• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    You ought to tell the people talking in your head to quiet down. It may give you a chance to read up on some of the things I've said...none of which included anything about understanding a sign.

Classy though, you can't reinforce the nonsense babble about me "holstering a gun on while not at your property or stay off and" so you take a pitiful little personal shot. :noway:

"If I tell you not to bring it on my property, you would be wise to keep it on you and holstered and off my property."

Are you even reading the same thread I am or are you answering questions ask by those voices in your head YOU are talking about? Do you realise the rest of us are not hearing them?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    How do you get that they were unarmed? Most LEOs are armed when on duty. The two females that followed him through the store may have been unarmed but unless your one of them how do you know? Are you one of the women involved Jack? Also he only mentioned the gender of one of the officers.

ROTFL, and I'm accused of personal shots!

The OP said he was followed around by a couple women or girls and then he was grabbed, his gun felt up and clothing adjusted for him as he was shown out the door by a female. LOL

May be you think that's hot but it wasn't me kiddo. Reading is your friend.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    have yet to have an issue, but then again, cleanly dressed, glock on hip, no one really thinks anything of it. I have had only the manager of walmart on 40 in cumberland even acknowledge it was there. He just seemed more interested in what caliber it was(buying ammo at the time) I suppose a lot of it has to do with locale, a lot has to do with appearance. Regardless, the officer was in the wrong to touch without asking and further leading the sheeple to believe that firearms must be concealed

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    If I see any of you dancing with your shirts off while open carrying, I going to need to buy more eye bleach.:D

Prepare for eye bleach:

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    EDIT: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^WTF led to that.....lol

I honestly can't for the life of me understand the strong anti-OC sentiment on this board. It makes no sense to me. We are all supposedly Pro2A. Its perfectly legal (as it should be) to OC in Indiana. Why the hate??? I don't get it.

For the record, I CC and OC both, depending on many factors.

josh, I agree. This board has changed in the last 2 years, time for a stalinistic purge.....:laugh:

I haven't yet figured it out either, rights are rights and the law allows it, some states don't allow OC, but quite a few still do last I checked.

sjstill

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Indy (west)
    After reading some of his posts, I'm wondering if 'our' Jack Ryan is the same Jack Ryan who used to post on The Jawa Report blog.

Gawd, I hope not...

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    I suppose a lot of it has to do with locale, a lot has to do with appearance.

see, that is what keeps me from doing it around here. Mind you, all winter I have been OCing under my jacket (doesn't really count). My fear is that here in Lafayette, people always seem to be in other peoples business, and I am not sure how they would react to seeing someone OC. I have seen, and been the result of people standing on the sidelines making ridiculous calls to the police. I worked at a shop once where people drop their cars off for work to be done. One group of kids dropped their car off and got into another car to go home. I walked out of the shop to find a cop canvasing the car, come to find out someone called it in suspicious thinking there might be a bomb in it. One time a neighbor called the cops on me on reporting 'gunshots' while I was working on my car in the garage. Yes I made some loud noises, nothing remotely as loud as a gunshot.

Point being, I have no problem with OC, I don't do it because of my location, and the fact I appear younger (25ish) and do not fit what the sheeple would consider someone who should carry. Do I think it is right, no, but for now, I will carry semi concealed or concealed to avoid hassle. After I get a few more gray hairs, maybe I will think it out.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    see, that is what keeps me from doing it around here. Mind you, all winter I have been OCing under my jacket (doesn't really count). My fear is that here in Lafayette, people always seem to be in other peoples business, and I am not sure how they would react to seeing someone OC. I have seen, and been the result of people standing on the sidelines making ridiculous calls to the police. I worked at a shop once where people drop their cars off for work to be done. One group of kids dropped their car off and got into another car to go home. I walked out of the shop to find a cop canvasing the car, come to find out someone called it in suspicious thinking there might be a bomb in it. One time a neighbor called the cops on me on reporting 'gunshots' while I was working on my car in the garage. Yes I made some loud noises, nothing remotely as loud as a gunshot.

