Trail Camera Favorites...Post your favorite pictures captured on your cameras!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't been seeing many bucks on the cameras but now I can't remember if my little four pointer was in velvet the last time he was on there. I can't even remember when he was on the card so going back and looking for it might be a challenge. It does seem a bit early.

Some of my babies are losing their spots and others are still very small. I have one doe that delivered early that has shed out and is very dark brown in color now. I have another doe with twins that is very thin with every rib showing. Those babies are obviously still nursing fairly heavily, but I think they were some of the later fawns.

It's fun to see the changes as they grow.

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I haven't been seeing many bucks on the cameras but now I can't remember if my little four pointer was in velvet the last time he was on there. I can't even remember when he was on the card so going back and looking for it might be a challenge. It does seem a bit early.

Some of my babies are losing their spots and others are still very small. I have one doe that delivered early that has shed out and is very dark brown in color now. I have another doe with twins that is very thin with every rib showing. Those babies are obviously still nursing fairly heavily, but I think they were some of the later fawns.

It's fun to see the changes as they grow.

I have three bucks hanging out together and have been posting lots of videos...

One is a non typical 7 pointer...6 on one side and one tall tine on the other...kind of goofy looking but still cool.

In the same gang is a 6 pointer that is a good 10" taller on the back than any of the others. He is cool...very tall...tall rack but has a HUGE growth right between his front legs/lower neck. This growth is the size of a pineapple... really makes me wonder if it might be a broadhead under the skin?

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have three bucks hanging out together and have been posting lots of videos...

One is a non typical 7 pointer...6 on one side and one tall tine on the other...kind of goofy looking but still cool.

In the same gang is a 6 pointer that is a good 10" taller on the back than any of the others. He is cool...very tall...tall rack but has a HUGE growth right between his front legs/lower neck. This growth is the size of a pineapple... really makes me wonder if it might be a broadhead under the skin?

I had a pair of bucks on the camera one day. Nicer bucks...8 to 10 pointers. I'm sure they are the two I have been watching for the past four to five years that have nearly matching antlers...possibly brothers. They used to be on the cameras all the time. It has been a few weeks since they passed through and were in the pictures and haven't been seen since. The four pointer was here on the 23rd....found the picture. He appears to still be in velvet.

I had a doe that had a growth like you are describing, and I figured the same thing. Abscess either from being shot or due to being hit by a car. We butchered a buck one year and discovered one of the rump roasts was totally destroyed by infection due to a broadhead that was buried in the rump almost to his spine. There was a huge channel filled with pus but the entry wound was completely healed over.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Just pulled my card and already have a 4 pointer completely out of velvet! Seems early to me?

Yeah, that does sound early. You're quite a bit further north of me but all ours are still in velvet. Losing their summer coats in hurry but haven't starting rubbing yet. I'm watching a couple of smallish bucks as I'm typing this, so that's about as current as it gets.

Need to check my cards but I don't feel like getting drowned this morning. :):

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Yeah, that does sound early. You're quite a bit further north of me but all ours are still in velvet. Losing their summer coats in hurry but haven't starting rubbing yet. I'm watching a couple of smallish bucks as I'm typing this, so that's about as current as it gets.

Need to check my cards but I don't feel like getting drowned this morning. :):

O.k. I need to take this back. Had a smallish 8 pt in the back yard this afternoon that didn't have a bit of velvet left on his antlers. He was also completely grey. Also have had a spike and a doe running together all summer, seen the doe a couple of times the last couple of days but no spike.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    O.k. I need to take this back. Had a smallish 8 pt in the back yard this afternoon that didn't have a bit of velvet left on his antlers. He was also completely grey. Also have had a spike and a doe running together all summer, seen the doe a couple of times the last couple of days but no spike.
    I saw a spike buck with no velvet ~3 weeks ago but haven't seen him since then.

All the signs I've been seeing point to an early winter. But this has been an odd year. Last time we had a mild winter (2011-2012) we had a hot summer that followed. This past winter was mild, followed by a cooler summer (unusually cool). They are calling for lows in the 40's here this week, this is the first week of September, lows should be in the 60's. I think mother nature knows something we don't; it's going to be an early & cold winter is my uneducated guess. My chestnuts are in the peak of dropping. This is a nut that is reserved for the holidays and only has a few weeks shelf-life; they aren't going to make it to the holidays. I also haven't found a single chestnut weevil in them; I think they matured too quickly and the timing was off for the weevils to get them.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Acorns have been falling for a while here and the sassafras trees and burning bushes are starting to turn colors. It is possible that some of that is related to the lack of rain we've had the past month or so though.

I'm not seeing many bucks here at all this year, which is very odd. Last year, I had at least eight different bucks on my cameras very regularly. I saw two nice bucks about a month ago ONE time on the camera and then a four pointer a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen any of them return. I have several does with fawns that are here multiple times a day to snack on the corn and visit the water tank. We have no ditches or ponds on our property so I keep the livestock tank filled for them and a bucket that the turkeys can reach.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    21366910_10108877630564118_5860288227721419153_o.jpg

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Ok...it is official...all of my bucks are now out of velvet. I would post pics but due to the size of the racks on the deer I currently have it would be embarrassing!!!!

Once we move onto the property and are living there full time it will be time to start working on that. I know a lot of it is genetics but a small part of it is nutrition also. Not sure how to fix it but will give me something to look into.

Need a HUGE buck that I can put a dog collar on so no one else shoots him to help out with the gene pool...:dunno:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The share links on Vimeo are not working correctly so I hope this shows. This is the only buck I have seen at all in the past month. This video was from this morning...no velvet. I don't know where all of my bucks have gone, but I'm sure this was my spike buck that I watched last year so I'm glad to see him back at least.

[video=vimeo;233029785]https://vimeo.com/233029785[/video]

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I pulled card yesterday, first year really using the game camera…got several bucks all out of velvet, nice 9 pt….but week before a bigger one in full velvet on internal memory and wife accidentally deleted it….lol. I tried posting from my computer to here but won't take, file too big….and my photo bucket that I use to use wants like 33.00 a month to use and deleted all my old photos on other forums….not sure what else I can do…sure ain't paying $ to post pictures.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I stumbled across an old trail cam photo from 2014 last week and realized that it was the buck I killed last year. I remember laughing when I saw the pic and I posted it on FB at the time.

I0O9uxFh.jpg

This one was taken before season last year

JrYYOyKh.jpg

0Dh2P1Vh.jpg

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I pulled card yesterday, first year really using the game camera…got several bucks all out of velvet, nice 9 pt….but week before a bigger one in full velvet on internal memory and wife accidentally deleted it….lol. I tried posting from my computer to here but won't take, file too big….and my photo bucket that I use to use wants like 33.00 a month to use and deleted all my old photos on other forums….not sure what else I can do…sure ain't paying $ to post pictures.

I've been using Imgur. Photobucket and Tinypic are owned by the same people so I decided against Tinypic.

I stumbled across an old trail cam photo from 2014 last week and realized that it was the buck I killed last year. I remember laughing when I saw the pic and I posted it on FB at the time.

I0O9uxFh.jpg

This one was taken before season last year

JrYYOyKh.jpg

0Dh2P1Vh.jpg

Nice pictures and he is pretty impressive!

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    Here's a video of my 2016 bobcat trail cam vids. Due to my cancer in the first half of the year (not checking cams as often and batteries dying) and some trail cams not cooperating my footage for this year hasn't been the best. I am starting to see an increase though. I'm still 1 cam down compared to my usual.
    [video=youtube;sOZ9QMJ0ye8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOZ9QMJ0ye8[/video]

I seen the "3 legged" deer pic earlier and it reminded me of the one I've seen on cam the last 2 years. Don't know if he survived last season or not. Haven't seen him since.
    SNzGN2a.jpg

saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    Just want to say thanks to all that are keeping this thread going. My 6yo daughter loves it. It has gotten her interested in going out and sitting with me this year while I hunt.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Just want to say thanks to all that are keeping this thread going. My 6yo daughter loves it. It has gotten her interested in going out and sitting with me this year while I hunt.

That's awesome! I brought my cards in this morning but haven't really looked at the pictures yet. I'll have to post if I find something good on them.

Top Bottom