• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Are they all their cracked up to be? I'm getting a trainer .22lr for my .308, even though my .308 isn't a thumb hole it got me thinking.

What do you think?

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Stockies or boyds. I like t-hole stocks as long as I am not replacing a piece of real walnut. If it has good walnut I will deal without the thumbole. If it is plastic or synthetic I would go to laminate and thumbhole unless very light weight was needed.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I have a Boyd's on my 10/22. I like it quite a bit. The only think I don't love about it is that my fingers are a little short, so getting to the trigger is a bit of stretch.

sptland

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Howe, IN
    Anyone know of a good source for aftermarket LEFT HAND stocks? I believe Savage has started making a factory LH thumbhole stock but I haven't seen them anywhere!!!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a Revolution Yukon thumbhole stock on my 10/22 and I think I prefer it over the standard grip.

sptland: Revolution does all of their stocks in both RH and LH.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Anyone know of a good source for aftermarket LEFT HAND stocks? I believe Savage has started making a factory LH thumbhole stock but I haven't seen them anywhere!!!

I have not seen very many left had stocks except on the high grade guns like the anschutz ect.

I guess I should put it on sales but I have a left hand anschutz full blown stock with all the hardware and stuff for a 54 actions,

I'll get pictures if anyone is interested

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I have a boyds thumbhole on my howa, it is comfortable to hold. I am not sure weather it is the stock or if its the heavy barrel or I figure both, but it is a heavy dude. It is going to get a bipod.
    my 700 with no T/H and not heavy Brl. is rediculously lighter.....

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Savage does make them with their Mark II package, and Tactical Innovations is another source at the 1500 (IIRC), I only know this, as I shoot left eyed as well.

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Just put a Boyds thumbhole on my Ruger MKII 77 223 and it is sweet!! Thinking about spicing up the scope on it a bit with either a Nikon Coyote Special, or a new Redfield 4-12x40. Boyds has some nice stuff and I went with the Nutmeg color and they have an extra swivel mount for the bipod and it's just an all around well made stock for around $100.

BOYDS The World's Foremost Supplier of Hardwood Gunstocks.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    My TC Omega came with a thumbhole stock and I wasn't sure at first. After shooting it for a while I love it. Very good control. Since this weapon is used for stationary shots from a tree stand it works great. I don't think I would like a thumbhole stock on a bird hunting gun as I don't feel that you can get the gun into position for a wing shot as fast. I understand we may be comparing apples and oranges here but thought it was worthwhile anyway. Of course this is just my opinion.

Top Bottom