramaswamy died suddenly, he'd have a zero chance of being sworn in as POTUS. If Trump is convicted his odds of becoming POTUS will definitely decline.
    Ok you win. :)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There was a point during the campaign it seemed like Biden and Trump were in a bidding war for who could get us furthest into debt to give the highest bribe stimulus. Between Trump and Biden, I'll take Trump, but I have no confidence that he'll pay any concern to spending.
    Pepperidge farm remembers.

Top Bottom