• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    1911 first. Not a 9mm either. A 9mm 1911 (yes they shoot but) is like buying a new mustang GT or full dress Camaro and opting for a V-6.....just wrong all the way around.

Springfield has some very good offerings in your budget and they are great guns. I know because we have several.
    Nothing wrong with a Colt just pretty spendy.

This is pretty much what I was gonna say down to the T. In my somewhat purist mind, 1911's chambered in 9mm are like blasphemy, but that's just my 2 cents. One of my good friends bought 2 Berettas a few months back, one for him, and one for his wife. After having it for awhile he told me he is not real happy with his choice. I kind of got the impression that his biggest gripe with them was the fixed sights though. He didn't realize it when he bought them I guess, and then figured it out when he wanted to add night sights to them.

That said, I shot a mag or 2 out of it, and it was a great shooter. I would still buy one in the future, but I have a few other pistols ahead of the Beretta on my to buy list. A Springfield Operator MC 1911 happens to be one of them which is higher on my list.

jfed85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    I went through what seemed like hell to find an Italian made Beretta 92. Had to order it after a search. Finally got it, took it to the range, hated it, sold it. They aren't my thing I guess. I've never shot a 1911 so I guess based on my Beretta experience I'd say 1911.

Glock 19! :p

trophyhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 2, 2008
    South Bend
    I went through what seemed like hell to find an Italian made Beretta 92. Had to order it after a search. Finally got it, took it to the range, hated it, sold it. They aren't my thing I guess. I've never shot a 1911 so I guess based on my Beretta experience I'd say 1911.

Glock 19! :p

Those Italian ladies are hard to come by, took me a year to find one.

MDave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    You won't go wrong either way if you buy a quality piece. Get something you know you can get back out of. The 9 mm chambered 1911s and the off brand 1911s are not really what you are looking for if you are looking for combat pistols. I like you am going to get a 1911 but I am waiting for "that gun" I am pretty sure I will know it from the bright rays of heavenly radiance basking its tactical grips while somewhere in the background operatic sopranos sing something that sounds like it came from Excalibur... ahem well

Anyways. I am going to wait and buy a special 1911 but I carry 9mm. So I bought my 9 first...

Top Bottom