Not open for further replies.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Doesn't matter how many links anyone posts, it's a 'Dogma' crap fight between conspiracy theorist and science professionals.

Post about reinfection completely blowing the 'Herd Immunity' idea out of the water, they simply don't read it.

Infection, & death rates skyrocketing, IGNORED because it doesn't fit the conspiracy theory dogma.

Show links to studies on crippling effects for children, ignored because they don't care about children, only the dogma/party line.

Again, Tom Petty, "What ever it is your looking for, Don't come around here no more."

Show me the bodies. Show me the children. Real world and say it again that we do not care for the children. Go ahead and say it.........:nono:

Man oh man oh man. You have drank the Fauci (Sp) koolaide.

Anything any of us links can be refuted with a mere google search to another site. I have worn myself out doing it.
    Every virus mutates. Herd immunity is real. Yes people get re-infected at times. This has been the norm for years my friend. I have seen links that blow all of this out of the water. Who do you believe.

When this all blows over, and it will, some of us will have some serious egg on our faces. Not sure who among us but yes, there will be egg. And crow. Lots of crow. And it will be eaten.

I never liked crow.

Again, show me the bodies.

Science professionals can be on the doll just like a politician.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Doesn't matter how many links anyone posts, it's a 'Dogma' crap fight between conspiracy theorist and science professionals.

Post about reinfection completely blowing the 'Herd Immunity' idea out of the water, they simply don't read it.

Infection, & death rates skyrocketing, IGNORED because it doesn't fit the conspiracy theory dogma.

Show links to studies on crippling effects for children, ignored because they don't care about children, only the dogma/party line.

Again, Tom Petty, "What ever it is your looking for, Don't come around here no more."

LMAO they don’t care about the children? This sounds like anti gunners after sandy hook. Good lord. And these science professionals you keep quoting told us masks didn’t help 3 months ago. And summer would kill it. And protesting is fine it won’t spread it. Believe whatever “professional” you want. I’m still not wearing one.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana
    If you subscribe to that theory, you might as well buy yourself a funeral plot now, because nothing is going to save any of us if that is actually the truth.

In that situation, all of us would be dead in a year or 2, regardless what we do, unless we live out the rest of our lives in a bunker with highly specialized filtration.
    There's no sense in even trying at that point, the logistics of the situation are untenable, and everyone will die, might as well subscribe to the world being over.

That doesn't appear to be the case, at all, judging by other countries' statistics.

Why does everyone tell me to die now or stay out in the woods at home?

The other alternative is mask, 100% IPA, effective disinfection routine, and just say away from the Typhoid Mary crowd as much as possible...
    Which by the way, I got called out for 'Emergency Services' at the very beginning of this crap, going to the 'Hot Zones' mostly.

Between luck, and simply doing the mask/disinfecting thing the pro-COVID political party hasn't managed to kill me (yet)...

'Red' states aren't republican anymore, it's highest infection rate in COVID cases.

Shot twice, blown up twice, three aircraft crashes... It would SUCK to be killed by some 'Internet Expert' that decided to spread the virus because of trash he found on the internet...
    I'm out pounding the COVID 'Essentials' but according to them, I'm 'Dead Weight' that needs killing.

At least in central/south America, North/East Africa, Middle East, middle Europe I could shoot at the people trying to kill me...

Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

The other alternative is mask, 100% IPA, effective disinfection routine, and just say away from the Typhoid Mary crowd as much as possible...
    Which by the way, I got called out for 'Emergency Services' at the very beginning of this crap, going to the 'Hot Zones' mostly.

Between luck, and simply doing the mask/disinfecting thing the pro-COVID political party hasn't managed to kill me (yet)...

'Red' states aren't republican anymore, it's highest infection rate in COVID cases.

Shot twice, blown up twice, three aircraft crashes... It would SUCK to be killed by some 'Internet Expert' that decided to spread the virus because of trash he found on the internet...
    I'm out pounding the COVID 'Essentials' but according to them, I'm 'Dead Weight' that needs killing.

At least in central/south America, North/East Africa, Middle East, middle Europe I could shoot at the people trying to kill me...

What part of your own story do you not understand? No amount of disinfection or mask usage will save you if it simply reinfects people and eventually kills them. It's only a matter of time, as you have a percentage risk of being infected. That percentage is above 0 for everyone who isn't living in a hermetically sealed bunker.

Being a corona virus, a vaccine is as likely as a vaccine for the common cold.

I'm saying you need to re-evaluate your reasoning, because if the situation is as you said it is, everyone will be dead. Period. Humanity wiped out entirely.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    What is your plan to stem the spread?