Point being, I have no problem with OC, I don't do it because of my location, and the fact I appear younger (25ish) and do not fit what the sheeple would consider someone who should carry. Do I think it is right, no, but for now, I will carry semi concealed or concealed to avoid hassle. After I get a few more gray hairs, maybe I will think it out.

LOL, you get that everywhere, I've had a few run ins with leo's being called on me, but generally just talking for a few they seem to get pissed at the person who called it in the first place. As the last gentleman I dealt with for having the cops called for a "gun in car call". he was somewhat serious until he realized by looking it was an ar15, unloaded, and a long gun.....lol From that point on we joked around for probably an hour before I he had a call.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    My fear is that here in Lafayette, people always seem to be in other peoples business, and I am not sure how they would react to seeing someone OC.

Never been hassled in Lafayette while OCing, but getting coffee in Broad Ripple is another matter.

Yes, the complaints that LPD are sometimes beyond belief but every PD gets goofy calls. You do know about the story about the lady that called the bomb squad upon seeing the car that was converted to run on biodiesel one fine summer day? Yes, LPD responded to a "bomb" on a car parked downtown on the courthouse square--the grease tank for the biodiesel.:D

ezdubbin97

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2009
    Lafayette
    Never been hassled in Lafayette while OCing, but getting coffee in Broad Ripple is another matter.

Yes, the complaints that LPD are sometimes beyond belief but every PD gets goofy calls. You do know about the story about the lady that called the bomb squad upon seeing the car that was converted to run on biodiesel one fine summer day? Yes, LPD responded to a "bomb" on a car parked downtown on the courthouse square--the grease tank for the biodiesel.:D

I remember the Jeep with the 'hydrogen' kit on the front that consisted of some mason jars holding water with electrical wires into it (everyone remember the high school experiment of making hydrogen?) mounted to the front bumper above the confederate flag plate.

I also remember my mom calling the cops on a kid riding his bicycle and carrying a bb rifle...I was only about 10 at the time so I didn't have much say. (yes my mom is anti-gun). Some people have wayyy too much time on their hands to make all these calls.

I had a lady standing behind me in line at a Red Box last summer on a VERY windy day. My shirt blew up and revealed my gun in a CB Supertuck. I heard a gasp from her and she immediately went to her car and got on her phone. Nothing became of it, but I already had my movie and wasn't sticking around anyhow.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    ROTFL, and I'm accused of personal shots!

The OP said he was followed around by a couple women or girls and then he was grabbed, his gun felt up and clothing adjusted for him as he was shown out the door by a female. LOL

In the OP he said he was followed by 2 females who then disappeared, 10 minutes later he said he was approached by a female officer. And that there were 2 officers present. Still not sure where you get 3-4 unarmed women. And like I said most LEO are armed when on duty and for the other 2 women how do you know they were unarmed? Maybe they were armed to the teeth and noticed that he was carrying and were just following him around to make sure he wasn't planning on shooting up the place?:dunno:

Reading is your friend.

:D

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Too Close to Home
    ok i was at walmart tonight shoppin for a cell phone. when i noticed 2 females following me thur the store the disappear. Ten mins later a lady officer show up an. Asked do you have a license to carry that? i said yep. she asked were is it? i said in my wallet so she grabbed my wallet an went thur it an found my card an id. the she tell me if your goin to carry that you need to cover it up..an grabbed my sweater an pulled it over my pistol. an said i had to cover it or leave per management. i fellowed her order an left with out conflicked. On my way out i said you do know i have the right to carry anyway i want right? Both officers said in the state of Indiana you must carry so no one can see it... i think in the morning i will print off the laws an take them to the police station in the morning an talk to the chief of police... Do you guys think i was in the wrong?

Didn't bother to read all 16 pages (in a hurry, but had to comment!) so if this is a repeat I apologize...

