• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    LOL, if it was my lady, no need for me to even leave the vehicle. She's fully capable of handling such a situation (think: Riggs wife Lorna {Rene Russo} in the "Lethal Weapon" sequels). ;)
    And if she's in 'that mood', hell, even I'M leaving! :lmfao:

[video=youtube;qmhzDZk9w4I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmhzDZk9w4I[/video]

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Why participate in a shoving match? Leave that stuff to the kids and the hot heads. Especially if you're carrying a gun, you have to walk away. Control the emotions. Be cool. Just walk away. You win. If you draw in that situation, you just lost a lot more than your cool.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I think it would have been better to say something to the guy but, try to avoid the physical confrontation.

What would you say that would improve the situation, make some kind of difference, and not just escalate it? I'm interested in your solution.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Next time OC 5 big guys. Old fashion rumbles are what make us truly American. If possible, take the fight into a bar. To the guy who beats people to death with bare (bear) hands for messing with pregnant girl friend? The fetus is watching.
    A better way to handle the situation would be to compare dick size. (Out of sight of the fetus).

Conner85

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Princeton
    Hmm..

My bad. I was giving my opinion from my perspective.. if the situation was a little worse than his friend's. In my case, my girlfriend is pregnant. If shoved hard enough, she could fall on a hard surface, or into a hard or sharp object, which could lead to serious problems with the pregnancy. I guess I should have added that into my last post, if it would matter.

No need in bashing or telling me I shouldn't carry. And why would I want to edit my last post? Who cares if it was quoted 50 times?

As far as me trying to sound like a bad ass, or being a "keyboard killa", I'm not the one telling people to "STFU" or busting a key behind a keyboard. And yes, it is possible to kill someone with your bare hands, without a gun. But not once did I say all I needed was my bare hands. Ever heard of snapping someone's neck? Or bouncing their head on pavement like a basketball? What about punching them hard in the throat?

Put yourself in the "imaginary situation" I fabricated out of his friend's situation (added the pregnancy in), and then tell me if your answer is the same.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    As far as me trying to sound like a bad ass, or being a "keyboard killa", I'm not the one telling people to "STFU" or busting a key behind a keyboard. And yes, it is possible to kill someone with your bare hands, without a gun. But not once did I say all I needed was my bare hands. Ever heard of snapping someone's neck? Or bouncing their head on pavement like a basketball? What about punching them hard in the throat?

Oy.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hmm..

My bad. I was giving my opinion from my perspective.. if the situation was a little worse than his friend's. In my case, my girlfriend is pregnant. If shoved hard enough, she could fall on a hard surface, or into a hard or sharp object, which could lead to serious problems with the pregnancy. I guess I should have added that into my last post, if it would matter.

No need in bashing or telling me I shouldn't carry. And why would I want to edit my last post? Who cares if it was quoted 50 times?

Put yourself in the "imaginary situation" I fabricated out of his friend's situation (added the pregnancy in), and then tell me if your answer is the same.

Pushing someone down is battery. However, to involve yourself (other than a few choice words) the battery needs to be ongoing. That qualifies your active defense. I'm not knocking you, 'cause I know I'd probably be the first guy trying to get at a guy who intentionally injured my pregnant wife (that's just the way men tend to be hardwired), however you do need to know the legalities of attacking a person who is no longer a threat. Personally, if I was on a jury, and you punched ( not shot) a guy who pushed down your wife, I'd vote to acquit.

nickf2005

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    Indianapolis
    What happens when you begin beating said guys head into the ground, he feels his life is threatened, pulls his own firearm, and shoots/kills you? All over him being a button and rude? Your unborn child now grows up without his/her father.

Unless this guy shoves AND begins hitting or kicking, your best bet is to avoid confrontation and call the cops.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The internet is abound with people who talk big, but beating someone to death with your hands is not the easy, simple, Jean Claude Van Damme glorious act you think it will be. Not to mention, even if you are capable of bludgeoning someone to death with those deadly weapons you call hands, you are at that point an attacker and your victim or friends would be within the folds of legality to intercede and attempt to stop you with equal force. Think about the bigger picture and grow up.

