• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    Cute, but property rights trump your 2A rights...deal with it.
    FACT:You can carry anywhere you want, but when the property owner asks you to take your gun and leave, you must...your 2A rights have just been trumped. Feel free to contact the property owner(WM) in order to be allowed back on their property with your firearm.

You should have chosen D: None of the above. Thanks for playing. :):

except that a business owners rights triumph 2A rights. the only way to get this to change is to have people stop patronizing the business.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    Indy, when you walk in somewhere with your pistol in hand, you would give the appearance of getting ready to do harm to someone, even if you don't point the gun at anyone.

If I saw you doing that, on-duty or off, and you don't drop it immediately upon being ordered, well, it won't be pretty.

You sir, have some of the goofiest arguments I've ever read on an internet forum; All I am saying is that OCers can't sit back and wish their neighbor didn't OC a handgun, an AK, a shotgun, etc. when potential buyers of their home show up. WTF?

Last edited:

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    My post was made to stir conversation, not go draw anyone into a "fight." If people want to OC, go for it. I personally feel it is socially silly, but to each their own. OCers are rabid in their defense of one another, and their actions. All I am saying is that OCers can't sit back and wish their neighbor didn't OC a handgun, an AK, a shotgun, etc. when potential buyers of their home show up. OCers shouldn't complain if someone wants to OC by carrying their gun in their hand. OCers can't use various arguments such as:
    -It is a tactical advantage.
    -It is legal.
    -People question me so it allows me to educate them.

All these same arguments could be used by me if I un-holstered my pistol and carried it in my hand into my local Walmart. As long as I don't point it at anyone, what is the difference between this and OCing a gun in a holster? The fact is, nothing. Both are legal. Carrying in your hand, at the ready has a slight tactical advantage. If someone questions me, I can educate them.

Sure, carrying a pistol in your hand gives you a tactical advantage if you're only planning on shooting people. OCers don't ONLY plan for a gunfight. We can still function. You could only do about half of what you normally do if your other hand is taken up by your handgun every time you carry. But Indy, if you want go out to dinner and eat one-handed and then carry your leftovers out to your car while trying to get into your pocket to get your keys and unlock your car, all one-handed, then more power to you. I suggest some good body armor that would stop 9mm, because I think you'll be a magnet for trigger-happy police officers.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Indy, when you walk in somewhere with your pistol in hand, you would give the appearance of getting ready to do harm to someone, even if you don't point the gun at anyone.

This could be said for anyone who brings a gun anywhere. Criminals have CCed their guns into businesses before pulling them and robbing the place, so does that mean someone who CCs anywhere is a threat? What makes a person doing "nothing wrong" (phrase used by many OCers) an automatic threat just because they have a gun in their hand? Technically, a person is not a threat until they actually do something that causes harm to another. That being said, your point about carrying in the hand also covers both OCing and CCing. The mere presence of a gun to some folks makes it appear to them the person with the gun is going to do harm, or is about ready to do harm. Yet we have numerous people on this board who constantly bash folks that flip out when they see a gun, either CCed or OCed. The issue here is social acceptability and OCers who get all bent out of shape because someone else got bent out of shape.

You sir, have some of the goofiest arguments I've ever read on an internet forum; All I am saying is that OCers can't sit back and wish their neighbor didn't OC a handgun, an AK, a shotgun, etc. when potential buyers of their home show up. WTF?

This was an argument I took from another thread. Some folks were defending the guy who OCed a "pistol" (ie: Short barrel, no stock if I recall) AK in that park down in Tennessee. I proposed to those if they would be happy if I did that while going for a jog? I asked if they would call the cops (since they were complaining about certain aspects of the police response) if I stood outside their home with an AK-47 pointed down. I asked if they would care if their neighbor(s) OCed pistols, shotguns, or rifles if they had their home up for sale and prospective buyers were outside. Of course some said that would be different. I just wanted to know how so? If it should be no big deal OCing in Walmart, then why do some pro-OCers think it is a big deal for me to OC when I go for a walk/run using a thigh holster when their prospective buyers are standing in the driveway. Some OCers (a very few) have no problem if their OCing causes others issues, yet they said they would rather their neighbor(s) didn't OC until after prospective buyers left as it might cause a sale to fall through.

The only thing I care about is that people are treated equally. If OCers think that someone OCing should never be questioned because they are doing nothing wrong, then they shouldn't have a problem agreeing that someone walking around with an AK-47 strapped across their waist shouldn't be questioned.

My oversight. Post corrected.

While true about no brandishing law, a person who walks around with a pistol in their hand is asking, perhaps even begging, for all kinds of trouble.

