• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Mine would be more than happy to define "rude". Then rap you across the mouth if you crossed the line. :):

Been there...done that. Perhaps she should be a mod. :D
    Me thinks you're letting this get to you little bit to much. Kinda haveing a hard time distinguishing a joke from the real deal. Ofcourse I know the definition of rude and yes I even had a Mother.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Me thinks you're letting this get to you little bit to much. Kinda haveing a hard time distinguishing a joke from the real deal. Ofcourse I know the definition of rude and yes I even had a Mother.
    Sorry...I've been conditioned to see sarcasm only in purple. :D

After seeing so many people who can't seem to grasp the concept...you threw me. Again...sorry.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sorry...I've been conditioned to see sarcasm only in purple. :D

After seeing so many people who can't seem to grasp the concept...you threw me. Again...sorry.
    Well, I did'nt mean to sneak up on ya like that and catch you when you were'nt lookin' :)

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Discussion is never a waste of time, unless one or both sides refuses to give even the slightest credence to the other side. Yes, we have three sides in this matter: 1) police officers who are members of INGO; 2) INGO members who are frustrated with the actions of certain officers in the media; and 3) those in the middle. I agree there are some strong beliefs concerning LEOs, although I doubt if anyone can say an officer who is a member of INGO has ever demonstrated the mentality described in this thread. However, I understand every friend is not a brother and every brother is not a friend, so I offer this potential solution.

My suggestion for a solution: Start a forum for all LEO related matters. Make one a -1; another +1, and the third simply neutral. All other LEO threads outside of this area will be moved or closed at the discretion of the admin/mods.

Reason for my recommendation: This will allow every member to be able to avoid the threads he believes are insulting. If anyone decides to reply within the thread, he/she is doing so with the understanding that, although many may not like some conversations about LEO's, we don't want to totally stifle the thoughts of other members, either.

I would also note that, because this is offered as a possible solution, if there is a +1 thread and a member decides to enter and post with the intention of thread-jacking with negative comments, that member should be asked to leave if the behavior continues.

I humbly submit this recommendation for consideration.

+1

The only change I would consider making is doing a warning with it. No 3 strikes and you're out, but also not a zero-tolerance type deal. Some people post something that isn't meant to threadjack and they should be warned the first time or if you want to do three strikes, the first two times.

Also, I would like to do a meet with the LEOs of the forum. Maybe a breakfast and then go shoot or something?

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I just find it easy to stop reading the thread when it turns to cop bashing. I don't find it interesting.:blahblah:

YMMV

Seems to me that that is the logical and mature response, but what do I know? :yesway:

Your opinions might be different if you were an admin that doesn't want his site looking like a cop-bashing free-for-all.:twocents:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have seen those who might be considered "cop bashers" do this, but I have also seen LEO's make similar snide posts to throw it in said "cop bashers" faces... I think if there truly is a problem here (which I don't think there is, especially not worthy of all this hub bub) then there is plenty of characters on all sides that can be accused of insitigating.
    I'm with some of the other members on the issue. While I understand this is a private site, and it's rules are to the discretion of the owner, I think any discussion should be allowed. Alot of members need to learn to ignore, or grow thicker skin. I have been pissed off by statements made to me on this board, but I never let it get to me to be "butt hurt", and it has never made me think I would be better served not spending time on this board. In fact, the opposite is true, when the rules increasingly become more restrictive around here, I find myself going elsewhere.:twocents:

Just about what I said!

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    YES, I have never seen a fellow officer break the law or some other egregious violation. Nothing that would have gotten the officer suspended or in legal trouble. Why is it hard to believe? I work for IMPD, 1600 man dept. Those who break the law tend to do it on their own and away from their fellow officers. I have no reason to lie about this so you can believe what I am telling you.

Denny, I'm in no way suggesting that you are anything but honest! It just that with all that we see on an ongoing basis, and considering that we only hear about the worst cases, it seems that there would also be some things we don't see and only other officers would know about. Don't get me wrong, I am not a cop " basher". On the contrary, I have a lot of respect for you guys! Hope I didn't come across any differently!

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    well I have, but they arent the majority. and ones gone now.

I must have missed it. I don't think anyone is complaining about spirited debates or calling an idiot cop and idiot cop. If an umpire makes a bad call, he makes a bad call. Is he an idiot? Prolly not but, he made the bad call and he has the name calling coming. But, you don't stop hiring umpires because too many of them are making bad calls or start threads about how you can't trust umpires, ect.

I know that it's a lot more serious with cops and that they make life and death decisions that hold a lot more at stake than the outcome of a baseball game but, I'm sure you can see past that and get the just of my post.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I must have missed it. I don't think anyone is complaining about spirited debates or calling an idiot cop and idiot cop. If an umpire makes a bad call, he makes a bad call. Is he an idiot? Prolly not but, he made the bad call and he has the name calling coming. But, you don't stop hiring umpires because too many of them are making bad calls or start threads about how you can't trust umpires, ect.

I know that it's a lot more serious with cops and that they make life and death decisions that hold a lot more at stake than the outcome of a baseball game but, I'm sure you can see past that and get the just of my post.
    i think for the majority we have good LEO's here. I have butted heads with some. retirees dont count. but even bumping heads doesnt mean i dont have respect for the good job they do daily. Indianapolis and surrounding areas of indiana have had their fair share of bad cops and bad policies and I do feal bad for the good cops who get blamed just the same for it. But as ANY public servant you take heat for the whole group. it might not be fair but its life. i dont make the rules. I am one that doesnt just complain here about it. I regularly write and call my elected officials even if it is most times like banging your head into a concrete wall. so if something upsets me because I feel its wrong I try to make a change for the better through LEGAL action means. thats why I often ask people if they have called or written their elected officials in heated threads. to me, inaction is just as bad as committing the act because its basically acceptance. The cops here that would come to a meet and greet arent the cops we have problems with or criticize here. I dont see how calling out bad actions is called bashing. guys like uncle mike circle the wagons and turn more people off to leos than he turns on and he isnt even an leo anymore. sometimes when a cow gets put out to pasture it should just stay there and eat the free grass.

Top Bottom