If we want to return to normal, we have 1 unrealistic option: act like it doesn't exist. It's unrealistic if for no other reason that the governments will not ever take this position.

The second option is to do something, or some things, to try to reduce spread, at least while we are figuring out exactly what is effective and not.

I have made my position on mandates crystal clear.

There is nothing that will 'stem" the spread, only delay it, the virus will run its course and peon humans are helpless to stop it...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Two things get ignored, I think. One is science changes knowledge.. The theory of relativity wasn't accepted until it was. When I read "they said masks didn't work 3 months ago" well things change with new knowledge. That statement is silly.

Time is the other one.

It's not a matter of never getting Covid. It is a hope that by doing what one can to delay the infection the knowledge base on how to treat grows and the chances for successful therapeutics and possible vaccines increase.

We have people here on the mask side who say wear a mask but I don't hear any of them, me included, saying it should be mandatory.
    We have people in the non mask camp that treat every mask proponent as if they are in favor or advocating for mandatory mask wearing.

What part of your own story do you not understand? No amount of disinfection or mask usage will save you if it simply reinfects people and eventually kills them. It's only a matter of time, as you have a percentage risk of being infected. That percentage is above 0 for everyone who isn't living in a hermetically sealed bunker.

Being a corona virus, a vaccine is as likely as a vaccine for the common cold.

I'm saying you need to re-evaluate your reasoning, because if the situation is as you said it is, everyone will be dead. Period. Humanity wiped out entirely.

JeepHammer

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2018
    SW Indiana

SO... Now *YOU* are trying to tell me what I said?
    At no time did I say "Everyone will be dead".

What I said was it's a dead nut, non arguable FACT you can be reinfected.
    It's been in the US long enough for reinfection to happen, undisputed medical fact under controlled scientific conditions.

What I said was (and provided links) is the reinfected show worse symptoms in the scientifically controlled conditions.
    Since it's very new, we don't know what percentage will reinfect, or if the majority will have worse symptoms the second or third time around.

What I said was there are consequences for children, what percentage isn't clear...
    Or for how long those children will have the inflammation response, could be a few weeks, could be a lifetime.

What I said was, you have to be the worst kind of 'Special' to think it's a good idea to spread it around,
    WAY too soon to know if a 'Herd Immunity' can even be had, and with current discoveries in research, it's looking doubtful.
    That makes anyone intentionally getting infected and spreading it around the worst thing that can happen since we know so little about it.

What I said was, the 'Internet Experts' that think it's no worse than a cold or common flu have rocks in their heads,
    And if they choose to run around without a mask, dangerous rock heads....

What literally every medical professional in the world told you...
    Social distance, wear a mask, disinfect correctly, and in about a month the current cases will clear.
    In about six weeks of continuous drops in infection, you can START to cautiously reopen with testing safeguards in place to catch outbreaks early.
    Other countries did it, and they are pretty much over it,
    The ones that tried the stupid idea of 'Herd Immunity' are up to their eyeballs in infections, after effects of infections & death.

*IF* the boneheads had done what the medical professionals told them for the last 3 months, infection rates would be nearly zero by now,
    Instead of 10% of the population running around trying to infect the other 90%...

BUT...
    Some dimbulb decided to make it a political issue... And here we are with ICUs overflowing, infections over 10%, when the initial outbreaks were under 1%
    So now the childish temper tantrums about "Not Wanting To Wear Masks, Wash Hands" has made for a 10X increase in about a month...
    AND, its in states that had few initial cases and 'Wanted' to reopen without/ignored restrictions!

The fact of the matter is, children with chicken pox or measels 'WANT' to go out and play, and now everyone is paying the price for those temper tantrums. ZERO self discipline is what got us into this mess...
    AND YET... Endless pages of the same old crap, doing exactly what the actual medical professionals warned AGAINST, and now disproven but still flowing neck deep.

You can't fix stupid, but in this case it might make the Darwin awards.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch

so to disagree with in one post I'll just go to bed instead

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

You’ve got your own fair share of dogma issues. Don’t care? Skyrocketing? :rolleyes:

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

If you keep going like this you're going to stroke out long before this flu even gives you the sniffles.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    "We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

-- New England Journal of Medicine.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    "We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection. Public health authorities define a significant exposure to Covid-19 as face-to-face contact within 6 feet with a patient with symptomatic Covid-19 that is sustained for at least a few minutes (and some say more than 10 minutes or even 30 minutes). The chance of catching Covid-19 from a passing interaction in a public space is therefore minimal. In many cases, the desire for widespread masking is a reflexive reaction to anxiety over the pandemic.”

-- New England Journal of Medicine.

Facts don't matter. We are dealing with the general public. It's a sugar pill to calm the masses.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom