• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Hahaha yes i am here for you to pay my bills.. Thats ok with you, right??

If you really think that illegal immigrants and welfare cheats are the root of all of our problems, then you need to stop drinking the kool-aid / tea. You are being played for a sucker by our corporate overlords.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I bet the Obamas laugh knowing that they consume so much hatred from so many knowing there's not a damn thing they can do about it.

GlockPaperScissors

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2012
    South Bend, IN
    Notice Michelle does not have her hand over her heart? Notice her sulking face?
    Notice the arrogance of his face.
    The picture was taken on Veteran's day 2011.

moredisdain.jpg

moredisdain2.jpg

I'm pretty sure the majority of us here did not vote for The Messiah. I honestly think someone told him to pose because they were about to take a picture.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    You are correct, the article was posted by Ted, not you. I stand corrected.

So...now that we've got the tiny little stuff taken care of, I trust the way has been cleared for a substantive response to the remainder?

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    The people that voted for Romney voted for a version of Obama that couldn't beat Obama. People that voted for principles voted opposite of Romney or Obama. Blame your favorite letter for not putting up a winning candidate. That is who you should have beef with. Obama has a pitiful approval rating and the Republicans can't find a candidate that can win? Nope, can't be their fault.

It was all about the numbers-getting out the vote!

So, approximately 1 out of 5 registered voters showed up at the polls this election cycle. One party got more voters to perform the exercise.

I'll never understand, or appreciate the people that don't register to vote, or those that don't bother to vote-who are properly registered. :dunno: And, yes, Mr. Romney would have won if 'enough' of the already-registered Republicans had bothered to show up, and vote for him.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    It was all about the numbers-getting out the vote!

So, approximately 1 out of 5 registered voters showed up at the polls this election cycle. One party got more voters to perform the exercise.

I'll never understand, or appreciate the people that don't register to vote, or those that don't bother to vote-who are properly registered. :dunno: And, yes, Mr. Romney would have won if 'enough' of the already-registered Republicans had bothered to show up, and vote for him.

Don't worry, Bloomberg will motivate the republican faithful. Bloomberg/Boehner 2016!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Starts off defending Michelle Obama...from a flawed position...then ends with an editorial on black alienation bookmarked from four years ago?

Very telling.

I still want to know what is so telling and what exactly is being told?

You said that was a great article. But I read it, and I didn't see that it was all that great (ok political commentary...but nothing great). I'm having a hard time seeing what was so great about it, that would cause someone to remember it after four years...unless they agree and/or identify with the sentiments being attributed to Mrs. Obama in it. Which I assumed you did (after all, America did a whole lot of really great things before 1991 and/or 2008 - and although I'm not proud of every single thing this country has done, neither do I need some intense, personal "conversion experience" to understand the noble greatness represented in this nation's past).

I didn't post the article, so why would you assume I identify with Mrs. Obama's position? What could have happened in America's past for which you are not proud? Why were you not proud?

As for Mrs. Obama, it's possible she slipped and simply wasn't thinking about what she was saying (it happens to everyone sometimes), or she was taken out of context. I do know she wasn't misquoted, because I heard the film clip myself at the time, and it was reminiscent of the recent Dick Mourdock debate debacle - it sounded like a very well thought-out statement, not at all like a slip or misquote. What I do know, is that normal First Ladies understand the importance of the position they occupy with regard to the United States of America, and don't make comments like that, without some kind of clarification.

What was wrong with the comment other than the fact that you disagree? Now, do you disagree with anyone having the gaul to say it or because of the person who said it?

So what I'm left to gather from Mrs. Obama's comments, is that she represents some kind of "America has a history of injustice and I feel alienated from it" type of viewpoint. And when someone comes on here and defends her, stating that they themselves weren't proud of their country until some (apparently) arbitrary and recent date in history, the significance of which is left to the imagination...I can only assume you agree with it, too, without further clarification.

You assume a lot without any facts. You have never spoken to me face-to-face. You know nothing about my politics or they kind of man I am. You stated that you were not proud of everything that has happened in our history. Neither am I. I became proud of America when I entered the Army. Eventually, I discovered that I was a part of something that brought those years of history into context for me. No, I was not "proud" of America just because some teacher said that I should be proud of those select few who chose to fight against the British and take them on at the Battle of Gettysburg. I wasn't proud because of those brave men who invaded Normandy, fought at Iwo Jima or the Tet Offensive. I had nothing to do with any of that. However, in 1991 I was a part of something that meant a great deal to the world; that demonstrated the strength of a great country. And even though my part was VERY small, the men and women who comprised the force to take on our enemy were able to put aside every difference that existed and we fought against our enemy as a country. That was the moment I became proud of America. So, being able to place a stamp on the day I realized a sense of pride in America places me in a position to agree with the First Lady. Now, since you have your answer, please tell me when you became proud of America and why.

