• ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    :hooked:

Y'know... the policy about no coats makes sense if you've seen this video
    Of course, you have to suspend common sense and not ask questions like, "I wonder if he could walk or otherwise go about a normal school day with most of that in there, especially the shotgun.

And of course, you have to go into this mindset wherein the person is irrelevant; it is the mere presence of the object that causes harm.

As to the kid sent to the office for drawing a picture of a gun, I recall two reports here on INGO, one of a kid with a baseball cap to which he glued some plastic "Army Men" in support of a family member who was a soldier in the sandbox. (The kid was told he could not have it at school because the soldiers on his hat had guns) and the other in which a child was sent to the principal's office for pointing a french fry at another student and saying "Bang".

"Zero Tolerance" equals zero thinking. If the school staff are not capable of using judgment and realizing that a student carrying a gun is in violation of the law, but that a squirt gun or a pointed finger is not a danger to anyone, then they have no business teaching our children.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill
    If someone wanted to come to school and shoot up the place wouldn't they just walk in with a rifle?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    If someone wanted to come to school and shoot up the place wouldn't they just walk in with a rifle?

Maybe. But if someone had a specific target in mind, such as a kid who had bullied the shooter or a teacher or principal the shooter felt had wronged him or her, maybe not.

I think that responsible adults need to be able to carry there and everywhere. I'm not sure how much that would help, considering how many chronological adults at the schools are not responsible, however.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Man

Guess that bullet proof jacket is out of the question.
    images

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Best

Advice

EVER!

:ingo:
    If this kid does indeed take my advice, am I some how culpable when he becomes The Hitcher? And I am not talking some BS remake Hitcher. I am talking full on Rutger Hauer with homosexual undertones 1986 Hitcher.

One thing I like where I live now, seeing the scores in the sports section of the paper for the local school TRAP TEAMS!!!

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    When I grow up I want to be a marine scout sniper

I don't know where you are in school but here are some pieces of unsolicited advice:

1: Complete HS. Without a diploma you will need a GED & 15 hours college credit to get in, and a waiver.

2: Stay out of trouble, any criminal charges against you will require a waiver. They told me they could waive just about anything up to murder.

3: Don't get a tattoo before you join, it will require a waiver.

4: Marines is always capitalized, it is a proper noun.

5: Right now is very competitive getting into the Marines. Any waiver you need to get gives you less of a chance of getting in. This will be how it is for the next few years since the flat economy and the reduction in size of the active duty forces.

6: Question: Is it better to be right, or risk your future goals?

If you think school is bad, just wait until you join. If you can't sit down, shut up and do what you're told without talking back then the military isn't for you. The Marines isn't about fairness, equality and rights, it's about getting a job done. While you are in, it is your job to protect the constitution, not practice it. You are told the Who, Where, When, How and sometimes the Why for your job, you don't get the choice to pick and choose. You will do it or go to jail, or some other disciplinary action.

7: Lastly, think before you talk. Ask yourself, is this really worth it? What are the consequences of what I'm about to say? What will i gain by saying it? If you can't give yourself good enough answers to those questions, then just keep your comments to yourself.

8: However, when asked for your opinion, give it without apology.

Good luck, also just remember: Combat Engineers get **** done.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I don't know where you are in school but here are some pieces of unsolicited advice:

1: Complete HS. Without a diploma you will need a GED & 15 hours college credit to get in, and a waiver.

2: Stay out of trouble, any criminal charges against you will require a waiver. They told me they could waive just about anything up to murder.

3: Don't get a tattoo before you join, it will require a waiver.

4: Marines is always capitalized, it is a proper noun.

5: Right now is very competitive getting into the Marines. Any waiver you need to get gives you less of a chance of getting in. This will be how it is for the next few years since the flat economy and the reduction in size of the active duty forces.

6: Question: Is it better to be right, or risk your future goals?

If you think school is bad, just wait until you join. If you can't sit down, shut up and do what you're told without talking back then the military isn't for you. The Marines isn't about fairness, equality and rights, it's about getting a job done. While you are in, it is your job to protect the constitution, not practice it. You are told the Who, Where, When, How and sometimes the Why for your job, you don't get the choice to pick and choose. You will do it or go to jail, or some other disciplinary action.

7: Lastly, think before you talk. Ask yourself, is this really worth it? What are the consequences of what I'm about to say? What will i gain by saying it? If you can't give yourself good enough answers to those questions, then just keep your comments to yourself.

8: However, when asked for your opinion, give it without apology.

Good luck, also just remember: Combat Engineers get **** done.
    See in the Marines when they give a order or set rules they do it for a real reason. I don't disrespect my teacher I just present facts. I can sit down and shut up and listen. I am very good at that.

Top Bottom