Well, we have had OCers who post here state they were looking for reactions. Even with this, some other OCers state that LE and others should just shut-up and mind their own business, because OCing isn't illegal. Well, if that is the baseline we are using for when cops should or shouldn't be called, I just want OCers to make sure they never call a cop for someone walking around with an AK, or ask a neighbor to refrain from OCing when prospective home buyers are out looking at their home.

Sure, carrying a pistol in your hand gives you a tactical advantage if you're only planning on shooting people. OCers don't ONLY plan for a gunfight. We can still function. You could only do about half of what you normally do if your other hand is taken up by your handgun every time you carry. But Indy, if you want go out to dinner and eat one-handed and then carry your leftovers out to your car while trying to get into your pocket to get your keys and unlock your car, all one-handed, then more power to you. I suggest some good body armor that would stop 9mm, because I think you'll be a magnet for trigger-happy police officers.

Just because someone has a gun in their hand doesn't mean they _want_ to shoot someone. Also, who said such a person who decided to carry in such a way couldn't also have a holster, to put their gun in when they needed both hands? I could say the same thing about OCers: OCing a pistol gives you a tactical advantage if you're only planning on shooting people. Silly arguments are just that, silly arguments.

And, it could be that Indy has lots of practice doing stuff one-handed. Just sayin'...

I hope you don't represent the majority of gun owners here with your erotic fantasies of other posters. Is this what INGO has come to? And before you try some bs about "You are the one saying my comment was erotic..blah blah blah" anyone with a brain and common sense knows you were talking about beating off. Juvenile. Sick. Something I expect out of Carmel Basketball Players, not an INGO poster.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In the OP he said he was followed by 2 females who then disappeared, 10 minutes later he said he was approached by a female officer. And that there were 2 officers present. Still not sure where you get 3-4 unarmed women. And like I said most LEO are armed when on duty and for the other 2 women how do you know they were unarmed? Maybe they were armed to the teeth and noticed that he was carrying and were just following him around to make sure he wasn't planning on shooting up the place?:dunno:
    :D

Or maybe they were planning to shoot up the place and were planning to shoot him first but when he was asked to leave they decided it was a "gun free zone" and so they had to leave too.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Thus why I shop at Target and not walmart.

I've never had a single incident in a Target, ANYWHERE. In Portage I had some young clerk back in sporting goods tell me "I had to cover that". I asked him why and after hem hawing around he said he didn't know and just thought "it was a good idea".

I've heard of others (including friends) being hassled in walmarts all over (although I never had beyond that). You never hear of Target screwing with people for several reasons, aside from the fact they don't employ and cater to the lower end of the IQ scale, they have the appropriate corporate policies in place and also do a great job of educating their managers and LP personnel.

Walmart is the old Kmart....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBoyo5XydN8]YouTube - Kmart Sucks[/ame]

FWIW I hit the Kmart in portage just to skip the BS across the street (no Target close by) and never have any issues either.

f' walmart.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    except that a business owners rights triumph 2A rights. the only way to get this to change is to have people stop patronizing the business.

Would you then, also say:
    except that a business owners rights triumph 1A rights
    Example: I am walking through WalMart, talking about how I dislike Pres. Obama's policies, and the store manager, who is a dem, tells me not to talk that way in his store? Business owners rights over my rights, correct?

or perhaps:
    except that a business owners rights triumph civil rights

The store manager tells me only whites are allowed in his Walmart. Business owners rights over my rights, correct?

hmmm?

:dunno:

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Perhaps it lost some relevancy in the journey to this one.

Why doesn't some OCer answer the question: If you were selling your home, would it bother you if neighbor(s) were OCing pistols, shotguns, rifles while prospective buyers were outside and could see this person(s) OCing? It seems no OCer on this thread wants to answer.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I'll answer and keep my reply short.

No.

I would be telling the potential buyers, "That guy? Yep, he's our neighborhood watch. We haven't had a burglary, sexual assault, car jacking or murder in this neighborhood since I have lived here." And it's true.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Why doesn't some OCer answer the question: If you were selling your home, would it bother you if neighbor(s) were OCing pistols, shotguns, rifles while prospective buyers were outside and could see this person(s) OCing? It seems no OCer on this thread wants to answer.
    I just saw this thread and I'll respond as well. My neighbor recently sold his home. I had a nice conversation with the woman who bought it while OC'ing, during her visit to view the home. Apparently it didn't deter her. And in answer to your general question, giving a group of people a name (OC'ers) simply because they share one trait in common no more means they march in lockstep than calling a cat a dog makes him bark.

Top Bottom