I know my posts aren't always perfect in regards to grammar, punctuation and spelling... but wholly jeepers Batman! I could hardly make it through this thing! Our education system must be worse off than I thought :n00b:

To the Op,

Once you type a post, read it before clicking the "post" button. Then read it a second time, out loud. If it doesn't make sense or sounds awkward to you the writer then how do you think it comes across to us?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    True, but they might still find it when they are removing your other valuables from your unconscious body after they attacked what seemed to be an easy mark.

Just sayin'.

True, but then again, if the person is bold enough to knock someone unconscious, then why attack someone for a _chance_ at getting valuables. Wouldn't it make more sense that such a person would target someone with a _known_ valuable, such as a Glock, HK, Sig, etc.? You can't out draw a drawn gun and your OCing whatever won't do you any good if they shoot first, knock you unconscious, etc..

Just sayin'.

I honestly can't for the life of me understand the strong anti-OC sentiment on this board. It makes no sense to me. We are all supposedly Pro2A. Its perfectly legal (as it should be) to OC in Indiana. Why the hate??? I don't get it. .

Because it is socially different. The fact remains is that the OCers, most of them, only want others to OC if they agree with how the other person does it. Ask any OCer if they would mind a neighbor OCing an AK-47 around the neighborhood? Then ask them if they would ask the neighbor to refrain if the OCer was trying to sell their home and the sight of someone OCing anything caused a few potential buyers to back-out. If any OCer asked a neighbor to cease their OCing just so they could sell their home, they are hypocrites if they also complain about cops being called, stores banning OCing, etc..

Also, many OCers claim "if it is legal, no reason to criticize." However, a few here said they would have issues if someone decided to OC by actually _carrying_ a handgun in their hand. If an OCed pistol in a holster on someone's hip is a deterrent, why not just go for your runs/walks/errands with the gun _in_ the hand (pointed down of course, as pointing a firearm at someone without cause is illegal in this state). The gun would only be holstered for when you needed to use two hands. Sounds logical to me. I don't see a difference between this and OCing, both are legal, both provide a means for education, but OCing by keeping the gun in the hand, pointed down, is far more tactical than keeping it holstered. For those OCers on this forum, surely you wouldn't mind if I OCed in your place of business/in front of your business (on the public sidewalk), or in front of your home (again, on the street or sidewalk) by carrying my gun in my hand? I can use all the same arguments the OCers use for doing this. And if any of them were to call the cops when they see someone walking around with a gun in their hand, they are hypocrites.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    True, but then again, if the person is bold enough to knock someone unconscious, then why attack someone for a _chance_ at getting valuables. Wouldn't it make more sense that such a person would target someone with a _known_ valuable, such as a Glock, HK, Sig, etc.? You can't out draw a drawn gun and your OCing whatever won't do you any good if they shoot first, knock you unconscious, etc..

Just sayin'.

Because it is socially different. The fact remains is that the OCers, most of them, only want others to OC if they agree with how the other person does it. Ask any OCer if they would mind a neighbor OCing an AK-47 around the neighborhood? Then ask them if they would ask the neighbor to refrain if the OCer was trying to sell their home and the sight of someone OCing anything caused a few potential buyers to back-out. If any OCer asked a neighbor to cease their OCing just so they could sell their home, they are hypocrites if they also complain about cops being called, stores banning OCing, etc..

Also, many OCers claim "if it is legal, no reason to criticize." However, a few here said they would have issues if someone decided to OC by actually _carrying_ a handgun in their hand. If an OCed pistol in a holster on someone's hip is a deterrent, why not just go for your runs/walks/errands with the gun _in_ the hand (pointed down of course, as pointing a firearm at someone without cause is illegal in this state). The gun would only be holstered for when you needed to use two hands. Sounds logical to me. I don't see a difference between this and OCing, both are legal, both provide a means for education, but OCing by keeping the gun in the hand, pointed down, is far more tactical than keeping it holstered. For those OCers on this forum, surely you wouldn't mind if I OCed in your place of business/in front of your business (on the public sidewalk), or in front of your home (again, on the street or sidewalk) by carrying my gun in my hand? I can use all the same arguments the OCers use for doing this. And if any of them were to call the cops when they see someone walking around with a gun in their hand, they are hypocrites.
    C'mon, Indy! This from you as long as you have been around INGO? IMO you HAVE to be trying to draw someone (anyone?) into a fight.

