Took my daughter out for her first time!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Cora1_zps0df17d13.jpg

Cora2_zps8ed0d327.jpg

Cora3_zps3d38091e.jpg

Cora4_zps575d740f.jpg

My lil girl is a few months shy of 4. She has been wanting to go shooting for a long time. Especially after Daddy & Papaw went together a few weeks ago when they visited... She thought we were going deer hunting and after the Easter Bunny as well! After some clarification and safety discussion we got ready for our first shot, and she hit! Granted it was the pop can that was sitting on a log, three feet to the right of the target, but we didn't care! After she had enough shooting she wanted to stay and watch Mom, Dad, and Daddy's friends shoot clay pigeons. The shotgun going off didn't bother her at all! At dinner we told her she could be in The Olympics, and she was all for it. When Nana laid her down for bed, she asked "what are the Olympics?!" We think I've got a little shooter on our hands! :ar15:

hunternjh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I'm jealous! Mine is only 3 and i dream of us shooting together one day but my wife says it'll never happen. We'll see how she likes it when she talks about my son doing dance!!!

j4jenk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 27, 2012
    Madison County
    Fantastic memories!!!

I remember when mine were that age. My youngest is 13 now, and handled her marlin 795 like a champ yesterday. It seems like it was just a few months ago that she was half that age and needed help to hold a little .22 pistol.

Enjoy it while you can. It goes fast.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    You both have a great big smile. She is sure a cutie! You will probably have to take her out many times this summer, now that she has had this much fun.

kkoger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    She will remember that day for sure! I remember my first pop can on a log shoot! That's the best way too do it and it is so good to see this in such times! Keep it up!

Top Bottom