I advise you stop carrying immediately. Until you can control your own emotions and temper, carrying a firearm with your mindset will only bring you and your family trouble/pain/heartache.

bolded the important parts. When will boys learn that throwin' fists because your honor was tarnished is not what makes a man?

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.

No, it's not. What makes a man a man is being able to dump his "pride" and move along, letting things go. It took me a long time to learn that. Your wife getting bumped going into a store by someone on their way out is NEVER a reason to get out of your vehicle and initiate a confrontation, carrying or not. Grow up.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I am far too delicate and genteel to get involved in such matters over minor slights. That goes doubly so for being far, FAR too delicate and genteel to reside in a penitentiary for ill-advised actions.

Defend yourself to the best of your ability using the means available . . . when necessary. Go on about your life when the situation does not warrant such actions.

This policy is much easier to implement for us old, weak, fragile guys. I understand the drive to assert yourself when you are young and strong, but keep in mind your ultimate goals before situations arise where you have to decide what actions to take.

Archer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "No need in bashing or telling me I shouldn't carry."

-Actually, I thought there was a need. That's why I said something. Because if someone accidentally bumps into your woman, by your own admission you will try to see them dead. The reason why you are feeling as though people are bashing on you is because most here at INGO understand the solemnity and responsibility that goes into carrying a firearm. That kind of emotionally driven tough-guy talk will get you the responses that it did every time.

"I'm not the one telling people to "STFU" or busting a key behind a keyboard."

-You're not using a keyboard?

"And yes, it is possible to kill someone with your bare hands, without a gun. But not once did I say all I needed was my bare hands. "

-Um, yeah, you kinda did:

Regardless of the law, anyone shoving a pregnant girl out of the way for any reason needs to be dead. I wouldn't have needed a gun. I would have beat him to death...."Responsible citizen" or not, anyone laying a hand on anyone I love can and will turn me into a citizen that just doesn't care how the law restricts certain actions to protect my family.

As others have stated, what makes a man a man is the ability to stow your temper and control yourself for the good of your family. I get that you feel protective, but you need to look at the bigger picture.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Hmm..

Yeah, this didn't help at all....

i just had a "things you post on the interwebz...." talk with my teenage son a few days ago (one of thousands of such talks actually). What is great about your postings is that I can now use them as examples for him to see what will follow him for the rest of his life and will be shown to the world should he have to act in any type of incident in which he has to make a big boy decision on what to do.

The person who said to STFU was giving you some very good advice...

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    ... A better way to handle the situation would be to compare dick size. (Out of sight of the fetus).
    Uh, wouldn't the fetus already kinda 'know' what Dad's looked like, anyway? :lmfao:

As for Connor: My friend, what concerns me in your initial statement about your pregnant girlfriend, and the subsequent follow-up, is what I DIDN'T read: Nowhere in your commentary, either time, did you address your first and only responsibility, going to the immediate assistance of your pregnant girlfriend.

You planning on just leaving her laying on the pavement or floor while you go 'teach this guy a lesson'? :scratch:

Or, maybe, while you're busy 'straightening the guy out' to 'prove your point', some good gentleman will be a bit more chivalric, help her up, and make sure she's alright?

Oh, and btw, who would that good gentleman be? Probably her new boyfriend, the one that showed he actually cared about her and not his own ego.

Welcome to the 'world of women'! Just sayin'... ;)

Last edited:

scoutsniper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.5%
    29   2   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Connersville
    Nah man screw that grab your glock and slap a 30rd stick mag in and spray those fools. make sure to pop a cap in each ones ass. no one bumps my women and lives to talk about it.

apply purple where needed lol.

sorry couldnt resist but like everyone said swallowing pride can be a ***** sometimes but needs to be done. if theres actually harm done call police and protect dont confront.

Top Bottom