This is not a daycare, It's a university!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    University means "unified in study of diversity". Todays foolishness is that you can only say what the mindless, "PC" worshiping fools want to hear. That mindset is more of a tool for nazi brainwashing than for learning critical reasoning and problem solving skills. There are already too many weak, mindless sheep in this country, we sure do not need to train more. Thank GOD for private institutions that have not bought into the demise of the mature adult.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    It seems like people try to point out any instance of injustice to hold up as proof of their own moral superiority and enlightenment. "I noticed this is wrong, which is proof that I am not a bigot." The same thing happens when someone makes a mistake. Others rush to point out the mistake and deride the poor fool because it surely must be proof of their own competence. "Bob made a mistake. The fact that I am pointing out his mistake is clearly proof that I would never, ever make that mistake." Saying "that's racist" implies that you are above racism since you noticed the problem and pointed it out. No, it means you're annoying. People can tell what kind of person you are without you dropping hints and trying to paint a picture you want them to see.

crazycatlady

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Allen county
    I heard an interview with Everett Piper, president of OWU, on Bott radio today during which he read this short piece. Outstanding. If I were looking for a college education these days, OWU would be in the running!

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Good read. Very good points in my opinion.

Life's hard. Deal with it.

We had a chemistry teacher in high school in the mid to late 70's, old black gentleman that had seen the ugly side of the civil rights movement and he told us one thing in particular that is truer now than ever: He said "It's a cold world out their children, be sure and wear a heavy coat." It's a shame that this simple lesson is no longer part of a child's upbringing.

Top Bottom