• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I got pulled over in fishers 2 weeks ago for window tint. I have 35% all the way around, which is right at the limit. but its Illegal to have your windshield tinted. No fix-it ticket yet, and since its expensive to get it removed ill just wait until I get one, After 6 years of the windows being tinted its the first time I've ever been stopped.

nirol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Co-worker got pulled over 2 months ago in Fishers and got a ticket for 20% tint. Had to go back to the shop to have 35% done on the front driver/passenger windows then present the receipt "in court". He'd had his tint done for about 2 weeks before pulled over. He said the cop had some device that measured the light through the window...never heard of such a thing.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    There are devices to measure the % of your tint. I do not think ever leo has this device or I am sure my old car would of had a number of tickets.

I still think 15-20% is the perfect range of tint for a car.

stack23

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2011
    NWI
    I've seen a handful of Dodge Charger police cars that had windows so dark you could not see anything inside.

Also read somewhere that if you go to the eye doctor and say your eyes are very sensitive to light there is some kind of waiver you can get signed and if you get pulled over just show the cops the piece of paper and you are on your way without a ticket. Not sure if Indiana does this :dunno:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I've seen a handful of Dodge Charger police cars that had windows so dark you could not see anything inside.

Also read somewhere that if you go to the eye doctor and say your eyes are very sensitive to light there is some kind of waiver you can get signed and if you get pulled over just show the cops the piece of paper and you are on your way without a ticket. Not sure if Indiana does this :dunno:

I have heard this as well and I think the IC was posted a page or 2 back that had this issue in there as well... but I have slept since then.:)

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I've had a black Grand Am with 5% and 30% on the entire windshield. NEVER AGAIN!!! never got pulled over, but could not see well. I have had 20% on sides and back window and found I like 15% which I think is really 17%. All my cars were tinted at Wax Werks in Castleton.

My sister has near limo tint on her car and it is hard to see out at night...

I have allways had legal... At night it is hard to see in but easy to see out.

Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I got pulled over in fishers 2 weeks ago for window tint. I have 35% all the way around, which is right at the limit. but its Illegal to have your windshield tinted. No fix-it ticket yet, and since its expensive to get it removed ill just wait until I get one, After 6 years of the windows being tinted its the first time I've ever been stopped.
    Any window except a rear defroster can be removed with ammonia windex and a razor blade scrapper. Not expensive at all.

My car was tinted 17% all the way around by a friend who is Richmond PD. He does ALL their cars and such. If your interested in a tint job by someone with over 15 years experience let me know and we could arrange something.

HPIM3660.jpg

HPIM3678.jpg

HPIM3712.jpg

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My Jetta GLI has 35% all the way around with a black interior and it's fine for me. The Corrados are 20% and while it looks better during the day they are harder to see out of at night. I've only been pulled over for tint and the guy held a card up to the glass to see if he could read it. Luckily it was on the legal car. ;)

Do cop car have to follow the law for tint? They all look as if they have Limo tint on them. :dunno:

Top Bottom