• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    You keep confusing the issue. I'm not sure if it's intentional or a mental deficiency. Anyway...

No I don't. However that's a denial of entry issue, not a condition to enter the property. Two completely unrelated issues. Second, no I don't but that's common courtesy, not a condition to enter the property. Again, two completely unrelated issues.

I'll try to dumb it down for you...

Me - feel free to ignore any requests from property owners (guns, masks, etc) that you don't agree with. Be prepared to leave if asked. Consistent.

You - feel free to ignore requests that I don't agree with (guns) but follow the requests that I agree with (masks).
    Hypocrite.
    Nice to be popular so you can get away with condescending.

How you can interpret the word require as request is what I find astounding.

I can't locate a dictionary that comes anywhere close to equating the 2. Yet you are OK with walking past a sign that's says mask required before entry.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Sorry, I was still at work. My point is (and it may not be a very good one) that private property with no trespassing signs let you know that you are not welcome ever regardless of the time of day or your reasons for being there. A retail outlet is generally open to the public because they want to be profitable. I don’t wear a mask and if I’m asked to leave I would do so. I have not been asked to leave any place of business not once. So when you see all these mask signs being soundly ignored but no one is being asked to leave. That tells me the Karen’s of the world care way more than the retailers I frequent.
    ok I understand what you're saying now. I would say though that not everywhere in Indiana is the same and your experience is a polar opposite to mine. Different counties different rules per my understanding. Where I live in St. Joe county the health dept. is fining businesses that allow people inside not wearing a mask (aside from a health disability of course). Because they risk being fined they are very on top of making sure masks are on. Although ive been to one small engine shop that didnt wear masks but it was way out in the woods where you arent getting visits from the health dept. very often. Im sure Indy and the surrounding area are also like this. I have been asked to leave because i completely blanked and walked straight into a gas station. No big deal, came back with my mask.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    ok I understand what you're saying now. I would say though that not everywhere in Indiana is the same and your experience is a polar opposite to mine. Different counties different rules per my understanding. Where I live in St. Joe county the health dept. is fining businesses that allow people inside not wearing a mask (aside from a health disability of course). Because they risk being fined they are very on top of making sure masks are on. Although ive been to one small engine shop that didnt wear masks but it was way out in the woods where you arent getting visits from the health dept. very often. Im sure Indy and the surrounding area are also like this. I have been asked to leave because i completely blanked and walked straight into a gas station. No big deal, came back with my mask.
    Howard County isn't enforcing anything. A few months ago, I walked into a restaurant in indy. The owner told me that he could be fined for not enforcing the mask policy and asked me to put a mask on or I had to leave. I happily complied, walked 10 steps to the table, and the owner said I could remove my mask.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Howard County isn't enforcing anything. A few months ago, I walked into a restaurant in indy. The owner told me that he could be fined for not enforcing the mask policy and asked me to put a mask on or I had to leave. I happily complied, walked 10 steps to the table, and the owner said I could remove my mask.
    And didn't that make you feel so much better for doing YOUR PART?

sparky32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Morgantown
    Ive been going about my normal way in Johnson and Morgan County for the past 4 months or so and the only place that actually said anything about putting on a mask was menards. Every other of the dozen or so places I go on a regular basis never say anything about the mask so I just dont wear one anymore.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Ya the restaurant thing is really dumb to me. You dont wear a mask to eat so why even make it mandatory to walk in? May just be whomever made the rules just needed to act like they did something. I dont understand that one.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I'm not sure, but I "think" the theory is that you can have "social distance" at the table/booth.
    But where people going in/out, not possible.

But that's just a guess.
    I could be wrong.
    I often am.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Yeah the Covid here in indy is pretty stupid. You can be hidden from it sittng at the table. But stand up and man you are in serious troble.

This whole thing is idiotic.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    :bash:You guys views aren't that much different but you're still going at it. This is just what the powers that be want, arguments on semantics. Same premise in the Cuomo scandal. Focus on the allegations of sexual harassment but "nothing to see here" concerning 15000 deaths. You both have a valid point but the elephant in the room is that Covid is not as deadly as they would lead you to believe and, just as all knowing Fauci said a year ago, masks are a virtue signal. It's stunning how quickly things get upside down here. :popcorn:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    :bash:You guys views aren't that much different but you're still going at it. This is just what the powers that be want, arguments on semantics. Same premise in the Cuomo scandal. Focus on the allegations of sexual harassment but "nothing to see here" concerning 15000 deaths. You both have a valid point but the elephant in the room is that Covid is not as deadly as they would lead you to believe and, just as all knowing Fauci said a year ago, masks are a virtue signal. It's stunning how quickly things get upside down here. :popcorn:
    "WINNING"

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I sure believe it's not deadly as some believe. because I've already had it along with my wife. We will both tell you we've had worse colds.

In fact if I hadn't taken a test, I would never have known.
    That's why someone telling me I live in fear is comical.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Not exactly. I'm saying to feel free to ignore any requests that YOU don't agree with but be prepared to leave, without argument, if asked. He's saying to feel free to ignore any requests that HE doesn't agree with but follow the requests that he DOES agree with. Big difference.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Utter quackery. There is a reason Alex Jones is pushing vitamins.

Yes, when you speak you spit on people, we all do. That is why we wear the mask to stop spitting on others and around things we touch, like door knobs, gas pump handles or counters.

Yes, the anti-maskers are snowflakes, unwilling to do their parts so they sputter nonsense about freedom and ryyyeeettts. Yeah, no, snowflake, you are not special.

People do not always know that they are positive for Covid-19. That is why we should act like we all have it and wear our masks as responsible citizens.
    :scratch: Advice to get plenty of vitamin D is coming from mainstream sources. Now I could see where you might have a reason to complain at the people who think it's like an impenetrable shield that makes them impervious to any bad germs. But equating people with Alex Jones is overreacting.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you don't leave when asked what would be the charge?

They are precisely related.

I'll go you one further. You don't post and I just let my dog do his business on your sidewalk until you tell me not to. That's OK in your world also. That's pathetic.
    You make a habit of going in opposite sex bathrooms until asked to quit doing so?

It's just a sign.
    images.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom