• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I have to wonder how much stress was put on this marriage by the national campaign, by the political attacks against her personally during the national campaign, and then by the attacks against her and her family from within the state of Alaska.

The article says there were PRIOR affairs. So that would imply that they worked their way past those affairs, but the article seems to imply those were the reason for the ultimate cause of the apparent impending divorce.

Sad really to see any family fall apart. It would be tragic if politics was the cause of this one.

Todd and Sarah Palin to divorce
    August 1, 2009
    Affairs on both sides

Updated 9:29pm AKDT

9:20pm - AlaskaReport.com receives letter from Palin lawyer Van Flein evidently confirming some details (will post when we clarify missing information).

AlaskaReport has learned today that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage (including a former Palin staffer) have confirmed the split.

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska last week.

The Palins were noticeably not speaking to each other for most of last Sunday's resignation speech in Fairbanks. Sarah ditched Todd (MSNBC) right after the speech and left without him. Sarah removed her wedding ring a couple of weeks ago.

Sarah has recently purchased land in Montana and is considering moving the family there. Sarah Palin is originally from Idaho.

Todd Palin told Fox News last week that he was heading back to his job in the oil fields of Alaska, yet Sarah recently signed a book deal reportedly worth $11 million.

Editor's note: AlaskaReport was the first website to report that Sarah Palin was running for governor of Alaska and the first website to report that Sarah was picked as John McCain's VP candidate.​

Flintlock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    Southeastern Indiana
    Not true.

Yet again, some so-called journalists have decided to make up a story. There is no truth to the recent “story” (and story is the correct term for this type of fiction) that the Palins are divorcing. The Palins remain married, committed to each other and their family, and have not purchased land in Montana (last week it was reported to be Long Island).

Less than one week ago, Governor Palin asked the media to “quit making things up.” We appreciate that the more professional journalists decided to question this story before repeating it.

From Palin's facebook page:
    Login | Facebook

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have to wonder how much stress was put on this marriage by the national campaign, by the political attacks against her personally during the national campaign, and then by the attacks against her and her family from within the state of Alaska.

The article says there were PRIOR affairs. So that would imply that they worked their way past those affairs, but the article seems to imply those were the reason for the ultimate cause of the apparent impending divorce.

Sad really to see any family fall apart. It would be tragic if politics was the cause of this one.

August 1, 2009
    Affairs on both sides

Updated 9:29pm AKDT

9:20pm - AlaskaReport.com receives letter from Palin lawyer Van Flein evidently confirming some details (will post when we clarify missing information).

AlaskaReport has learned today that Todd Palin and former Alaska governor Sarah Palin are to divorce. Multiple sources in Wasilla and Anchorage (including a former Palin staffer) have confirmed the split.

A National Enquirer story exposing previous affairs on both sides led to a deterioration of their marriage and the stress from that led to Palin's resignation as governor of Alaska last week.

The Palins were noticeably not speaking to each other for most of last Sunday's resignation speech in Fairbanks. Sarah ditched Todd (MSNBC) right after the speech and left without him. Sarah removed her wedding ring a couple of weeks ago.

Sarah has recently purchased land in Montana and is considering moving the family there. Sarah Palin is originally from Idaho.

Todd Palin told Fox News last week that he was heading back to his job in the oil fields of Alaska, yet Sarah recently signed a book deal reportedly worth $11 million.

Editor's note: AlaskaReport was the first website to report that Sarah Palin was running for governor of Alaska and the first website to report that Sarah was picked as John McCain's VP candidate.
    What a surprise!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Hum.. The face book post was made by a Meg Stapleton. In addition the FB account I'm not sure if it is really maintained by SP herself or if it's a club. I think it's the latter since at the top it has the option to "become a fan" and not "become a friend". The difference is "become a freind" is shown when the account is a personal account. Become a fan is shown when the account is a group/club/biz type account. I just joined it and apart from links to her PAC there is a few pics but most of the "official" post appear to come from Meg Stapleton. Plus when I look up on my "friends" list SP does not show up. Instead she appears in my club section. So not sure what truth there is in the FB account.

It is indeed sad if what melensdad said is true. I'll still love for her.

And if she needs a shoulder to cry on, help with the kids, and a new hubby ya can get in LINE! I already signed up for those duty. Alaska or Montana or wheve ever else she wants to go here I come! :laugh:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Huffington Post

Palin Camp Slams Divorce Rumors: They "Remain Married"

Palin Camp Slams Divorce Rumor: They "Remain Married"

Sarah Palin's spokeswoman is shooting down reports that the former Alaska governor and her husband, Todd, are seeking divorce.
    The story, which appeared on the "Alaska Report" Website and several other blogs, cited a National Enquirer story about the "stress" of the couple's marriage leading to her resignation, and claimed that Palin bought land in Montana recently and that "multiple sources in Wasila and Anchorage" had confirmed the news.
    After the story made the rounds on Saturday, spokeswoman Meg Stapleton posted a statement on Palin's Facebook page:
    Yet again, some so-called journalists have decided to make up a story. There is no truth to the recent "story" (and story is the correct term for this type of fiction) that the Palins are divorcing. The Palins remain married, committed to each other and their family, and have not purchased land in Montana (last week it was reported to be Long Island).​
    "Less than one week ago, Governor Palin asked the media to 'quit making things up,'" Stapleton added. "We appreciate that the more professional journalists decided to question this story before repeating it."
    An attorney for Palin denied the report to CBS News:

Sarah Palin's attorney, Thomas Van Flein, told CBS News that the report of a divorce is "categorically false."​
    Palin may issue her own statement later in the day, though the frequent Twitter user has yet to tweet on the topic.

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    After almost 2 decades of marriage, I have no desire to try and train another woman--even if she can field dress her own kills. Seriously, my 15 y/o son has the hots for her. He said the calendar I bought for him (https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...d_2nd_amendment/29231-new_palin_calender.html) was the best birthday present he's ever gotten.

Well he and I can bought keep dreaming. She is 12 yrs my senior and 30 yrs his so unless either of us pull a Ms. Robinson we are both going to keep dreaming. :D

Top Bottom