• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    Probably wasn't worth it to resurrect an 8-month-old thread, either. :dunno:

got you to reply ;p

In the future, I'm wondering what others would think of linking to a thread like this on his blog. I'm hoping to not have to report interactions like this again, but unfortunately there is no guarantee :(

JDonhardt

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    When dealing with cops like this its best to say as little as possible. "Yes, Sir. No, Sir. Thank you, Sir." And be on your way. Nevermind your anger, just get yourself done with the interaction as soon as you possibly can.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Probably wasn't worth it to resurrect an 8-month-old thread, either. :dunno:

Why? It took 10 seconds to post. Maybe it will shed some light on the situation to other members that want to open carry without their rights being infringed on...What is 10 seconds worth?:dunno:

When dealing with cops like this its best to say as little as possible. "Yes, Sir. No, Sir. Thank you, Sir." And be on your way. Nevermind your anger, just get yourself done with the interaction as soon as you possibly can.

Agreed. Anytime I have an encounter with an LEO, I'm polite and concise and I've never had a bad experience.

He definitely did the right thing and didn't make a stink about it...We all know where that can lead.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    In Indiana, there is no such law as "brandishing." Not to armchair quarterback, but maybe they got a call about a "man with a gun". I know that I am VERY careful around folks with firearms if I don't know them, however, after the verification of your identity and the CCW permit, why things apparently went "south" are up to interpretation.

One may have the right to "open carry", but that WILL attract undue attention. Personally, I DON'T want anyone else to know when I'm carrying, except of course, myself. The ability to fade into a crowd will keep you alive in a robbery situation, and more importantly, will provide you with more reaction time.

If I was robbing a place and walked into a store and saw someone openly carrying, that person would be my first target. Most of the time the robbers are under the influence of drugs, booze, etc., and not too mentally stable anyway. There is no reason to "tip your hand" in public. Please do not interpret my comments as criticism. I have been a police officer for twenty-seven years and ALWAYS carry concealed. I want surprise on my side.

Well said. But some people will not be convinced that carrying concealed makes good sound tactical sense.

pig957

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Under an oppressive government
    Aikidoka, you did all that you could do. Keeping your cool was the best thing you did. Arguing with LEO, will get you no where and you will lose everytime. File a complaint and see what happens. I am not a lawyer, but I slept with one.

Top Bottom