IMO, I sum your argument up with this: Since you OC'ers can't even decide what exactly constitutes OC amongst yourselves then you shouldn't do it because someone in the group my disagree with the group. I might like Fords and my next door neighbor might like Chevy, but that doesn't me that he and I cannot follow one another down to Indianapolis for a roadtrip to watch the Indy 500 does it?

Somebody might try to jack me for the outline of my wallet in my back pocket. You're really going to argue with that kind of logic? That there is, IMO (since we have zero identifiable data from any sources to back it up), a fraction of a percentage of a pedestrian being attacked solely for his firearm?

You have been around here for a while and you throw this argument up not like it is your first day on INGO. What's your real reason for this?

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    C'mon, Indy! This from you as long as you have been around INGO? IMO you HAVE to be trying to draw someone (anyone?) into a fight.

You have been around here for a while and you throw this argument up not like it is your first day on INGO. What's your real reason for this?

My post was made to stir conversation, not go draw anyone into a "fight." If people want to OC, go for it. I personally feel it is socially silly, but to each their own. OCers are rabid in their defense of one another, and their actions. All I am saying is that OCers can't sit back and wish their neighbor didn't OC a handgun, an AK, a shotgun, etc. when potential buyers of their home show up. OCers shouldn't complain if someone wants to OC by carrying their gun in their hand. OCers can't use various arguments such as:
    -It is a tactical advantage.
    -It is legal.
    -People question me so it allows me to educate them.

All these same arguments could be used by me if I un-holstered my pistol and carried it in my hand into my local Walmart. As long as I don't point it at anyone, what is the difference between this and OCing a gun in a holster? The fact is, nothing. Both are legal. Carrying in your hand, at the ready has a slight tactical advantage. If someone questions me, I can educate them.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    OCers are rabid in their defense of one another, and their actions.
    Okay, here's my reasoning to this. You just included me in a blanket statement that "OCers are rabid in their defense of one another and their actions. Find one post where I am rabid about OC. Find one post of mine where any defense of OC I put up was anything other than informing someone here on INGO that it is legal to OC and that despite all the "but it could happen" rhetoric none of us that have looked and scoured and talked to cops and NRA instructors and whomever else appropriate have never found one case to prove that. Just one post and I'll apologize. You lumped me in your statement because I OC as well as CC.

All I am saying is that OCers can't sit back and wish their neighbor didn't OC a handgun, an AK, a shotgun, etc. when potential buyers of their home show up. OCers shouldn't complain if someone wants to OC by carrying their gun in their hand. OCers can't use various arguments such as:
    -It is a tactical advantage.
    -It is legal.
    -People question me so it allows me to educate them.
    Can you point me toward a thread or news story on this? I missed it. I do not recall any discussion of INGOers who have neighbors that OC and have the neighborhood upset. Is this another "but it could happen" thing?

All these same arguments could be used by me if I un-holstered my pistol and carried it in my hand into my local Walmart. As long as I don't point it at anyone, what is the difference between this and OCing a gun in a holster? The fact is, nothing. Both are legal. Carrying in your hand, at the ready has a slight tactical advantage. If someone questions me, I can educate them.
    In a way it is all the same and could have the same results:

1) Walk in a store CC, shirt/coat gaps and employee sees it; calls cops for MWG call

2) Walk in a store OC, employee sees it; calls cops for MWG call

3) Walk into store with gun-in-hand, employee sees it; calls cops for MWG call.

Once again, logic says all three are full of fail so do not carry a gun at all unless a person wants a visit from the cops, but it is false logic.

So we're back to the personal responsibility of carrying a firearm. Carrying a firearm in my hand is more dangerous than OC because my trigger is exposed. OC, my trigger is covered.

Top Bottom