So I'm just connecting the dots here. I've been wrong before, so if I've erred and over-analyzed this, I beg instruction and correction. Unlike Mrs. Obama, I've always been proud of my country, warts and all, and I didn't need to receive any sort of personal aggrandizement from the enterprise to recognize and identify with that greatness. And - I especially don't understand what a Princeton-educated woman who was given a $300+k patronage job, and (later) took extensive and lavish vacations at taxpayer expense, can possibly have in the way of a reason to be not proud of it.

Or why anyone else would feel motivated to even attempt to defend her statement. Please enlighten me?

What has happened in your life to give you this sense of pride in America that you've always had? Is this something you were born with or did you become enlightened at some point? It's hard for me to fathom a little baby who is aware of his pride in America. The reasons you posted as to why the First Lady should be proud of America seem to be based on jealousy, but I'm sure that's an error on my part.

I'm defending the statement because she is free to make it and not wast time posting drivel directed at a ghost who will never read it, just like you are free to disagree with her and post everything that pleases you and helps you sleep at night.

You are correct, the article was posted by Ted, not you. I stand corrected.

So...now that we've got the tiny little stuff taken care of, I trust the way has been cleared for a substantive response to the remainder?

Although you are failing in your attempt to question my principles, based on flawed assumptions, from what position am I being asked to answer those questions? I'm only connecting the dots at this point and believe the article has nothing to do with your reasoning for addressing those questions to me, since Ted was the one that posted the article. Since you continue to address the questions to me, I will be happy to answer, but the dots are painting a strange picture.

I hope my response was substantive and I await your answers of equal value.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    The people that voted for Romney voted for a version of Obama that couldn't beat Obama. People that voted for principles voted opposite of Romney or Obama. Blame your favorite letter for not putting up a winning candidate. That is who you should have beef with. Obama has a pitiful approval rating and the Republicans can't find a candidate that can win? Nope, can't be their fault.

It was not the candidate...if a monkey is giving away enough free stuff he will be voted for.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Well, I certainly did not vote for these fools. Maybe, only if we are lucky, after this next four years is over with, they will move to China and see how that attitude of hers fits when she shows that same disrespect for their flag huh? I do not understand these kinds of people. It is that very flag, that she hates so much because at one time her people were enslaved here, that gives her the freedom to show such disrespect.

There are other countries on this planet, where if she tried that, she and her family would either be put to death or at least thrown in prison. I just can't wait until this next four years is over with.:n00b:

She should feel pride that her ancestors were slaves and endured such hardships and became Americans...if not her ass would be sitting in a hut in Africa.

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    She should feel pride that her ancestors were slaves and endured such hardships and became Americans...if not her ass would be sitting in a hut in Africa.

And the true voice of conservative America has spoken. The GOP should use this ideology when they reach out to the African-American voters.

How could anyone vote for Obama? Just one look at the number of nasty racist (or at least extremely ignorant) comments on this board that go unchecked sends me running away from the GOP.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Your question of pinpointing the exact moment one became proud of America is an interesting one. I was cleaning out some stuff this weekend and found an old letter I wrote to some members of our Legion post. That would have been when I was 16 or 17, and from reading it I can definitely say my thoughts on the subject were well-developed at that point. For me, the fact the country fought tyranny, and that it was able to be founded on principles of freedom without having to go through a progression of despots and feudal lords and the like first, before arriving in its modern state, was a pretty great and unique thing. (I suspect the Indians wouldn't agree).

Thanks for your service. That clears up a lot. It sounds like you would have been about, early twenties, I'm guessing, when the moment came for you? Well, that's a heck of a lot younger than Mrs. Obama. Because when she said the words, "...For the first time in my life..." she was pushing her mid-forties in age. Doesn't that seem a trifle odd to you? Doesn't it sound a little different from your own experience? Exactly what is in that, that you feel so compelled to defend?

So, it's just a little hard to understand why anyone would identify with...ok, not necessarily identify with...but agree with...ok, not agree with, but "be in a position to agree with," and/or defend those comments. Remember, nobody is disputing her right to say it in a free country, just that they seem like a pandering, resentful comment coming from someone who's enjoyed what appears to be a pretty decent life, and is in a position to represent the nation to the world.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    And the true voice of conservative America has spoken. The GOP should use this ideology when they reach out to the African-American voters.

How could anyone vote for Obama? Just one look at the number of nasty racist (or at least extremely ignorant) comments on this board that go unchecked sends me running away from the GOP.

Walter Williams, a black economics professor has stated that he is glad that his ancestors were brought here from Africa. IMO a black person, or ANY person, has more opportunity here than anywhere else.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Walter Williams, a black economics professor has stated that he is glad that his ancestors were brought here from Africa. IMO a black person, or ANY person, has more opportunity here than anywhere else.

Quit hitting Tsigos with truth, you will shatter his worldview. :twocents:

MarineOne

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I'll just leave this here...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKLr1EQpqIo

This one will definitely be a new one for me....I am not one to defend anything that the Obamas say or do.

However, the record needs to be set straight as far as this video goes. Michelle Obama does not say, "All this for a damn flag." What she really says is "How pretty they fold that flag," speaking about the United States Marines folding the flag at the 9/11 Memorial.

Please don't take this as excusing her from what she should be doing during our national anthem.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Just so we are clear, are you referring to the article that Ted posted? If so, you will need to ask Ted what he thought was so great about it that he remembered it after four years. That was my first time reading it. If so, I won't bother answering the rest of your comments since they are not directed at me.

Michelle Obama:
    • Attended public school in Chicago and excelled academically, being accepted into gifted programs and the city's first magnet school.
    • Alumni of both Princeton and Harvard Law, who's brother also attended Princeton.
    • Has held both prominent and well paying positions since passing the bar to private law practice, Chicago government, U of Chicago, and private business.
    • 6 digit yearly salary, that includes investment and royalty income.
    • Both daughters have attended private schools from the beginning of their academic careers.
    • Husband is an alum of Occidental and Columbia for his undergrad, and Harvard law.
    • Husband held both prominent and well paying positions in private law practice, U of Chicago Law, the Illinois Senate, as well as the U.S. Senate.
    • Home has an estimated value of $1.5 million at the time of purchase in 2005.
    Despite all this, she "wasn't proud" of her country until her husband became her country's President. It strikes me that Michelle Obama is just another, and quite typical, limousine liberal....with the twist of being an angry person.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Your question of pinpointing the exact moment one became proud of America is an interesting one. I was cleaning out some stuff this weekend and found an old letter I wrote to some members of our Legion post. That would have been when I was 16 or 17, and from reading it I can definitely say my thoughts on the subject were well-developed at that point. For me, the fact the country fought tyranny, and that it was able to be founded on principles of freedom without having to go through a progression of despots and feudal lords and the like first, before arriving in its modern state, was a pretty great and unique thing. (I suspect the Indians wouldn't agree).

Thanks for your service. That clears up a lot. It sounds like you would have been about, early twenties, I'm guessing, when the moment came for you? Well, that's a heck of a lot younger than Mrs. Obama. Because when she said the words, "...For the first time in my life..." she was pushing her mid-forties in age. Doesn't that seem a trifle odd to you? Doesn't it sound a little different from your own experience? Exactly what is in that, that you feel so compelled to defend?

So, it's just a little hard to understand why anyone would identify with...ok, not necessarily identify with...but agree with...ok, not agree with, but "be in a position to agree with," and/or defend those comments. Remember, nobody is disputing her right to say it in a free country, just that they seem like a pandering, resentful comment coming from someone who's enjoyed what appears to be a pretty decent life, and is in a position to represent the nation to the world.

Twangbanger, I am not "defending" Michelle Obama because our skin complexion is similar. I am not "defending" her because she is a Democrat; I am a Libertarian. I am simply identifying with her comment from my own life experience and according to your post, you can identify with it, as well. Some could ask why it took 16 years for you to gain a sense of pride in America.

These are the kind of posts that can go on for a long time, but if you start a thread about real solutions -- not one-liner insults or snide remarks -- there will probably be 10-12 comments and then it would die out. Whether you/we like it or not, for the next four years the Obamas will be in the White House. In 2016 it's up for grabs and I plan to do the work it takes to make the Libertarian Party a viable force in 2014 and 2016. What will you do leading up to 2016 to make things better?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    This one will definitely be a new one for me....I am not one to defend anything that the Obamas say or do.

However, the record needs to be set straight as far as this video goes. Michelle Obama does not say, "All this for a damn flag." What she really says is "How pretty they fold that flag," speaking about the United States Marines folding the flag at the 9/11 Memorial.

Please don't take this as excusing her from what she should be doing during our national anthem.

I hope you are joking. :n00b:
    Where did you get that line of ****?
    From the comments section on youtube?

Let's put this in a better perspective.
    Hypothetical.

Say we are all together at an INGO event.
    You are across from me at the campfire telling a story about how your grandfather
    was the inspiration for you becoming the man you are today.

I am across from you next to another member and am looking
    at you and shaking my head, rolling my eyes, frowning and
    leaning over to the other member running ****.

What would you think?

Top Bottom