• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    If any of the other teachers just stood by and watched her beat the kid like that they need to be delt with too!!

That's another thing that makes me wonder about the vid. I'm starting to feel that anything you see anymore is only the tip of the truth. :dunno:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Agreed that it is uncalled for.

But not sure that the kid might have just mouthed off.

I know I'm old, but apparently times have changed pretty dramatically. Several of my wife's students have been in jail. I believe she has 8 or 9 that are currently on probation (not academic probation, but criminal court probation). Several of her students have violent criminal records. Several have served time for drug sales/distribution. Several have been caught with weapons, several have been involved in fights in school where there were injuries severe enough to send someone to a hospital. One student threatened to shoot my wife's dog.

These are 14 year old freshman that I am talking about.

This is not an inner city school with gang-bangers and graffitti problems. This is a semi-suburban/rural school with lots of farm kids, plus kids who's parents commute up to the city/suburbs for their jobs. Its solidly middle class, not hard hit by the economic downturn, not hard hit by the home foreclosure mess. This is a pretty stable small community of roughly 9500 residents out beyond the rim of the suburban sprawl.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I don't give 2 :poop: whether the kid was in the wrong or not. The ONLY thing that would make this OK is if that boy was trying to physically harm someone.
    The kids laughing at the girl dancing is obviously a stupid, ignorant move (that I blame the parents for)...but he didn't deserve this kind of beating/punishment.
    You don't even want to know how I'd react if THAT boy were my child. There would be HELL to pay in numerous varieties.

That being said, MY CHILD is being raised to NOT make fun of people. No matter what the circumstances are. And if I ever found out she was...She'd have to deal with me...NOT a ghetto teacher that can't keep her pants up.

We wonder why this world is a violent and ignorant place...Look who we've got TEACHING our children.

This. Makes. Me. Sick.

LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Any teacher EVER touches any of my kids like that for any reason short of a brutal attack on someone (NOT BEING RACIST) I'd make the Rodney King beating look like a slap on the wrist.

thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    It was probably a good thing that it happened at a charter school. Shame it did happen but it if happened at a public school the administration would have probably had to go through hell and all sorts of steps to fire her while the teachers union fought them every step of the way.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    WOW! I heard about this from the guys at work today but it's nice to be able to see it on video. What to say??? She must have cracked - it would be interesting to really know what the circumstances were leading to the beating. Sometimes I have days when I feel like taking on the whole world in an *** kickin match but you just can't condone beating the crap out of a kid like that. I'm all for more discipline in the class room but Dang!

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    I don't give 2 :poop: whether the kid was in the wrong or not. The ONLY thing that would make this OK is if that boy was trying to physically harm someone.
    The kids laughing at the girl dancing is obviously a stupid, ignorant move (that I blame the parents for)...but he didn't deserve this kind of beating/punishment.
    You don't even want to know how I'd react if THAT boy were my child. There would be HELL to pay in numerous varieties.

That being said, MY CHILD is being raised to NOT make fun of people. No matter what the circumstances are. And if I ever found out she was...She'd have to deal with me...NOT a ghetto teacher that can't keep her pants up.

We wonder why this world is a violent and ignorant place...Look who we've got TEACHING our children.

This. Makes. Me. Sick.

:+1:

Can't even begin to say what I would be very tempted to do if that was my son.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    well if your son is laughing at/trying to fight retarded girls, id hope youd do something similar to what the teacher did. maybe to both of them at the same time?

Of course he would be punished. He got a "blistering", as he put it last night, for having to serve detention today.

He will not be a bully. If he is standing up for someone we'll deal with that differently. To bully will bring the rath of the paint stick down hard and heavy.

After I go buy a new one since I broke the other one last night. :): The dogs had gotten a hold of it and it was a bit weak from being chewed on.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I agree with you. I'm just saying that condemning the teacher to death by incineration is a bit extreme without knowing the full details.

LOL, I agree that we have a lot of judge, jury and executioners in here that condemn someone to death before getting all of the facts, but the attitudes(via audio) of the kids is clearly an indication of the severity of what he did.

well if your son is laughing at/trying to fight retarded girls, id hope youd do something similar to what the teacher did. maybe to both of them at the same time?

1. The teacher is the only one saying he was trying to fight a mentally challenged girl.

2. My son will be raised exactly how I was...If Xander were to ever make fun of a mentally challenged peer(or anyone for that matter) he would face the worst punishment he has ever seen...But punching him in the face and kicking him in his ribs would not be involved; not to mention it was done by some dumb **** that's not his parent.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    1. The teacher is the only one saying he was trying to fight a mentally challenged girl.

2. My son will be raised exactly how I was...If Xander were to ever make fun of a mentally challenged peer(or anyone for that matter) he would face the worst punishment he has ever seen...But punching him in the face and kicking him in his ribs would not be involved; not to mention it was done by some dumb **** that's not his parent.

-well, theres two sides to every story, and from my experiences, people rarely lose their mind and go bat-**** crazy for no good reason. not saying this incident isnt one of those occasions, but...

-my dad used to get creative with my beatings, although i dont remember ever getting one for "bullying". he usually had better things to beat me for. i dont recall him ever using his fists though. ive only got a daughter at the moment, and i cant even bring myself to swat her on her diaper. i let her mom handle discipline.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Funny how people always seem to bend over backwards to defend the perpetrators. When somebody gives up, you quit. Hell, even my dog knows that.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    -my dad used to get creative with my beatings, although i dont remember ever getting one for "bullying". he usually had better things to beat me for. i dont recall him ever using his fists though. ive only got a daughter at the moment, and i cant even bring myself to swat her on her diaper. i let her mom handle discipline.

Ditto.

I have a son who can be a complete hellion and I waited over 5 years before I swatted him.

It actually just recently happened. It was probably too hard and I felt like a sack of :poop: after I did it...

Mom gets to handle any other (physical) discipline from here on out.

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I just saw they said the teacher that was doing the beating is on fox news tonight, and is going to be talking........ I am also in arizona so I'm 3 hours behind indianapolis time, but it should be on one of the news stations there.....

Top Bottom