• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    bought a new t-3 tactical 223 i put a tasco titan japan 30mm scope seems to be a great scope any one have experience with this scope or gun?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    In my opinion, Tikkas are some of the best rifles on the market today. Even better when you figure in their "relatively" low cost.

As far as the scope... Eh, it's a Tasco. It will probably serve you just fine.

HOWEVER, if you really want to shoot at the extremes of the cartridge (400-500yds), then you will need better glass. Something that I've heard numerous times on a few different gun boards is "spend at least as much on the glass as you do the gun".

-J-

ETA: No slamming on Tasco; I own 2-3 of them myself for my .22 rifles.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i have leopolds, burris,redfield,well i have over 60 scopes ,this beats them all at least for me.its the only 30 mm i own i had it on a 270 interarms barrelled action w/fajen stock i took off the leopold vx11 and tried the titan the gun grouped better, and clearer at night but it is big so i put it on the tikka and that interarms 270 will be mine forever, i am not sure about the tikka yet but dont knock a tasco till you know where it came from.i would like to know othjer peoples thoughts on the titan not tascos in general ,in general i agree w/ most of you. thank you

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i bought the scope at gunstore in mooresville for forty dollars i gave a friend of mine ted an encore w/ two barrels and 275.00 at lebanon gun show. i am sure alot of guys would know ted that went to gun shows.he told me to let him know how it shot well if your out there ted it dosent group good 5 shots i can only find i can only one and a half bullet holes.wonder where those others went?

trenter33

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Fishers
    I just bought a Tikka T3 SS Laminate stock in .308. Put a silver Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 on it. Can't wait to shoot it for the first time next week.

Top Bottom