• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I got BFG A/T's on mine. Cheaper then the Toyos, should get tons of miles out of them. I have 20k on mine probably. They still look fine and ride great. I rotate religiously at 3000 miles though, I can tell when I get close as the front end feels loose.
    301322_10100760008843118_28819455_n.jpg

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Bfgs. I got 45k out of a set on my duramax. Have another set in 315/70/17 on h2 wheels. Good road manners. Not bad offload but not great in the mud.

Wesley929

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    NW INDY
    I looked at BFG's and Toyo's and ended up buying Goodyear Duratrac's for my wrangler. The duratrac's are the most aggressive looking AT I've ever seen and almost look like MT's but are much quieter than my buddies jeep with BFG's AT.

If you're stuck on BFG or Toyo go BFG but I recommend GoodYear's Duratrac.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    I looked at BFG's and Toyo's and ended up buying Goodyear Duratrac's for my wrangler. The duratrac's are the most aggressive looking AT I've ever seen and almost look like MT's but are much quieter than my buddies jeep with BFG's AT.

If you're stuck on BFG or Toyo go BFG but I recommend GoodYear's Duratrac.

Duratracs might be quieter in a jeep but on a Duramax truck they're noisier then my bfgs. Dad had a set of duratracs on his 08 dmax and they felt like he was ridin in jello very soft tires and my cousin had them in his 07 dmax and only got about 15k miles out of them. A guy that works for us still has a set on his dmax and they're about done and have 25-30k on them. Just FYI on the duratracs. Nitro terra grapplers are a decent at tire. I had a set on before I put these bfgs on and got 45k out of them. They have bigger blocks then the Bfgs and bite a little better in the mud. Good road manners but might be a shade noisier then the bfgs.

Here's the terra grappler

Nitto Part 200-000 - LT265/75R-16, Terra Grappler Tire

I actually bought my bfgs off the classifieds on Ingo.

Last edited:

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    4 Wheel Parts in the east side of Indy can get Toyo.

I didn't look at the duratracs. It has been a while since I looked at all, but when I looked the bfg's were the best value for a load range e tire. Not sure if load range e is a requirement for you but that might put a hamper on some of the other options.

Nitto makes a real nice tire, looked at them too, but they were quite a bit more expensive. The only tire I found to be cheaper was a Pro Comp AT. They are not a nice riding long lasting tire. I would avoid them. The cheapest tire that rides nice and lasts was the bfg. A lot of the others listed are fine tires but I found them to be more expensive.

Roscoe38

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Tires

Time to buy tires for my truck both are high I like both. What about the mileage.

Toyo is a harder compound and will go farther than "BFG if kept properly inflated.. I ran them both on my Off Roader..

BFG has a better bite... Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom