• ...and so much more!
  • kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    FOID card is only for residents of IL.

i'll dig up the IL code later..

Maybe I'm misundertanding, but what would an Illinois cop do to a Hoosier who was doing the fanny pack carry? Were you or were you not suggesting that the OP would be legal doing fanny pack carry? Maybe I misunderstood.

Also thanks for the IL code, I was unaware of that.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    central indiana
    Maybe I'm misundertanding, but what would an Illinois cop do to a Hoosier who was doing the fanny pack carry? Were you or were you not suggesting that the OP would be legal doing fanny pack carry? Maybe I misunderstood.

Also thanks for the IL code, I was unaware of that.

I was not suggesting fanny pack carry specifically, just that one did not have to keep the cased gun in the trunk..

If a non resident where to get stopped with fanny pack carry, it is possiblbe that a cop would arrest them.. but they could get arrested in Indiana even if they had a LTCH..
    would it lead to a conviction ?? I know of at least 2 cases of persons being arrested for fanny pack carry, both cases got thrown out by the judge. one was a fanny pack, one was a back pack.
    Both court cases used the section of code that states "unloaded and enclosed in a case"..
    The fanny pack fully encloses the gun.. so it counts..

I posted the section of code in reponse to the question that a non res needed a FOID card..

Top Bottom