• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fullauto 45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   1
    Dec 27, 2008
    SE Indy
    Notice Michelle does not have her hand over her heart? Notice her sulking face?
    Notice the arrogance of his face.
    The picture was taken on Veteran's day 2011.

moredisdain.jpg

moredisdain2.jpg

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wasn't that over a year ago? Besides, I don't think anyone voted for Michelle Obama. But, in this photo, were they reciting the Pledge of Allegiance? Was it the National Anthem? If so, it is a relatively new act to place one's hand over their heart during the National Anthem; I don't do it either, unless I am wearing a cap, which I do place over my heart.

Noticing the sailor behind the President, I assume it was the National Anthem. I see a few people who do not have their hands over their hearts, which is not wrong.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Besides, I don't think anyone voted for Michelle Obama.
    Not yet.....not yet. Michelle is the New Hillary.

The only issue this stuff does for me is continue to remind me when she said she was finally proud to be an American. Yeah, she cashed all those checks but now she is proud. For me she is the new Jane Fonda.

I will give Big O the benefit of the doubt, but I can't look at him and not think "arrogant SOB." If he would quit striking that intentional GD nose up pose maybe I could get over it? Probably not.

Like Hillary, Michelle is the true disaster looming on our horizon. Senator or Governor of Illinois, which will she choose? I say Senator. Governors are true leaders and have to work for their pay.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Not yet.....not yet. Michelle is the New Hillary.

The only issue this stuff does for me is continue to remind me when she said she was finally proud to be an American. Yeah, she cashed all those checks but now she is proud. For me she is the new Jane Fonda.

I will give Big O the benefit of the doubt, but I can't look at him and not think "arrogant SOB." If he would quit striking that intentional GD nose up pose maybe I could get over it? Probably not.

Like Hillary, Michelle is the true disaster looming on our horizon. Senator or Governor of Illinois, which will she choose? I say Senator. Governors are true leaders and have to work for their pay.

I've heard this argument a whole lot. Were you born being proud of America? Well, I wasn't. For some, as Americans we have so much that we really don't appreciate it. For others, they may have never experienced anything that would cause them to be proud of America. What's wrong with that? I remember the day I was finally proud to be an American and it didn't happen after reading the history books provided in elementary school.

I'm sure many look at the President and say, "arrogant SOB." It's nothing new and most likely will never change, whether he's in the White House or not.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Here's a proud gaggle of Americans.

images

I routinely see professional athletes talking amongst themselves, bee bopping around, etc.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    No, No it isn't. I didn't vote for his dictatorship.

But what do you expect from the "People's President" though. You know the people who want everything for free becasue they are entitled to the money you and I worked hard for? It doesn't surprise me one bit. He is disrespectful to everything about this country. I mean the constitution is just an old outdated piece of paper so I'm sure the flag is just an old outdated piece of thread to them both as well.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    For others, they may have never experienced anything that would cause them to be proud of America. What's wrong with that?
    What is wrong with that is Ignorance is no excuse.

If she wants to plead ignorance, then I would argue that is why it is so easy to be her and **** away our freedoms. I guess it would be very easy to ignore the simple fact human behavior is predictable and history repeats itself..................if no one taught you that AND you don't read books.

When has ignorance ever been a defensible excuse?

If you have no pride in your country how did you raise your children? Black kids can't read in 2012, Would MLK be proud of that? He fought for Equality of Education. He knew the power of the word, both written and spoken, yet today kids are willing give up that Right. How in the hell is that even happening? Perhaps it has to do with having no pride in anything?

My Family experienced death due to religion, war, persecution, concentration camps, KKK beatings. In each case, one group took pride in their beliefs, others died for it. I have no clue how any of my Jewish, Black, Gay, Immigrant friends or otherwise goes through life unarmed? How does this come to be?

I think it is a dangerous world when you try to separate pride from freedom and define what it means for all people. There is no such thing as a perfect place, people or religion. Take away the opiate of the masses and now have them pray at the alter of our Government? Now you can take pride in what is right and good? Family, God and Country, in that order for me.

Michelle was born free, lived free and prospered yet she was not proud of our country, not at all until her Husband was elected President? How does this come to be?

I am only taking her at her word and that is how I judge all people. I am not convinced she does the same.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What is wrong with that is Ignorance is no excuse.

If she wants to plead ignorance, then I would argue that is why it is so easy to be her and **** away our freedoms. I guess it would be very easy to ignore the simple fact human behavior is predictable and history repeats itself..................if no one taught you that AND you don't read books.

When has ignorance ever been a defensible excuse?

If you have no pride in your country how did you raise your children? Black kids can't read in 2012, Would MLK be proud of that? He fought for Equality of Education. He knew the power of the word, both written and spoken, yet today kids are willing give up that Right. How in the hell is that even happening? Perhaps it has to do with having no pride in anything?

My Family experienced death due to religion, war, persecution, concentration camps, KKK beatings. In each case, one group took pride in their beliefs, others died for it. I have no clue how any of my Jewish, Black, Gay, Immigrant friends or otherwise goes through life unarmed? How does this come to be?

I think it is a dangerous world when you try to separate pride from freedom and define what it means for all people. There is no such thing as a perfect place, people or religion. Take away the opiate of the masses and now have them pray at the alter of our Government? Now you can take pride in what is right and good? Family, God and Country, in that order for me.

Michelle was born free, lived free and prospered yet she was not proud of our country, not at all until her Husband was elected President? How does this come to be?

I am only taking her at her word and that is how I judge all people. I am not convinced she does the same.

Your argument from your point of view, based n your personal experience, is very strong. I don't know Michelle Obama, but I became proud of America in 1991. Before that time, I was proud to be an American and the small part my parents and forefathers played in the country's development; however, was I proud of America? Not really. Why? Because until 1991, I had seen nothing that was significant and had not played a role in doing something that carried the country forward, as a people. In 1991 that happened for me and for the first time I was proud of America.

Taking my experience and comparing it to hers, I can understand what she said. Some may not understand my reasoning, but it's not for them to understand. I don't look for acceptance of my feelings and I'm sure Michelle Obama isn't, either.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Noticing the sailor behind the President, I assume it was the National Anthem. I see a few people who do not have their hands over their hearts, which is not wrong.

Notice that same sailor in the second pic. The sailor was saluting.

I can't see anybody that doesn't have his hand over his heart that is clear enough to distinguish.

Title 36, U.S. Code, Chapter 10 - PATRIOTIC CUSTOMS
    Sec. 170. National anthem; Star-Spangled Banner
    The composition consisting of the words and music known as The Star-Spangled Banner is designated the national anthem of the United States of America.

Sec. 171. Conduct during playing
    During rendition of the national anthem when the flag is displayed, all present except those in uniform should stand at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. Men not in uniform should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should render the military salute at the first note of the anthem and retain this position until the last note. When the flag is not displayed, those present should face toward the music and act in the same manner they would if the flag were displayed there.
    Not wrong by what standard? :dunno:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Notice that same sailor in the second pic. The sailor was saluting.

I can't see anybody that doesn't have his hand over his heart that is clear enough to distinguish.

Not wrong by what standard? :dunno:

88GT, you are absolutely right and I stand corrected. I never realized this was a documented standard. I don't know how I didn't know that, but I am wrong on this point. Thanks for the correction.

Looking into it further (36 USC § 301 - National anthem), I didn't know that veterans were required to salute, even when not in uniform. I will need to give this more attention, as I have been wrong.

Top Bottom