• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I just had my roof redone by a herd of Mexicans after a couple of bad hailstorms tore it up. House, garage, workshop all with completely new roofs, and these guys did a killer job. Showed up at 5 am, didn't leave until it was too dark to see, worked their butts off in between. Two days like that, and the whole thing is done.

Don't know if they were legal or not -- doesn't much matter to me, they worked harder than any crew of white boys I've ever seen, and did a better job than I would have done going the Home Depot route. None of them spoke English very well... hard to understand with their accents, but then again I didn't hire the company to send me people to chat with. What interaction I did have, they were extremely polite, very conscientious about picking up after themselves and keeping disruption to a minimum, and just all-around nice guys.

In fact, the only person I have a problem with was the white guy who set the whole thing up. No communication, missed appointments, didn't do the part of the job he was responsible for, and just generally didn't impress me. The company needs to fire him and promote one of the Mexicans (after sending him to a diction coach to work on his English, of course).

If this is what Mexico's got to offer, I say we need to start recruiting them from their home country.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    If only Mexcans were greeted in the same way as my ancestors (at least on my Mom's side) were. Here's a quote from the Statue of Liberty:

The New Colossus said:
    Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
    With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
    Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
    A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
    Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
    Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
    Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
    The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
    "Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
    With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
    Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
    Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I'm disgusted so many call to close the door and build a wall.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    Hey Fletch, nice story. Im willing to bet they are illegal.

You had great experiences, good. But I wonder how many Legal citizens you snuffed out of feeding they're children?

I wonder if you just funded some illegals to ship money back home, for drugs and other illegal activities.

You want to see what Mexico has to offer? Look at California.

Heck, Look at Mexico or anything south of our border. Not a place you'd even want to visit.

Just the way you look, you'd be a victim if you left the Westernized hotspots, like Cancun.
    I knew people who had to go in those regions and they are not a joke.

I appreciate the story, and Im happy that you had everything work out for YOU. But this is again, bigger than any-one man.

I wont be changing your mind, but I do voice my disagreement with it, entirely.

I hope you really believe you made the right choice, brother.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think this is a large factor driving the illegal immigration problem: Americans in the border states are hiring them to save the Americans money (employers do not pay benefits, insurance or taxes) by hiring illegal aliens and both the employer and the customer benefit. The employers demand that enforcement be eased and the customers, who benefit from the arrangement, do not complain.

The rub is that the rest of us have to pay the price to clean up the negative consequences of illegal immigration.

Who can blame Mexicans for fleeing in droves? Mexico is corrupt and utterly broken nation.

My solution: CIA funding for a revolution in Mexico.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    If only Mexcans were greeted in the same way as my ancestors (at least on my Mom's side) were. Here's a quote from the Statue of Liberty:

I'm disgusted so many call to close the door and build a wall.

I'm disgusted that most people can't distinguish between legal and illegal immigration, myself.

Ellis Island vs. the Sonora?

You REALLY want to go there, friend?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    I wish I lived closer so I could inspect it to see if it was to the manufactures specs.

Right now we are getting on the job at 6:30 and work until 12. At that time the roof is too hot to walk on with out damaging the shingles.

Oh an how it works, the white guy takes 70% of the money and your messicans get whats left.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    You had great experiences, good. But I wonder how many Legal citizens you snuffed out of feeding they're children?

None, likely. Were there not a surplus of opportunities to do crap work here, they wouldn't come.

What makes makes an American hungry child more deserving of food than a Mexican one?

I wonder if you just funded some illegals to ship money back home, for drugs and other illegal activities.

What is wrong with sending money home to support your family? Are Mexicans any more likely to do drugs or engage in other illegal activities than anyone else? Is it unethical to do drugs? Is an illegal activity the same as an unethical one?

List of U.S. states by GDP per capita (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

California is 10th from the top. Indiana is 10th from the bottom.

Heck, Look at Mexico or anything south of our border. Not a place you'd even want to visit.

Hey, look at where all the white people in America came from: Depression era Europe, Irish Potato Famine, WWII-era Europe.

They leave because it sucks where they are from. They wish to improve their situation and feed their families. They go to the land of opportunity, or at least, where there was once opportunity for hard-working people.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    They leave because it sucks where they are from. They wish to improve their situation and feed their families. They go to the land of opportunity, or at least, where there was once opportunity for hard-working people.
    so if my house sucks, i can kick in your door and take what i want, regardless of laws? anyone got a lcd/plasma larger than 50"? im looking to upgrade.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma

Zero. I hired a company to do a job. It is the responsibility of the company I hired to get the job done and follow all applicable laws, it's not my job to play HR department for them.

I said "I need my roof replaced", and we talked details regarding roofs and rainspouts and vents and flashing. I called the Better Business Bureau, and checked a couple of their references. We signed a contract, and the deal was on.

They showed up with a herd of Mexicans. I didn't specify "no Mexicans" in the contract, and I would not have done so. It doesn't matter to me whether the guy putting the shingles on is white, black, Chinese, Mexican, or a midget. What matters to me is that the roof gets replaced.

I'm pro-legalization on all drugs, so that doesn't much matter to me.

I'd rather look at my new roof.

I've been to Mexico. It's not a great place, but it's not that bad either. Around here, Mexico is the #1 destination for church missions trips. We have folks who take their family vacation time to go help build churches, schools, and houses in the rural wilds of Mexico. There are a ton of good people in Mexico.

