• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Just put Continental PureContacts on the wife's Lexus RX, and ProContacts on my A4. The ones on the wife's RX are just slightly noisier than the OE Michelins and those were the quietest tires I have ever owned. Too bad they sucked for driving on even an inch of snow and only last 40K miles, oh yeah, and they cost $205 a tire.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    If you can go the cost Michelin is always a best buy, they are pricy but they are very long wearing, quiet, and if you do the math cost less per mile than most lesser brands.

Price being a big concern I am running F/S Destination E2 on my Ridgelilne now. they are very quiet and provide good traction.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    TireRack is your friend. Even if you buy somewhere else, they have unbeatable reviews that are great for making a decision.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My fiance said the dealership wants $185 a piece for the tires that are on hers now and they lasted about 40k. I am sure I can find quiet tires that are good cheaper then that.
    As with most things, a low price tag and a quality product do not go together. Additionally complicating things, a high price tag also does not automatically mean a quality product in tires. Finally, more mileage is typically a compromise on the performance characteristics as they typically have to use a harder rubber to get the extra miles. Whatever you are looking at, check out the reviews on TireRack. You can pretty easily pick the better options from the not so good options.

Good luck! I'm buying at least one set of tires next month and trying to avoid a second set. Oh and be happy you're not shopping for 255/50r19s :(

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I'm buying at least one set of tires next month and trying to avoid a second set. Oh and be happy you're not shopping for 255/50r19s :(

I visited TireRack last Saturday and left $2000 poorer. That was 3 vehicles mounted, balanced, plus tax, so i guess that's not so bad. As we were waiting, I told my wife, you know how many guns I could buy with that 2K? She said, hmmm, maybe one? But then you would need to buy ammo, a $300 flashlight, a different stock and front thingie(I assume that's wife talk for a handguard:dunno:) So basically, none.

All I could think was damn, she's onto me.:(

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I'm always a Micheline fan for not AT or MT needs...sams club had a $70 sale a while ago, not sure if they still do or not.

Cooper road tires are ok, not great...fairly noisy

Top Bottom