• Status
    Not open for further replies.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Why now? I voted for Trump twice. My presence isn't just limited to INGO.

I behave the same way when surrounded by Democrats.

Equally hated by all sides!
    Let's just say, when I was defending against the claims of 'Trump only wants ...' or 'Trump really is only ...' or 'Trump believes ...' - you know, where people are claiming knowledge they would have to be mindreaders to have - I didn't see you on the front lines

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Let's just say, when I was defending against the claims of 'Trump only wants ...' or 'Trump really is only ...' or 'Trump believes ...' - you know, where people are claiming knowledge they would have to be mindreaders to have - I didn't see you on the front lines
    Perhaps it was because you and many others were doing so well that I didn't think I had anything to add.

ETA

It was.

I'm not the type to join the dogpile.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have to give you credit on the excellent job of multiple quotes. Unfortunately, I don't have that ability, so I'll try to cover the things that stood out.

In regards to "run away", my example was of me simply minding my own business while shopping sans mask. I never thought that it could be misconstrued that I would be walking towards anyone acting intimidating. You chose to interpret it that way. But, whatever. My point is, if anyone wearing a mask is so troubled by the fact that I'm not, they can feel free to go to the next aisle and come back later. I do it all the time, if the aisle is a little crowded or there seems to be the majority in the aisle are wearing masks, I'll come back. Believe it or not, that's common courtesy. I choose not to wear a mask and others choose to. Good for them, but leave me alone. You (a general term, not specifically aimed at anyone) as a shopper have no right to tell me what I should do. I've had one confrontation since this ******** started and it wasn't started by me. It was started by some nosey lady who thought she had the right to tell me what I should be doing. She left with hurt feelings.

"Private property rights"
    The only RIGHTS you or I have is a person's presence on property. Everything else is a request. If requests are ignored, then the owner can decide if the person is still welcome. You kept bringing up hunting on posted or unposted property. This doesn't apply to the discussion. Grocery stores and the like are generally open to the public. Private property such as your house or your woods are generally closed to the public. A different situation that doesn't fit into the discussion.

Now you get to the point I've been trying to make...
    "About the only sign I can think of I ignore is a no guns allowed sign. Any other sign, I honor. "No shirt no shoes no service", "Masks Required", Labeled bathrooms..."

You choose to ignore the "no guns" sign because you don't agree with it. I have no problem with that. The problem I have is that you can't see why someone would be so bold as to ignore other signs that you do agree with. You made a general statement that guns is a 2a issue, but it's not. If you went into a store and got asked to leave because you ignored the "no guns" sign, how do you think it would play out if you told the owner and police that you were staying due to your constitutional rights?

All I've been saying is, if you disagree with and choose to ignore any sign, that's your prerogative and I don't see anything wrong with it. Be prepared to leave without discussion if asked to.

You've been saying ignore some signs that you disagree with, but obey the signs that you do agree with. That's hypocrisy. To be clear, that's not a personal attack, that's an accurate description of what it is. You can't have it both ways. Either follow all posted signs or don't, but don't fault people for making the decision to ignore signs you happen to agree with when you're ignoring signs that others happen to agree with.
    One observation. It’s okay to say “without” on the internet instead of “sans”.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    To clarify, I’m not agreeing that people are sheep-like. People aren’t “herding” creatures per se. I think we are group-ish, but more like tribal than herd-like. So to a large extent we’re susceptible to believing information from our own side without skepticism. We all are reluctant to change our own views unless the sources of new information are from ones we trust.
    People are not so much herd-like physically but they are herd-like mentally.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99%
    95   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Prior to this civilization ending plague, there was 1,000 ways to get sick.

Nobody was in a panic...

Now, there is 1,001.

Big fat hairy deal...

I see zero reason to panic... just because the powers that be, and their propaganda machine are using this new disease as a political weapon.

I've had their plague. (back in Oct) I was miserable for a couple weeks. That's what happens when you get sick. So what?

No mask for me.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    I am a Texan and I wear a mask to spare others' feelings.
    They're scared silly and already traumatized enough.
    Some day the government will tell them they're safe.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    NEW CDC REPORT: Mask mandates lower COVID cases by around 1.5% over a two month period pic.twitter.com/wcoKXlJkDN

— Breaking911 (@Breaking911) March 6, 2021

The results are inside the margin for statistical error

Following the results of this study, the CDC says they will continue recommending mask mandates

"Do as I say" control freaks, that includes ANYONE pushing masking on others...

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am seeing another side to people in this time of confusion. Many are becoming sheep as they get deeper into the addiction of the 24/7 MSM :bs: cycle.

I think we're seeing the same thing but one of is correct in what we're calling it. You say they're "sheep". And sometimes we like to say they're asleep. Okay so we have two sides. One side says masks aren't necessary, the other side says that we need to wear masks for the greater good. And both sides look at the other and call the other the same names. You think it's that they're sheep, and they think it's that you're sheep. Or there are other metaphors we like to hurl at each other. They need to wake up! As if they're asleep. And they think it's you that's asleep.

You're not both right. You're not both sheep, or asleep. That metaphor does not explain all the dynamics. It only explains to you what you see just from your perspective. How do you explain that they are indeed at least as informed about their own side of it as you are? It's true. They are every bit as informed about their own point of view. They read as much or more about what their side thinks as you do. They read and research their own uncritically. They're no less awake about their own perspective than you are about yours. But, for all their "research" they can't see your side of it because they're less willing to see yours--and not because they're sheep. Or asleep. Or whatever metephore you want to use to explain why you get it and they don't.

The dynamics going on is that you don't trust their sources. And by sources, I mean the people on their side, not just in the news, but in their daily conversations, their twitter timelines, their facebook pages, their information bubbles.

The dynamic that best explains this is human nature. Human nature isn't herd-ish. It's tribal. We form sides when there is disagreement and we fiercely defend the side we choose. And the side we choose is typically the side that best suits our temperaments. Those people aren't sheep. They've joined clan-collective and they're defending it. You must wear a mask to 1) show that you care about the collective. You're defending clan-individual, you shouldn't require masks because it's up to the individual to decide whether to wear a mask or not.

They don't believe different because they're sheep. They think fundamentally different from you. And then some of us can see some truth on both sides. But primarily, I find myself more on team individual than team collective, even though I do see some societal benefits to wearing masks under certain conditions.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    NEW CDC REPORT: Mask mandates lower COVID cases by around 1.5% over a two month period pic.twitter.com/wcoKXlJkDN

Following the results of this study, the CDC says they will continue recommending mask mandates

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-masks-will-therefore-continue-pushing-masks/

But the little pictures people posted showed a 90% effective rate in stopping covid!

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    That just means your immune system hasn't been pushed in a long time and isn't ready for a big showdown.
    Quite the contrary.
    I am exposed to things all the time.
    If I had a dollar for every time someone came into work sick, I'd be retired. Also did a good amount of travel prior to Covid.
    Our immune systems need fed too.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The whole trusted sources discussion is beginning to resemble the chicken or egg debate.

Although I don't believe there are any sources that can be trusted.
    In what you're quoting, "trusted sources" isn't necessarily one class of source. I'm talking about human nature and how we allow new information to modify our worldview. We're very protective of the thing I'm calling worldview. It's basically our understanding of everything, mostly how the world works.

For example, if you and I are discussing something, and I trust you implicitly, if you tell me something that is counter to my worldview I am more likely to modify my worldview to take in the new information than if I don't trust you. You will not overcome your biases when you don't trust the source of information, regardless of what class of source it is. I've learned that I can't trust news sources because they're not looking out for me. I trust information that I can reasonably verify independently.

And I'll admit that even when I decide I can't trust some information, on an intellectual level, I still want to believe it when it's my own tribe saying it. And that brings up another point. I also struggle with tribes. Intellectually I can see the dynamic in play, but personally, I really want to believe the Right side of it. I'm not sure if people can overcome that enough to avert what I think is coming if we can't.

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    I support this statement 100%. Quercetin, stinging nettle or bioflavonoids are how I deal with allergies and any respiratory issues. Works better than the pharmaceuticals that messed up my blood pressure years ago. A little oregano oil fixes what the weeds don't.

I too started using supplements and herbs instead of pharmaceuticals in the early 2000's. I'm healthier now than I have ever been. I am also pharmaceutical free.

Everyone in my office except for me got sick in 2020. I was exposed to customers who had covid, co-workers and employees who had the flu, and multiple ones with pneumonia. I did not get sick or miss any work. It wasn't due to luck, it was due to eating real food instead of fast or processed food, and taking supplements.

I'm not sick. I don't need a mask. The mask nazis can double up if they are that worried about me. They can also stay home if they are afraid.

For those of you who don't like it, you need to just drink your Kool-Aid & leave the rest of us alone.

For the mask nazis, just in case your head hasn't already exploded, I am age eligible for the vaccine but I will never willingly take it.
    Great job! Keep it up, and share with anyone you can.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I am a Texan and I wear a mask to spare others' feelings.
    They're scared silly and already traumatized enough.
    Some day the government will tell them they're safe.
    Well, sure. I get humoring people. But at some point you have to call a FATWO. I mean, if you're in your own car alone with the windows up, on a bright sunny day, stopped at a stop light and some Karen gets out and starts browbeating you, I think you owe them no comfort. Or here's one where I'd go more than FATWO. Say if I have a young child, and the child is not wearing a mask, and some Karen goes off on me for not masking the child, I strongly suspect that I'm reciprocating 1:1.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    My question here is if you are in the camp that Masks are an effective counter measure to the virus, what does it matter if someone else is not wearing a mask?

Based on your belief you are protected, so why the demand that others accept and believe as you do?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I mean. If that's true, at this point it's time to withdraw the FATWO on mask-nazis and just laugh at them. I may be biased though. :)

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I mean. If that's true, at this point it's time to withdraw the FATWO on mask-nazis and just laugh at them. I may be biased though. :)

Theses were CDC numbers. The organization with the info all of the mask mandates were based on.

OK... INGO mask faithful... let's hear from you now.

1-1.5% rate reduction, well within the margin of error... Come and make your case.

vulindlela

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2020
    Avon
    Utter quackery. There is a reason Alex Jones is pushing vitamins.

Yes, when you speak you spit on people, we all do. That is why we wear the mask to stop spitting on others and around things we touch, like door knobs, gas pump handles or counters.

Yes, the anti-maskers are snowflakes, unwilling to do their parts so they sputter nonsense about freedom and ryyyeeettts. Yeah, no, snowflake, you are not special.

People do not always know that they are positive for Covid-19. That is why we should act like we all have it and wear our masks as responsible citizens.
    I have not once mentioned Alex Jones.
    I do not pay attention to Alex Jones.
    I get my vitamin information from Medical Doctors.

I do not spit on people.

You can call me a snowflake if you want. I am offended by absolutely nothing. I am doing my part by staying healthy.
    I wash my hands with soap and do not touch my face.

Actually, the asymptomatic thing has been debunked, but you wouldn't know it since CNN does not report it. It does not fit the agenda.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom