This Friday, 2/8 get to your State Capital for the RKBA rally!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    IN2ARally_01.jpg

IN2ARally_02.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I thought the turnout was pretty sad, 400-500 people. I probably know that many people who own guns. How many members on this forum? I think it shows how much people dont really care. I have never went to any kind of political rally in my life until this one. I took the day off of work to go. I just figured the whole block would be filled with people. Anyway i had a good time.

I knew of this rally but just started new job with HVAC contractor and we are overwhelmed with work due to the cold temps and his extensive customer base. We wanted to attend (son and son in law) but being on a Friday it was just not in the cards for us. If it had been today we would have been there.

-CM-

davidc912

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    South of Indy
    I thought the turnout was pretty sad, 400-500 people. I probably know that many people who own guns. How many members on this forum? I think it shows how much people dont really care. I have never went to any kind of political rally in my life until this one. I took the day off of work to go. I just figured the whole block would be filled with people. Anyway i had a good time.

Going to have to disagree about the lack of caring. This was held on a week day (work day)... with firearms... adjacent to state property with a daycare (somewhere) and a vague caveat about long guns and LCTHs... with no centralized organization... and for the first time ever.

There were lots of things to scare off those who support us, but aren't ready to fight along side of us... and plenty to question about if this was the smartest/most effective way to go about this whole thing. The reduced turnout was expected. The goal, however, it seemed was for better coverage. This didn't exactly happen, either. I think that is a valuable lesson in itself.

That said, yesterday was amazing. There were more than 500 that showed up. Sure you can get 28,000 to show up in a park in Portland for a pro-pot rally on a Saturday, but this was downtown Indianapolis, at the Statehouse, with firearms, on a Friday, with working class people. It was inspiring. Pushing back for two hours in the cold at our Statehouse did more for my spirit and resolve than a month of crushing anti-gun fruits online.

This isn't done.

488022_4494030396723_1438312772_n.jpg

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Hey I stumbled accross that open Pot Smoke In in Portland Ore a few years ago, (upwind of course), thousands of people in Pioneer Square smoking like a chimney..........could that have happened here in Military Park? I salute all you who made it down there, wished I could have been there. Wished my son, son in laws, and grandsons, could have been there. I hope nothing happens to the 2nd ammendment.

TheUziButton

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Here is a recap of all of the pictures. For more pictures of this event and other firearms related pictures Go Here

IN2ARally_01.jpg

IN2ARally_02.jpg

IN2ARally_03.jpg

IN2ARally_04.jpg

IN2ARally_05.jpg

IN2ARally_06.jpg

Several news stations covered the event.
    IN2ARally_07.jpg

IN2ARally_08.jpg

IMPD was kind enough to block off a portion of the street for the rally.
    IN2ARally_09.jpg

IN2ARally_10.jpg

IN2ARally_11.jpg

IN2ARally_12.jpg

IN2ARally_13.jpg

IN2ARally_14.jpg

IN2ARally_15.jpg

IN2ARally_16.jpg

IN2ARally_17.jpg

IN2ARally_18.jpg

IN2ARally_19.jpg

IN2ARally_20.jpg

IN2ARally_21.jpg

IN2ARally_22.jpg

IN2ARally_23.jpg

This guy’s shoulder must be hurting after carrying that M82 around on an unpadded sling for 2 hours straight.
    IN2ARally_24.jpg

IN2ARally_25.jpg

IN2ARally_26.jpg

If you ever find yourself downtown Indy after a rally, I highly recommend Rocket Fizz Soda and Candy Shop.
    IN2ARally_27.jpg

Rocket Fizz even has wall décor you might like…
    IN2ARally_28.jpg

Also, you may like South Bend Chocolate Company Chocolate Cafe...
    IN2ARally_29.jpg

IN2ARally_30.jpg

This sundae is called the "four horsemen". A banana split on steroids with four scoops of ice cream of your choice.
    IN2ARally_31.jpg

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Just a suggestion, but maybe we should do these when most people aren't working.

Having a protest in front of the state capitol building doesn't really do any good if the only people there to see it are the janitors, you have to do it when the elected representatives are actually there which I'm sorry to say means a weekday. we all have jobs and responsibilities but this is important. A lot of people at the statehouse friday were missing work to be there (massive flu outbreak lol) I know I was **cough cough** sick that day. we have to have a strong showing at each and every one of these events, if we loose this battle then, trust me, we are all pretty well screwed.

Small's

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    south of Indy
    That was my whole point. I have never taken a day off of work for anything like this ever except this time. To me this is the most important right we have and to here people say a day of work is more important is kinda sad. On another note why no pics of the beautiful gal with the glock with pink parts on it? She was a real head turner plus the pink glock. I believe one of the fellers up above is her boyfriend/husband and probably a member on here. I like how the news always picks the goofiest looking clowns in the crowd to interview, what a shame. They dont dare interview the smart black kid, oh wait they cant label him as a white racist extremist. Anyway it was good to meet some of you there.

Top Bottom