• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • when would be the best time?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Ok I'm going to call my brother in law he live's in Williamsport and has what we call a gravel pit, this is where we go shooting when we are out there. It's about an hour and a half from indy and another hour to get to Chicago. I don't know if he would let us or not, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    Alright! My brother in law said yes!!!!!! So we now have a place we just need to set up a date I was thinking when the weather is a little warmer plus I'm going to need some time to stock pile some ammo, due to IJ and the shoot in April...so let me know Gary and ladies when would be best for you all. Thanks!

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    I assume to do it before school starts back up in Aug.? So maybe of July? I just cant do it the last weekend 30-31(my daughters b-day weekend). That would 2 months to stock the ammo up.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I've got birthdays for the boys I don't love and need to seek counseling about near the end of April and last weekend in May (or perhaps the weekend before that, haven't checked for sure), but weather still has a chance of being cool then anyway.

Other than that, I don't have anything planned at this point that is set in stone. At least nothing that can't be re-arranged if need be.

Just need to decide which gun so I can start accumulating ammo.

Are we carpooling? Cuz I've got the Suburban that can seat 3 other comfortably (more if I put the third seat back in, but it's my redneck couch in the garage right now) and still have plenty of room for all our stuff. Just putting it out there.

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    My wife and I would be coming from Fort Wayne and would enjoy someone else's company. I, of course, would only take pictures (if allowed to) and would stay out of the way. If this is a go, those of you from North Eastern Indiana could contact us at this site for travel arrangements.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I have a couple of questions...Is this a one day training or a two day? If one day are we looking at a Saturday? When IJ's-wife said when it gets warmer do you mean late spring or summer when it can really be hot:)?

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    well, I was will see if I can pin point a date here today. I believe this might just be a one day session, will talk to HandK a little more about that as well. Also I will get us a list of things we will need to take with us. such as how much ammo, and if targets are going to be needed. We had target set up at my bro n laws but last time we were out there I think we killed them all. I will post more later and maybe even put a poll in to help with a date...

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I was thinking June that is over 2 months away and it won't be to hot, and It will be a one day training event, Husbands are more than welcome, I have targets & Stands for them so no one will need to worry about bringing anything to shoot at!

Last edited:

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    My wife is interested in the training. We're from South Bend and have family near Lafayette so we would be fine with the location. I will probably attend as well but can either assist/help set-up or just sit on the sidelines and read or something. Will be watching for more information. Thanks HandK for considering this.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    sorry I haven't gotten anything done, been busy helping out at TSG and the little ones when I get home take up a lot of time. If I don't get to it today I will on Friday! Sorry for the delay folks....

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I don't want to sound like a *****, but I was under the impression this was a ladies-only event. Not that we don't like our menfolk, but I think some of us would be more comfortable without them.

But if the menfolk want to help, we could always use a few to rustle up grub and feed us when we're done. :D

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2010
    I don't want to sound like a *****, but I was under the impression this was a ladies-only event. Not that we don't like our menfolk, but I think some of us would be more comfortable without them.

But if the menfolk want to help, we could always use a few to rustle up grub and feed us when we're done. :D

If there are those ladies who need someone to drive them cause they don't like to drive (like me) 88GT has offered a ride to those who need it. Also, if your husband must come we will have to have a designated area for them. The pit is quite large so maybe they can jawjack or whatever while we are doing our training....

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I have learned not to interfere with anything my wife is doing unless she asks. (We've been married for over 40 years.) If my presence will bother some people, I will gladly either stay home or become a mall rat for the day. I just want to take some pictures.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I have learned not to interfere with anything my wife is doing unless she asks. (We've been married for over 40 years.) If my presence will bother some people, I will gladly either stay home or become a mall rat for the day. I just want to take some pictures.
    My brother has a shop, I'm sure we could tinker in! Don't take what 88GT was saying personal. Come on down, let the women folk do their thing and us fellers can do ours......work in the shop, grill out!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    My brother has a shop, I'm sure we could tinker in! Don't take what 88GT was saying personal. Come on down, let the women folk do their thing and us fellers can do ours......work in the shop, grill out!

This. I just wanted to clarify the role/activity of any guys that might be present because I know during our dinner discussions that part of the appeal of this training to many of the gals was that it would be sans men. Not that they couldn't be there at all, but that the training itself would be the women alone, with minimal interaction with the men. At least that's the way I understood our conversations. If I'm off-base, please correct me because I don't want to ruffle feathers.

Top Bottom