Just the way you look, you'd be a victim if you left the Westernized hotspots, like Cancun.
    Experience tells me different. I won't deny that there's some nasty critters and very dangerous areas in Mexico, but then again the USA is #1 in the world for serial killers, and places like Chicago, New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Detroit, etc. aren't exactly wonderful places either.

I hope you really believe you made the right choice, brother.
    Well, the other choice was letting the roof continue to deteriorate after all the hail damage, so I'd say I did.

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    I'm disgusted that most people can't distinguish between legal and illegal immigration, myself.

Ellis Island vs. the Sonora?

You REALLY want to go there, friend?

That's essentially the difference. What was once legal is now illegal. It was once legal to leave a terrible place for a new opportunity in America. Now it is illegal. Thy put a tiny cap on how many people can come, and then they move those who are already doing the best to the front of the line (the educated and/or the rich). Why is it any less ethical now than before? If your only problem is that they are breaking the law, but you have no problem with the immigration itself, then the solution is to legalize the immigration. Why was it okay for my grandmother to flee WWII-era Netherlands, but it is illegal to flee poverty in Mexico? Why should it have been legal for someone to flee the Irish Potato Famine, but not the ongoing violence in the streets of Monterrey?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Immigration has always been legal.

Its the criminals (people that cross the border illegally) that we have the problem with.

Vasili

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2010
    Indiana
    That's essentially the difference. What was once legal is now illegal. It was once legal to leave a terrible place for a new opportunity in America. Now it is illegal. Thy put a tiny cap on how many people can come, and then they move those who are already doing the best to the front of the line (the educated and/or the rich). Why is it any less ethical now than before? If your only problem is that they are breaking the law, but you have no problem with the immigration itself, then the solution is to legalize the immigration. Why was it okay for my grandmother to flee WWII-era Netherlands, but it is illegal to flee poverty in Mexico? Why should it have been legal for someone to flee the Irish Potato Famine, but not the ongoing violence in the streets of Monterrey?

Uh... no.

It's one thing to avoid being slaughtered by a brutal mass murderer.

It's another to be lazy and to give up on your own home and native land just because things are bad, and to then violate the laws of and steal the jobs from another foreign, Sovereign nation.

That is NOT a true parallel and you know it. Don't strawman me, son, I've been strawmanned since before you were in diapers.

The Irish came in the legal route. Almost every single one of 'em, bless the dirty bastards. You're also over-exaggerating the requirements to emigrate here. Our citizenship requirements are some of the most lax in the world. Period. Go try to become a citizen of Switzerland, see how far that gets you. Or Canada, even. We even allow them to work here with proper papers.

Don't strawman and red herring me, I see right through your non-equivocative :bs: and raise you some truth.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    None, likely. Were there not a surplus of opportunities to do crap work here, they wouldn't come.

Keep telling yourself that. Money is money, and people will do whatever it takes.

It's the Company that desires the illegals, under pay them etc.

You support that, too?

What makes makes an American hungry child more deserving of food than a Mexican one?

Citizenship.

To be quite honest. Im not a Mexican patriot. I dont care about them, they're kids, or they're problems, furthermore I dont want to be involved with they're chaos.

America, comes first to me, and that includes it's people.

What is wrong with sending money home to support your family? Are Mexicans any more likely to do drugs or engage in other illegal activities than anyone else? Is it unethical to do drugs? Is an illegal activity the same as an unethical one?

Money funding equates to more illegals coming in.

Mexicans are more likely to retain the laws of they're own Nation, and it's culture that it's bred, look at Muslims from the middle east; They could careless about Western Laws.

Do you support criminal activity, friend?

List of U.S. states by GDP per capita (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

California is 10th from the top. Indiana is 10th from the bottom.

Apples and oranges.

California is in a unique location, which offers many economical benefits, that Indiana cannot compete with.

Hey, look at where all the white people in America came from: Depression era Europe, Irish Potato Famine, WWII-era Europe.

Google
    Si Te Cah
    . And then get back to me. You may even use wiki, tell me about those guys.:rolleyes:

By legal means, if I may add.

Someone from Europe is hardly comparable to someone from the Middle east, South America.

America's culture and heritage is from Europe; The philosophy and laws are founded upon European values.

Friday, June 5, 2009

What America and the West Owe Asatru

Here’s a quick list of twelve American institutions and traditions that have their origin in the tribal societies of pre-Christian Europe:

Trial by jury (dates back at least to the Vikings)

Right to bear arms (carried by all freemen)

Rights of women (declined drastically under Christianity)

Local democracy (local assemblies, or Things)

National representative republics (Iceland)

Anglo-Saxon Common Law (the “rights of Englishmen”)

System of “checks and balances” (structure of Germanic tribes included equivalent of an executive, a judicial, and a legislative branch)

Kings subject to law (common in pre-Christian times, before “divine right”)

Election of rulers (practiced by some tribes)

Resistance to tyrants (required under law in some cases)

Concept of free will (implied by Germanic concepts of time and causality)

Specific limits on the powers of kings and chiefs (by law)

Unfortunately, it can be argued that the pre-Christian Germanic heritage has been increasingly undermined with the passage of time as the power of government has grown at the expense of our rights.

Freedom, balanced with responsibility...It's a Teutonic thing!

Steve McNallen

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/runestone.og

Top Bottom